Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farting on a first date

Options
  • 26-12-2012 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭

Lets say you are sitting down to dinner during a first date, and the person farted. Would this turn you off and make you not want to meet up for a second date, even if she/ he is attractive. Or would you just laugh it off to yourself quietly and get on with things.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

10/10 on the title, would read again

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I'm pretty tolerant but any more than one and I'm gettin' the hell outta Dodge:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Culleeo

I would let them away with it if they farted, but if they started breathing, there is no way I would go on a second date with them :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Deal breaker for me anyway. It's a sign of worse things to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Deal breaker for me anyway. It's a sign of worse things to come.

That's a mental image I didn't need...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,802 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

As long as they didn't follow through then it's all good....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Church or chapel, let it rattle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭spireland32

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Anita Blow wrote: »
    10/10 on the title, would read again

LOL at your name.

I wouldn't be at all impressed if someone was that rude on a first date. Maybe if they'd told me they had some tummy problem that day I'd give them a pass, but otherwise its bad manners and I hate bad manners.

Larianne wrote: »
    LOL at your name.

Well spotted! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭TheBody

It would depend on how smelly it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Personally I don't fart in front of a girl until such time as I have had sex with her enough that she won't kick me out for it. I demand the same courtesy :pac:

There's a girl in work that does it regularly. Thinks its it's hilarious and is "one of the lads". Dirty bastard.......just no like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

As one gets older you must always remember to never trust a fart, if you do than make sure you are at home alone. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Id let one go,

just to let her know I wasnt judgemental

There's a girl in work that does it regularly. Thinks its it's hilarious and is "one of the lads". Dirty bastard.......just no like!

But given your job, she probably is barely shagable at 2 am after a full day of drink :pac:

Oh and as our literary genius James Joyce would say...

At every **** I gave you your shameless tongue came bursting out through your lips and if a gave you a bigger stronger **** than usual, fat dirty farts came spluttering out of your backside. You had an arse full of farts that night, darling, and I ****ed them out of you, big fat fellows, long windy ones, quick little merry cracks and a lot of tiny little naughty farties ending in a long gush from your hole. It is wonderful to **** a farting woman when every **** drives one out of her. I think I would know Nora's fart anywhere. I think I could pick hers out in a roomful of farting women. It is a rather girlish noise not like the wet windy fart which I imagine fat wives have. It is sudden and dry and dirty like what a bold girl would let off in fun in a school dormitory at night. I hope Nora will let off no end of her farts in my face so that I may know their smell also.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭yizorselves

Big difference between an accidental bum hiccup and a really forced one that you prepare the other party for. I've done it before by accident while laughing at one of my hilarious lines. Think it went unnoticed. Although one time when I was putting my jeans back on I bent over beside the bed and let one fly. I just said sorry and laughed, didnt see her again

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Depends, we talking about a little "poof" or a full-on squelchy, scuttery brown rain fart?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Whatever about her farting, I'm pretty sure she'd be less impressed that I was still giggling like an immature schoolboy still half an hour later after she dropped one! :D

This scene never gets old-

But given your job, she probably is barely shagable at 2 am after a full day of drink :pac:

Quite the opposite dude. She's actually one of the good ones!

Except anytime I see her now, I imagine her ass puckering like a deflating balloon......not cool!

• Advertisement

Quite the opposite dude. She's actually one of the good ones!

Except anytime I see her now, I imagine her ass puckering like a deflating balloon......not cool!

Since you missed my edit.... I really gotta make you feel a little sick today :pac:

James Joyce wrote this :D

At every **** I gave you your shameless tongue came bursting out through your lips and if a gave you a bigger stronger **** than usual, fat dirty farts came spluttering out of your backside. You had an arse full of farts that night, darling, and I ****ed them out of you, big fat fellows, long windy ones, quick little merry cracks and a lot of tiny little naughty farties ending in a long gush from your hole. It is wonderful to **** a farting woman when every **** drives one out of her. I think I would know Nora's fart anywhere. I think I could pick hers out in a roomful of farting women. It is a rather girlish noise not like the wet windy fart which I imagine fat wives have. It is sudden and dry and dirty like what a bold girl would let off in fun in a school dormitory at night. I hope Nora will let off no end of her farts in my face so that I may know their smell also.

Jesus mini!

Jesus mini!

I know, gives me a bit of a chub TBH. His wife sounds good :pac:

It sounds like the good Mr. Joyce was an eproctophile.* Yuck.

*Eproctophilia = fart fetish.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭solas111

Girl brings boyfriend home for the first time to meet her parents. They’re all sitting down to dinner when the b.f. lets off a fart. The old man kicks the dog under the table, saying: “Watch it dog”.

A couple of minutes later the b.f. farts a second time and the old man kicks the dog again, saying: “Watch it dog”.

The young guy farts a third time and the old man kicks the dog under the table, saying: “Watch it dog or the f….r will s..t on you”.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

There goes me pudding :(

Larianne wrote: »
    There goes me pudding :(

Yeah, I interpreted that in the context of the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

If it was accidental fart then I wouldn't mind but if she lifted her arse cheek and let one rip then end of date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

Oh and as our literary genius James Joyce would say...

I have seriously spent the last 10 minutes rolling around on my bed crying with laughter at this. My mum is banging on the door asking if I'm alright.

As for someone farting on a first date, I am attracted to funny people more than anything so if he was farting in a funny way it might be alright, as long as the farts didn't smell. The scent of someone's bowels isn't exactly an aphrodisiac.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭ashers22

Experience suggests if they're unable to control their flatulence they probably suffer other digestive issues, could be symptoms of ibs or food intolerance or allergies and might be inclined to wander to the bathroom more than occasionally, leaving you twiddling your thumbs for long spells. Or worse, use your loo as their own personal log room and leave you clean up their skid marks on a daily basis. Probably best to avoid offering them coffee on that otherwise wonderful first date.

Advertisement