Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 19 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Hidalgo wrote: »
    Is that for definite. Cueller will come in for me, hope they keep City out now

He's on the bench

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Lambert scores it

Great, and there goes Schwartzer's CL, another 4 pts down the drain.

This is rapidly descending from a decent to awful GW

again

KevIRL wrote: »
    He's on the bench

He'd better stay there. If AVB brings him on for 1 pt I'll go simple

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Hazard yello...0 pts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Hernandez goal, Carrick assist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Hernandez goal, Carrick assist.

Feck it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Ben Davies ready to come off my bench with a cleanie. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

KevIRL wrote: »
    Hazard yello...0 pts

Great captain choice this week. I will stick it to Suarez for next weeks, no matter what.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Can't seem to get my transfers right this season.

Yet again, had the choice between bringing in Torres or Mata, and the latter is set for 11 points while Torres records his first blank in 4 games. And this is after getting rid of Mata just before he started he scoring run after a lengthy drought. For Bale. Who immediately got injured.

This game is a nightmare at times...

37 points with, Suarez, Sterling, Begovic and Shawcross to play tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

No Rooney, shipped out Sess who got an assist and most likely 2-3 bps, no clean sheet for Zab, and the rest of my league captained Van Persie...bad bad week

Did I mention I c'd Michu? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

40 from 5 today, have 4 left to play later on and with my subs I should get over 50 for the 8th GW in a row!

Still 2nd in my main league, how I don't know. I havn't had a really good week since early Nov.
    Looking like a solidish week this time around except for my usual sweet FA from captain

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Is Fellaini back this weekend?

Not this weekend, he's due back on 2 January away to Newcastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭qwabercd

37 with sterling, suarez, defoe, bego and cameron to play. Annoyed I took a 4 pt hit, knew it wouldn't be worth it. All in all doesn't seem to be a bad week, going through in the cup again. Having RVP is such a bonus, but there could have been even more goals in that game for him.

Sessegnon's price has dropped 0.3 since the DGW but again he proved his worth today.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭dahat

All the RVP fanboys cheer loudly as the captain choice does the business!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

unkymo wrote: »
    40 from 5 today, have 4 left to play later on and with my subs I should get over 50 for the 8th GW in a row!

Snap. 40 with Bale and 3 Stoke defenders to play. Although I took a hit to get rid of Tevez and Nolan for Berbatov and Bale

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

unkymo wrote: »

Good going, I was on for over 50 for 9 weeks in a row but Hazard (c) put paid to that :(. Unless Defoe and Suarez run amok it's extremely unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

dahat wrote: »
    All the RVP fanboys cheer loudly as the captain choice does the business!!!!!

It's getting frankly ridiculous. My league leader has enough team value to have Van Persie, Suarez, Tevez, Silva, and Mata in his team. I can't even outscore him in the midfield to make up for not having Van Persie.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,085 ✭✭✭✭CSF

42 with 3 to play. Rafael and Nelsen not playing led to an unlikely defensive saviour for me in Cuellar. The last minute change back to RVP from Michu as captain went well too.

• Advertisement

PLEASE tell me the one defensive change that Villa have made is not Ciaran f**king Clark.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭JPA

roryc wrote: »
    PLEASE tell me the one defensive change that Villa have made is not Ciaran f**king Clark.

It's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,111 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Took out Rafael yesterday for Jones for a point hit as Cuellar was against City and didn't think he'd get anything. Cuellar keeps a clean sheet but the hit has me 2 points behind my cup opponent who has never made a transfer but has 3 Chelsea defenders. Fantastic.

CSF wrote: »
    42 with 3 to play. Rafael and Nelsen not playing led to an unlikely defensive saviour for me in Cuellar. The last minute change back to RVP from Michu as captain went well too.

A lot of managers will be getting lucky this week from Sunderland/Reading defenders getting subbed in. I of course am not one of them! Perhaps Villa can get an unlikely 3-3 draw with Spurs, hat-tricks coming from Bale and Clark...

Praying for a 0-0 draw later in the Pool game.

roryc wrote: »

Team news - Villa v Tottenham - KO 5.30pm.

VILLA: Guzan, Lowton, Baker, Clark, Bennett, Holman, Westwood, Herd, El Ahmadi, Delph, Benteke. Subs: Given, Bowery, Lichaj, Ireland, Carruthers, Bannan, Albrighton.

TOTTENHAM: Lloris, Walker, Gallas, Vertonghen, Naughton, Sandro, Dembele, Lennon, Bale, Adebayor, Defoe. Subs: Friedel, Caulker, Dawson, Livermore, Townsend, Parker, Sigurdsson.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭dahat

jolim24601 wrote: »
    It's getting frankly ridiculous. My league leader has enough team value to have Van Persie, Suarez, Tevez, Silva, and Mata in his team. I can't even outscore him in the midfield to make up for not having Van Persie.

As last year to play FF without him is almost impossible...Fully expect him to hit 14million around WC time....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

jolim24601 wrote: »

Most people should be able to afford vp, 2 decent strikers and at least 2 midfielders worth 9 or more. You are just being stubborn not having Van Persie and it will hurt long term. Personally, I have van Persie, torres, Mata, Bale, Cazorla, michu and money aside for fellaini on his return. Berbatov is my cheap forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

36 with Shawcross, Sterling and Enrique to play. Happy enough. Unexpected 8 from Mignolet was lovely. Would happily take a Liverpool win to nil later on, number 1: because i'm a Liverpool fan, and also most have one Stoke playing, or 2, or even 3

Think Mancini misunderstands the English match fixture system.

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini: "It's the same story for us at Sunderland every year, we are not going to come here next season."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,085 ✭✭✭✭CSF

CSF wrote: »
    Actually have 4 to play, some fool I am.

Advertisement