Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for an upgrade

Options
  • 26-12-2012 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Hey lads,
    Just started vaping recently and I've really taken to it, don't miss the fags at all!
    I started with a Kanger twist T3 starter pack as recommended on here.
    I find it great and love trying different flavours although the cookies and cream from wingnuts is defo my main vape.

As with all things in my life, I always have an eye on what's next?

So what would be a good upgrade from my current equipment or is it a case of "if it aint broke.."?

Also, is this a bit foolish to be thinking of, what with the impending EU directive?
    I'm only sickened that it's taken me this long to get into vaping, when the end of it as I know it, is around the corner!

On a second note, what will people here be doing if the ban comes into effect?
    Will ye stockpile before hand and try to import afterwards?

Thanks guys! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

superneat wrote: »
    Hey lads,
    Just started vaping recently and I've really taken to it, don't miss the fags at all!
    I started with a Kanger twist T3 starter pack as recommended on here.
    I find it great and love trying different flavours although the cookies and cream from wingnuts is defo my main vape.

As with all things in my life, I always have an eye on what's next?

So what would be a good upgrade from my current equipment or is it a case of "if it aint broke.."?

Also, is this a bit foolish to be thinking of, what with the impending EU directive?
    I'm only sickened that it's taken me this long to get into vaping, when the end of it as I know it, is around the corner!

On a second note, what will people here be doing if the ban comes into effect?
    Will ye stockpile before hand and try to import afterwards?

Thanks guys! :D

Well we have at least 2 years minimum if it goes ahead.
    You can't go wrong with a Provari, IMO best out there, the Vamo seems to have a lot of issues with electronics but seems to be good if your one of the lucky ones. Then there is the eVic which is due out any day now (new year(ish)) I have one on pre order from Bargainvapour at €70, can't go wrong there unless it's useless that is.

As for stockpiling I'll wait until I can find out for sure what shelf life is and what the downsides are when due date is up (whether just loses effectiveness or becomes lethal etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

kiffy wrote: »
    Well we have at least 2 years minimum if it goes ahead.

Sweet, that's great, I was worried I may have missed the boat in terms of vaping.

I'll have a look at that eVic shortly, would love the provari judging by the looks and reviews I've seen, but it's a little expensive right now, that's not to say I won't get one!

Here I thought vaping was going to be cheaper than ciggies! :p

Just checked out this review of the eVic

Seems to be exactly what I was looking for! Very good looking, longer battery life and very techie.
    Love the way it tells you how many puffs are left on the battery.

Am I right in saying the T3 heads I have will fit seeing as it has 510 and ego threads? Thought I saw a review of something similar that would work with the T2 but not the T3 because of the grooved bottom part??

Just checked out this review of the eVic

Seems to be exactly what I was looking for! Very good looking, longer battery life and very techie.
    Love the way it tells you how many puffs are left on the battery.

Am I right in saying the T3 heads I have will fit seeing as it has 510 and ego threads? Thought I saw a review of something similar that would work with the T2 but not the T3 because of the grooved bottom part??
    Yeah Sup it will take both 510 threads and female threading of the eGo tanks.

Awesome, I'm actually ordering juices at the moment and now really tempted to order this as another pressie to myself!
    It says shipping out on Friday on the website so I may wait (hopefully the price doesn't go up) until i hear what you have to say on it.
    Will you do a bit of a review on it when you get it kiffy?

• Advertisement

Awesome, I'm actually ordering juices at the moment and now really tempted to order this as another pressie to myself!
    It says shipping out on Friday on the website so I may wait (hopefully the price doesn't go up) until i hear what you have to say on it.
    Will you do a bit of a review on it when you get it kiffy?
    No prob's but not actually sure when I'll be getting it, hopefully end of next week?

I might not last that long! Usually when I have my eye on something I just buy it!
    I'm gonna check some more reviews and decide in the next few days. Will make do with some new juices til then :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I got my mam an eVic for Christmas and she loves it, says it's the nicest vape she's had in a long while and she's tried lots of ego style batteries, 3.3, 4.2 and twists.

Does anyone know how it would compare to a vamo? I like the look of that too, although I wouldn't be able to use my T3's with it.

Does anyone know how it would compare to a vamo? I like the look of that too, although I wouldn't be able to use my T3's with it.
    Haven't used a Vamo looks ok for a cheapy with Dodgy electronics but any mod that doesn't fit an ego you need a 510 to eGo adapter and your in biz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

The Vamo can power dual coils properly. If you ever buy DCCs or want to try them in the future, or you get into rebuilding with duals, the eVic won't be able to power them properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Very happy with the Vamo here, would recommend it as an ego twist upgrade to everyone.

I wasn't aware of any electronics issues as mentioned by kiffy above, I also see that he hasn't ever tried one, so there's that too. :P Variable wattage is a great feature to have.

I see pbusardo has reviews of the eVic and the Vamo (I linked that in another thread here a while ago), so they are worth a watch.

Whatever mod you do get, consider a dripper also, made a big difference for me.

Yes I watched a good few of his videos including the vamo and evic ones. I enjoy his reviews and he seems to rate the vamo very highly.

The dripper is one thing I'm not familiar with yet, will have to research that one along with a few other things I'm not sure of, but the ones you linked to are expensive!
    Again, not knowing their real purpose yet and whether they are a need or an upgrade of sorts.

I'll get the hang of all this stuff, although it might cost me a fortune in doing so!

