Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most boring day of the year

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

heading to the bar?? your talking ****

Plenty of family run non unionized bars have lock in of a Christmas night

stonybatter in Dublins northside had a few that would be open ,
    i would imagine more so in the sticks

you just dont know the right people moneyteam

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Riddle101

1. There's **** all on television.

Depends on your preferences. There are good movies on, it really goes down to whether you like them or not. Today I watched Toy Story, it might be for kids but it's timeless as far as i'm concerned. I also watched Death Wish 2, Charles Bronson killing scumbags, how can you hate that.
    2. One has to put up with the family all day long.

True, i'm not that big into relatives visiting and all that, luckily for me I only have to put up with them for an hour though, because they don't stay long. Other then that I only spend time with my immediate family which is all i need.
    3. Pubs are closed.

Bar tenders deserve to have a day off too you know.
    4. Having to put up with small children all day.

Only saw one kid today, everyone else is all grown up now.
    5. Having to go for a walk so I wouldn't get shouted at by parents for not going to mass.

Don't go to mass anymore. My mam hates it, but I laid down the law and told her I'm not going.
    6. Turkey

Turkey And Ham = lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Royle Family Christmas Special is on. Great show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

I don't get the pubs being closed argument, I might be alone here but I am drunker than I am on the average Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Rylan

ive been there..

hero

This is the attitude that makes me want to take my family out of this country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Rylan

nocoverart wrote: »
    Boring I can take but this has to be the worst xmas I ever had. I went out last night, drank like a fish! got in a fight and lost. I ended up in a cell till about 5 30 am and had the worst hang over ever! MERRY CHRISTMAS xxx
    Context

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I don't get the pubs being closed argument, I might be alone here but I am drunker than I am on the average Tuesday.
    It's Tuesday?? Who knew? And that's another thing I love about Christmas time. Mobile not ringing for work is just a bonus. WTF is there not to love??:D

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭CatEyed92

I am bloated :( Turkey sangwiches finished me off :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Are people boozing much today/tonight?

Myself, I've had a good auld skip. Bottle and a half of wine, couple of Irish coffees and 4 or 5 cans of Guinness. The fridge is actually getting emptied of drink I'll soon have to start on the Corona, which frankly is piss.

• Site Banned Posts: 10 moneyteam84

Rylan wrote: »
    This is the attitude that makes me want to take my family out of this country.
    good riddance doesn't sound like you's will be missed

• Advertisement

Christmas is great for most of us, can be a very tough day for people who've had a tragedy during the year or recent years and of course for so many kids and spouses it's a sh1tter of a day if you're in the house with a violent alcoholic or similar but for most of us it's great, it's like your insulated from reality for the day.

I reckon Good Friday is a fairly grim day for whatever reason tbh, it's not a holiday like Christmas is but has as apocalyptic air to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

RoverJames wrote: »

I reckon Good Friday is a fairly grim day for whatever reason tbh, it's not a holiday like Christmas is but has as apocalyptic air to it.

Well tbh it's the very same as any other Friday.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

pat_cork wrote: »
    . There's **** all on television.

I know these flat screen tv's are crap you can't put **** all on them. I remember when you could nearly park a car on a tv. We used to have a lamp a box of tissues even the VCR could fit on top of the tv.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

heading to the bar?? your talking ****

Most rural pubs open christmas day for a few hours after mass, and then again in the night for a few hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

You're old enough to go the pub, you'd think you're old enough to just say you're not going to mass without being afraid your mammy and daddy will shout at you. Just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I actually would love to have some small kids around on xmas day. Just seeing their faces in the morning must be magic. No kids in my family just an elderly aunt who gets invited to everything and moans when she doesn't have enough people fawning over her.

Advertisement