Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever gotten in trouble with the law?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

Driving laws are imposed to curtail the possibility of needless road death. Is manslaughter LESS wrong than murder?

He is right. Some dual carriageways are 60kph. You dont think thats a bit arbitrary? If is curtails needless deaths, then set all dual carriageways at 60kph.

You`d be happy with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Spent a few nights in the 'Pearse St. Hitlon' and a few other evenings in cells but not much else

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Yep, I fought it but the law won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Spent time in jail
    robbie7730 wrote: »

He is right. Some dual carriageways are 60kph. You dont think thats a bit arbitrary? If is curtails needless deaths, then set all dual carriageways at 60kph.

You`d be happy with that?

Do you think that having no speed limits would cause no increase in road fatalities? Your example is ridiculously narrow minded.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,043 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I fought the law and the law won
    I needed money cause I had none

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Spent time in jail
    Shryke wrote: »

Do you think that having no speed limits would cause no increase in road fatalities? Your example is ridiculously narrow minded.

Depends where they are, look at Germany.
    Just because people are allowed drive at 159mph doesn't mean they are capable of it. The average car on the road will begine to feel unstable above 100mph and because of the fuel economy and wind/road noise most wouldn't bother.
    It's also perfectly safe to travel that fast on a lot of our M ad N roads as far as the structures are concerned.

Some one driving at double the speed limit outside a school is a dick head, some one doing 140kph in a clear 120kph zone is grand.
    It's all relitave to circumstance.

I've been taken to the station for graffiti and skating on private property. No convictions, not on record. Just scare tactics.
    For what it's worth, I've always been very polite to Garda when they're giving me a talking to or taking me away. I think that helped a good deal.
    Also worth noting, that was all as a reckless teen, I haven't been given out to be a Garda in years. Apart from being told not to drunkenly climb on stuff that is. :D

Shryke wrote: »

Nice irony. Do you ever find infinite wisdom problematic?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

hedzball wrote: »
    Straw man...

End of days penalty points are not a criminal conviction ..

You can leave the country with penalty points..

Got arrested in wales before when I was 14 on a rugby tour.. took it upon myself to run up the bonnet of a squad car screaming " WOOO WOO WOOO WOO" got dragged down pretty sharpish..

'hdz

When Mozart was 14 he composed the opera "Mitradate re di Ponto", the best you could come up it at a similar age was the woefully unimaginative "WOOO WOO WOOO WOO", for shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

I got an adult caution for stealing drink from behind the bar before. I would have gotten away with it too, if I hadn't been greedy and gone back for a second go :P

9959 wrote: »
    When Mozart was 14 he composed the opera "Mitradate re di Ponto", the best you could come up it at a similar age was the woefully unimaginative "WOOO WOO WOOO WOO", for shame.

Whats the worst you came out with at 14 while having a laugh or messing? And we can compare it with someone else`s best output:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Whats the worst you came out with at 14 while having a laugh or messing? And we can compare it with someone else`s best output:pac:

I can't remember, nothing dates like the recent past, though I vaguely recall composing my first Oratorio on a 'Kazoo' when I was 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

I am a good girl
    Clean as crystal. Not even a penalty point to my name after 8 years on the road in both the UK and Ireland.

And its not through lack of trying. Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

had to pay 140 for pissing in public

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Odysseus wrote: »
    Are not all laws man made?

Laws of physics aren't man made. They were discovered by man but have always existed in this universe. The law of gravity, what goes up must come down, existed before man and will exist after him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Penalty Points
    RATM wrote: »
    Laws of physics aren't man made. They were discovered by man but have always existed in this universe. The law of gravity, what goes up must come down, existed before man and will exist after him too.

Existing after man, is that not a bit like a tree falling in a forest with nobody around?

9959 wrote: »
    I can't remember, nothing dates like the recent past, though I vaguely recall composing my first Oratorio on a 'Kazoo' when I was 12.

I think you missed the point though. You assume what the other poster did, was the best they could come up with.

And now your having to yank yourself off around the clock because you can't get any proper sex with girls??

Do you know the damage a bomb can do? Twil blow your head into the side of a tree!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Spent time in jail
    I also told a beangarda a dead baby joke but she only laughed at it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

I am a good boy
    Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

Driving laws are imposed to curtail the possibility of needless road death. Is manslaughter LESS wrong than murder?

Eh, yea actually!

Advertisement