Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for an upgrade

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeesh
    55 for the killer, 45 for the tank

ill wait until 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

Lads, I will be broke from this thread! Should have kept my mouth shut and stuck with the ego twist, now I want all these goodies!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Sher it'll work grand in any old carto tank (35-40mm).
    Kir's Rasta tank maybe? The Fotia'd be nice if the juice-feed was on the other side. The screw cap looks like it would get in the way of the Killer's chamber.

Space looks extremely tight for dual coil actiongeddon.
    8D10592C-CE03-42D9-BB76-7B3B4B570676-2790-000002A8496FE3C6.jpg

Do those lips/walls on the top of the ceramic serve any/much purpose?

If not, how would you cut ceramic off?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

I imagine they keep with wick in place just. Come to think of it, it would be difficult to put the ceramic assembly into the base if they weren't there, as you rotate the base to get a tiny 'lasso' of wick around the base.

If you were so inclined, I imagine a dremel or similar would get rid of them, but you would lose 4mm of height to the coil then, if that would make a difference (less space for the wick, I suppose).

Not sure how I'd lose coil-height. I'd just want those 2-3mm walls that are surrounding the coil out of the way for that extra 1/2mm of space, so the coils would be in the same-ish spot.
    The only other alternative would be building the coils and pressing them to the opposite walls, but the TH off that might be too exaggerated with the airhole just scraping past both coils...
    I dunno. Guess I'll see when I get it. Worst that happens is I rescue a ceramic cup from a CE2 and resign myself to being happy that I have an amazing dripper-tasting small tank with *sigh*whitepeopleproblems* twisted wire.

• Advertisement

So.... I received the Vamo yesterday.

First impressions are, the thing is huge!

IMG_0098.JPG

Here it is next to my twist..

IMG_0099.JPG

It's about twice the size of the twist, but really comfortable to hold. I've really small hands too, but it feels perfect to me.

With a Kanger T3 on top

IMG_0108.JPG

IMG_0106.JPG

Only using in 18650 mode atm while I wait to get my hands on 18350's. It's a flat top efest and there's no rattle, it's a perfect fit.

It came with an extra spring for the end cap, it's smaller so I reckon I could use either flat or nipple top 18350's by changing the spring.
    I got the 510 to ego adapter from thebestshop and it works fine, thankfully. :)

Vaping cookies and cream now, at 7w in the 2.4Ω T3, and it's truly lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Spare spring, eh? didn't get one of them with mine!

if you were to compare the same kanger t3 and juice and your twist and then on the vamo, how much better do you reckon it is? maybe scale it 1-10 or something? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

I thought cherry cola hasn't been around since the mid 80's? Maybe they should introduce an e-juice version.

There's loads of those, Ollie.

I know Liberty Flights and ecigwizard do one, I'm sure more must.

grindle wrote: »
    There's loads of those, Ollie.

I know Liberty Flights and ecigwizard do one, I'm sure more must.

I can't even remember if I liked the stuff or not. Just seen it in superneat's pic above.. Might try and get some e-juice flavor. Anyone else notice the price of juice in the UK seems to be a lot dearer than here?

• Advertisement

Had it recently from some Ye Olde Nostalgia sweet shop in Dublin - is nice.

English prices - yup. Even besides the imported USA juices, they can be steep.
    Think they've been watching prices in the US going "We've missed a trick here."

Americans, considering the market size and cheap ingredients, are getting rode.

Sometimes on pbusardo's show I'd be looking at a juice going for $25-30 per 30ml bottle thinking "They can't all be as good as Highbrow Vapours."
    And they'd have to be, for those prices.

We're lucky here in Eire, some great online e-cig shops. Fast delivery, good prices, customer service..

<Ollie> wrote: »
    I thought cherry cola hasn't been around since the mid 80's?

I get it in a shop called Dealz in Limerick. It's around €9 for 24 cans, lovely stuff!
    Lucutus wrote:
    Spare spring, eh? didn't get one of them with mine!

if you were to compare the same kanger t3 and juice and your twist and then on the vamo, how much better do you reckon it is? maybe scale it 1-10 or something? smile.png

Hard to say really, I'm a novice with this stuff as it is! :D

I did a little taste test, at different voltages, to see if I could notice any difference.
    I used the twist and Vamo fully charged, with cookies & cream in a 2.4Ω Kanger T3.

The differences at the same voltages, 3.2v and 4v were subtle.
    I was getting more vapor, flavour and TH from the Vamo.
    At 4.8v, I got a burned taste from the twist, but not the Vamo :confused:

I have the VH Genisis on the way to me now, so I'll test again with that once if I get it up and running. :rolleyes:

Advertisement