Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most boring day of the year

Options
  • 25-12-2012 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi, as I have nothing at all to do I decided to make a list of why I feel that Christmas day is the most boring day of the year.

1. There's **** all on television.
    2. One has to put up with the family all day long.
    3. Pubs are closed.
    4. Having to put up with small children all day.
    5. Having to go for a walk so I wouldn't get shouted at by parents for not going to mass.
    6. Turkey

I'm sure there's more that could be added to the list but I can't think of anything as of now. I'd be interested to see what day of the year others think is the most boring and your reasons why.

Happy Christmas
    Pat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Bank Holidays during the year have a similar vibe, and you usually get lashed out of it on the Tuesday at work the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭DAZP93

One would usualy get bladered op..to me thats always a bit of fun..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

TV is surprisingly crap.

Someone take away the food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(leave it!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

you think todays bad
    wait until tomorrow :L equally bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

No wonder you are bored if you have to resort to the pub and television for entertainment. Happy Christmas :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

There's nothing on TV

I suppose a ride is out of the question?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I just watched Die Hard 1 and 2 while eating my body weight in celebrations and roses and in an hour Trading Places is on. That's a pretty kick ass day in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

I just watched Die Hard 1 and 2 while eating my body weight in celebrations and roses and in an hour Trading Places is on. That's a pretty kick ass day in my opinion.

Ssshh, in case the atheists find out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I'd genuinely hate to think like the OP. One of my favourite days of the year.

Nice sleep in, then breakfast. Went for a run in the lovely weather, amazing dinner and wine, sleep on the couch for a bit watching TV, then go for pudding and coffee. Probably have a few beers now soon and watch TV by the fire.

For one day of the year I don't see how you could complain... I suppose I'm lucky to have family around etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,794 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

pat_cork wrote: »
    Hi, as I have nothing at all to do I decided to make a list of why I feel that Christmas day is the most boring day of the year.

3. Pubs are closed.
    5. Having to go for a walk so I wouldn't get shouted at by parents for not going to mass.
    6. Turkey

I'm sure there's more that could be added to the list but I can't think of anything as of now. I'd be interested to see what day of the year others think is the most boring and your reasons why.

Happy Christmas
    Pat

The answers to your points

1. Internet or stuff you have on whatever recording box you have.
    2. No answers
    3. Can't live without it for one day. Have you not got something at home visit friends
    4. Ok all day may be hard but its the kids magic of christmas that makes it great
    5. You poor thing get a backbone and say no i listen to a whine for a while.
    6. Turkey is beautiful as well is the ham, wine, irish coffee, beer.

Off now for an Irish Coffee

Happy Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

the most boring day of the year is election day.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life

its very boring and i just keep eating because i have nothing else to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Most boring day of the year? I'm guessing you're not working yet. The most boring day (s) of the year is Monday. Fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Tbh tis been a pretty good day for TV etc, its always nice to have one day that you do something different aka not very much, stay in cosy PJs all day which i never do, have a big dinner and sweets and just chill a bit :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Hi, as I have had loads to do I also decided to make a list of why I feel that Christmas day is the best day of the year.

1. There's great stuff on television.
    2. One gets to see the family all day long.
    3. Pubs are closed.
    4. Having fun with small children all day.
    5. Not having to go for a walk . Unless you want to.
    6. Turkey, ham, steak, wine, chocolates, cake, trifle, beer, pressies.

I'm sure there's more that could be added to the list but I can't think of anything as of now. But anyway, Christmass is magical and I love it.
    Happy Christmas
    Potttler
    fyp:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

I wouldnt say its boring but can drag a wee bit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

3. Pubs are closed.
    6. Turkey

Happy Christmas
    Pat
    1. DVD,listen to music or read a book.

2. You don't, you are an adult. You are allowed to do your own thing.

3. Boo hoo!

4. See #2.

5. Starting to doubt you are actually an adult.

6. Cook yourself a chicken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭SueBoom

I made a Christmas hat tower, on my head. Boring day? Your call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I'm having a whale of a time!!:)

Beached whale:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭pat_cork

Thanks for some of the witty replies lads, you're making it a bit less boring! Some of the others are **** though :p
    DAZP93 wrote: »
    One would usualy get bladered op..to me thats always a bit of fun..:D

I'm halfway through a slab of bud but I'm barely steaming cause I'm such a mad hoor.
    Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    Most boring day of the year? I'm guessing you're not working yet. The most boring day (s) of the year is Monday. Fact.

I am working it's not boring because I get paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

How is it boring? its one of them days where its completely different than any other(for most of us) have you ever come home from school sick at 9.45am on a tuesday in February, now that's a boring day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

the most boring day of the year is election day.

i read that as erection day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Boring I can take but this has to be the worst xmas I ever had. I went out last night, drank like a fish! got in a fight and lost. I ended up in a cell till about 5 30 am and had the worst hang over ever! MERRY CHRISTMAS xxx

• Site Banned Posts: 10 moneyteam84

saiint wrote: »
    you think todays bad
    wait until tomorrow :L equally bad
    wow....what a idiot...football on,pubs and shops open how is that equally bad???:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I think it's a lovely day. Nice lie in, lovely brekkie, took it nice and handy cleaning, gave a hand with the cooking, had a few drinks, played with my niece and all her new toys, now heading out to the bar for a few drinks with the family. Can't complain, an I love to complain!

nocoverart wrote: »
    Boring I can take but this has to be the worst xmas I ever had. I went out last night, drank like a fish! got in a fight and lost. I ended up in a cell till about 5 30 am and had the worst hang over ever! MERRY CHRISTMAS xxx
    ive been there..

hero

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

i had to go for a walk to pretend to go for mass ?
    seriously , i can not fathom the logic behind that statement

and one thing puzzles me , they tell you to go to mass , yet they must not attend themselves , because if they did, they would see you were not there :confused:

methinks they wanted you out of the gaff so they could use the special gifts they got each other , al la trainspotting , just a thought :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Dr. Jonathan Crane

You're a miserable c*nt, OP.

• Advertisement

I think it's a lovely day. Nice lie in, lovely brekkie, took it nice and handy cleaning, gave a hand with the cooking, had a few drinks, played with my niece and all her new toys, now heading out to the bar for a few drinks with the family. Can't complain, an I love to complain!
    heading to the bar?? your talking ****

Advertisement