Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why the hell aren't you out on the lash?

Options
  • 27-12-2012 2:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭

Me, hate Stephen'sssss night with a passion. Every knobhead in the place will be out meaning the local nightclub will be packed, the queues put me off. The scramble for taxi's at 3am is another off putter. Also one of the lads text me to tell me he paid €20 to get in. :eek: Fook that!!

Few bottles of Bud, big box of Tayto's, tinternet and the comfort of my own home.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

The Horrors have got me. I need to recover.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I don't drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

I don't drink

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

I'm off to bed ... work tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

pmcmahon wrote: »
    I don't drink.

Eek...snap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

pmcmahon wrote: »
    I don't drink.
    neemish wrote: »
    I don't drink
    Badasses alert!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Im sick as a dog all xmas. Upset stomach/ bug. Hate going out the 26th anyway.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Or, could just..not drink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Knockout_91

Man on Fire, can of coke, pack of bacon fries > queuing for ages to be served in an overcrowded bar and spending an hour in the freezing cold trying to hail a taxi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I gotz the sniffles. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Was in the pub earlier this evening. Made sure to be home before the knobheads started coming in. A lot of them won't darken the pub door till next Christmas, thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

amateur drinkers this time of year, people going mental because "its christmas", no effing money so having a few jameson and coke at home.. airplane 2 just started on c4 so I will be p-ing myself laughing for the next while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Hippies!

Because coola fionn, likewise. 20 squids to get into some smelly sweaty dump with a load of knobends? Me thinks no. I won't find my princess out tonight...instead just a load of cheap cocaine fueled whores, wait...what am I doing in? :confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,671 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

I don't drink.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Never go out Stephens night to be honest, usually will do something New years unless OH's kids are in residence.

Am on crutches too, so no chance you'd find me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Ascii

Missus working and me at home with the little wan. Usually crap night anyway. Full of old skool friends who hate each other, airkissing and saying how much they must meet up this year and not be like last year...bulls**t.

Much rather 28th/29th when the dust has died down a little and you can meet the real friends for some food and a good booze up..... Similary I like to stay in on the the 31st with the queen bee and then the out on the 1st for a game of golf and all evening session. ..what a way to begin the new year. When I think of all the years I went out on the 31st and kissing people I could not stand....GGGRRRRRR :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭barney 20v

I don't drink, haven't for over a decade.
    The "lash" holds no interest to me, spent the evening with my kids .
    I'd hate to think all that Christmas has to offer is over priced drink in over crowded clubs-pubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

barney 20v wrote: »
    I don't drink, haven't for over a decade.
    The "lash" holds no interest to me, spent the evening with my kids .
    I'd hate to think all that Christmas has to offer is over priced drink in over crowded clubs-pubs.
    Old fart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Froyo

Fed up with booze!!

Sat here watching Alien. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

Only home now out since 2pm, have not had a pint since paddys day and really enjoyed my pints today, didnt go night club as its twice the price for twice the scum, stephens day is a great day to go out have a few pints with friends and family,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Why does Christmas time mean you have to drink?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Don't want to be looking at **** I went to school with. There was a lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭GKiraly

....coz there is a life outside the pub in Irish society today

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭barney 20v

Old fart.
    Why so? Non drinker = old fart?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Pilotdude5

Just came home, my little town in the South-West is slowly dying.....I didn't even have to Que for a taxi

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Broke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

GKiraly wrote: »
    ....coz there is a life outside the pub in Irish society today

LIES!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

In Work...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Hippies!

Froyo wrote: »
    Fed up with booze!!

Sat here watching Alien. :)

Bishops round your gaff too? :)

Advertisement