Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everyday Carry

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ShadowFox

POCKETS:
    Right Front €10 in coin (Always forgetting my phone)
    Left Front Swiss Army Climber and Led Lenser P2 and a Lighter
    Right Back Maxpedition Spartan containing usual cards, Rite in the rain with emergency numbers on it, €50 in small notes in the back of it for emergency and a Spy coin with a 4gb micro sd hidden in it

BELT:
    Maxpedition smart phone holder and phone (when I remember it)
    Keys with a leatherman style cs

Thats my general walking around the house/local EDC if going anywhere else I carry my Maxpedition Pygmy Falcon 2 depending where im going or what im doing i may add items to it but these items are in it always

MAXPEDITION PYGMY FALCON 2:
    Front Pocket: Snacks 2 packs of extra chewing gum, 1 tin of mints, 2 breakfast bars/biscuits
    Middle Pocket: Neck Gator, Gloves, 2 hand warmers, Rite in the rain note pad, Sharpie, Bullet space pen, Shop bought pocket first aid kit, Pain killers, Medium SOG Multi tool, Led Lenser M5 flash light, Spare batteries
    Side Pockets: 1lt of water and sometimes my rain poncho in the other
    Main Pocket: Generally this is empty but depending on where im going to what goes into it

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Steps Lightly

Currently working on my edc change over from cold to warm weather..
    However my edc keyring (hasn't changed in years) comprises of a true utility peanut lighter, brilliant.. Many times used. A jet scream whistle.. used once but to great effect. A mini Swedish fire strike..only used to show daughter how it works, scraper for firesteel wrapped with 3feet of duct tape..who knows?. Silva key ring compass with thermometer..thermometer broke quickly but compass used on daily basis..OCD about which way is north. A leatherman squirt, most recently used to screw a dartboard into the wall. A key to my brother's house, used frequently for emergency baby sitting and walking their dog.

Steps

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭the cats pajamas

I would recommend a small deodorant can as a improvised pepper spray, no explanation required.
    They are also easy to use.

I find the problem with knives is people will not use them and it gives an attacker license to use a lot more force.

I do not carry knives, I don't think it's wise.
    If you produce one odds are you will hesitate.
    The majority of people stabbed in the uk are stabbed with there own knives.
    I cannot say I would ever stab anyone except in the situation where another person produced a knife and i disarmed them (in which case i would worry what I would do).

also if you are attacked you won't have time to unfold a multi tool / penknife.
    you will need a rigid kitchen / hunting knife which you will never explain.

Hello C.P.

Already carry a small deodorant can...dual purposes..if necessary.

As regards sharps, a tool to be used and respected, I've cut myself more then once.

Steps

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ShadowFox

Since the rain has started to get warmer my EDC has changed I was carrying
    Maxpedition Spartan Wallet which has changed now to the Maxpedition Micro Wallet
    The Victorinox Climber which has changed to the Victorinox Mini Champ in Alox
    The Led lenser P2 which has changed to the Inova Microlite STS (same lumens but 9 hours life instead of 7)
    The Uzi tactical pen which has changed to the Inka pen
    Phone changed from the HTC wildfire S to the HTC desire 601
    Gshock watch has stayed the same
    Ive now added the Leatherman squirt P4 to my keys and a very thin 2 blade Victorinox pocket pal to my wallet
    My EDC Bag has also changed Ill post more on that later when Ive completed the change over

• Advertisement

Depending on mood, my edc ( and I do carry it everyday and everywhere ) is either a maxpedition jumbo Verisac in black or a vintage looking, olive green fjallraven shoulder bag.
    I do a fair amount of solo wild camping so the contents of my bag, at least to me, contain what I would need to handle several days outside if necessary. Also depending on where I'm going / circumstances I will add or subtract various items.
    As I'm currently on changeover mode from cold to warm edc and some things have to be decided I'll list the items that never change.

First aid kit..pretty extensive for a personal first aid kit, my sister in law is a nurse in ICU so I was able to trade advice/training/items for some babysitting hours. Also included in this are water purification tablets, bongela, tcp,superglue,personal hygiene etc, can't listit all as might get someone in trouble !

Full set of good lightweight rain gear....has come in handy numerous times.

AMK emergency bivvy.

SOL survival blanket.

Surviva Jak.

2 x really cheap plastic poncho..to give to others.

2 x cheap survival blankets...to give to others.

Surefire E1L torch with headband and spare batteries.

Petzl e+lite head torch and spare batteries.

Photon freedom key ring light with cap attachment.

Stormproof matches, various tinder and combustibles in small waterproof/airtight container.

Swedish fire steel.

Blazer Venture dual flame lighter.

A hat, various, either in the bag or on my head. ( and a cheap plastic shower cap ).

Pair of Sealzskin water proof sock. ( great if you're not wearing waterproof footware ).

Bandana..has lots of uses..though never used it.

Para cord..various lengths..wrapped around various..need to learn more knots.

Ishield...rolled up sunglasses in a camera film type container.. Not used..have sun sensitive eyes..if I need them..I'll really need them.

Opined no. 8...discreet, non offensive, explainable in the context of the rest of the bag and a fairly sharp blade. Blades being something of a controversy..I have a more robust blade that I would possibly choose if that situation required it.

Kleen Kanteen...water ..boiling ..etc.

Life straw...nope..gave that away but still think it could be a life saver..

Food.. Beef jerky from Aldi,mint bars,cuppasoup, noodles and curlywurlys.

My remit for whatever I've chosen is that I can hopefully use it for a least dual purposes, and if I never do...well that's not a bad thing either. I really do carry this stuff as edc.

Steps

Advertisement