I'll get the hang of all this stuff, although it might cost me a fortune in doing so!
    Join the club, I've been off stinkies 7 months and 7 days and must have spent at least half (if not more) on devices and juices, but money well spent :).
    But no matter what set up I'm on I'm always looking for something else to try, don't know why, probably because I have the money to spend that would have been wasted on stinkies.

Lucutus wrote: »
    Very happy with the Vamo here, would recommend it as an ego twist upgrade to everyone.

I wasn't aware of any electronics issues as mentioned by kiffy above, I also see that he hasn't ever tried one, so there's that too. :P
    Came across it on the vapers facebook page, seems to be more than just the odd one that's gone gammy, put me off getting (oh must try that and see what's its like) one.

Link us up there. interested to see if it's BS hearsay or there's something too it, I've been recommending Vamo's to all, I would hate to think you were right kiffy.

I imagine it's just a few from the very first batch with a long since fixed 6W problem.

Anyway, make with the source link :)

Link us up there. interested to see if it's BS hearsay or there's something too it, I've been recommending Vamo's to all, I would hate to think you were right kiffy.

I imagine it's just a few from the very first batch with a long since fixed 6W problem.

Anyway, make with the source link :)
    Lucutus of Borg are dougbting my sincerity :p
    Here's a few comments on the bits that concern the letrics

Paul Nevin Electronics Ian, I have seen this a few times with the
    Vamo, if you got it off us let me kniow
    December 23 at 9:29pm · Like

Ian Flavin Thanks Paul. Wasn't from you. It really does look like an
    electronical issue!!
    December 23 at 9:33pm · Like

Paul Nevin We have gotten a few back with the same sort of issue,
    they are more hit than miss but there is a high percentage failure rate with them
    December 23 at 9:35pm · Like

Lee O Donnell Where are you based Ian, I've a spare one here you
    can borrow till you get it sorted!
    December 23 at 10:04pm via mobile · Like

Ian Flavin Wow, thanks for the offer, but I think I will be okay with
    my lavatube over Christmas. Thanks anyways, dude.
    December 23 at 10:37pm via mobile · Like

Lee O Donnell No worries man! Offer stands if anything happens
    the LT!
    December 23 at 11:26pm via mobile · Like

There are 20 odd comments before it gets to the lectrics bit.

And here's the link (doubting Thomas) https://www.facebook.com/groups/irishvaping/
    It's a nice bit down the page. And it seems like it's been a problem with a least 2 vendors so it's hardly a bad batch where more than one vendor is concerned.
    Chuck em in the bin and get a P****ri/eVic :D

DAMN IT KIFFY *shakes fist* Thanks though, good to know theres something up with them.

What exactly is the problem there? just not firing or what? would like to know so I can double check with ppl who've gotton them on my word. If any vendors would like to chime in, that's welcome too :)

DAMN IT KIFFY *shakes fist* Thanks though, good to know theres something up with them.

What exactly is the problem there? just not firing or what? would like to know so I can double check with ppl who've gotton them on my word. If any vendors would like to chime in, that's welcome too :)
    I stand by the last comment in the last post on it
    "Chuck em in the bin and get a P****ri/eVic :D"
    You know it makes sense :p
    Hope to Buddha the bloody eVic ain't a crock of Shiite after all this :eek:

What exactly is the problem though? a couple of DOA units?

My Vamo is great for 40 quid, more features and it's lot more affordable than your 225 quid provari.

The attitude of the 'vamo is for the bin' from you kiffy is upsetting me, please stop it. I love my vamo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

What exactly is the problem though? a couple of DOA units?

My Vamo is great for 40 quid, more features and it's lot more affordable than your 225 quid provari.

The attitude of the 'vamo is for the bin' from you kiffy is upsetting me, please stop it. I love my vamo.

here here! [hear hear?]

fair enough if someone owns both, but to diss something in favour of a thing you haven't even used yet kiffster is a bit unfair. :p

artyeva wrote: »
    here here! [hear hear?]

fair enough if someone owns both, but to diss something in favour of a thing you haven't even used yet kiffster is a bit unfair. :p
    Aw come on Arty you should be used to me on the boards by now I do love a good leg pulling.
    I know the Vamo is a good mod, saw yours and Viktors in Newmarket I just love taking the piss and winding people up :p

"Your Vamo is better than my Provari..." SAY IT!

"Your Vamo is better than my Provari..." SAY IT!
    You might say that, I couldn't possibly comment :D

Thinking of buying the eRoll now like the look of it, but the 0.6 tank is putting me off a bit. But at only €49 (that's €10 cheaper than that lecky problem proned Vamo :rolleyes:) its not really dear.

€49? You mean €10 dearer?

grindle wrote: »
    €49? You mean €10 dearer?
    Well spotted Grind's, that's my first mistake today :p
    Anybody want to buy a 2nd hand P****ri for €220 :eek:

Lucutus.

pm-ing details.

Ok, so I think I will go with the Vamo. Going to buy from thebestshop.eu.

As far as batteries go, should I get the 2 X ICR High Power 18350 batteries on their website?

Or get better batteries on another website?

Something like these AW 18350 IMR High Drain Battery on e-smokeireland.

The bestshop batteries are €7 for two :confused: and the e-smoke ones are €20 for two, probably a no brainer but if someone could chime in I'd be grateful.

• Advertisement

I'd get the eFest 18350s.

They test as well under load as the AWs, although the capacities can be slightly lower than stated on the wrapping. The eFests @ ESI have ~10% less capacity than the AWs, but they're half the price.
    Half the price => twice the amount of batteries.

Advertisement