Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever gotten in trouble with the law?

Options
  • 25-12-2012 5:50pm
    Site Banned Posts: 6

I have penalty points, but that's it.

Have you ever gotten in trouble with the law? 166 votes

Been arrested, no biggie
    0%
    Spent time in jail
    25%
    the whole year innDiageio_ManTomohawkShrykekeithclancycallaway92breadmondSRFCHalloweenJackCianRyanniallu[Deleted User]jdooley28damagegtathloneladDboy85areyawellrainbowdropPrettyBoyPatsy fyre 42 votes
    Penalty Points
    6%
    A Dub in GlasgoOdysseuscallaway92baldbeartdv123tunedouteaglej13Vito CorleoneDeath and Taxespat_cork 10 votes
    I am a good boy
    17%
    RabiesRiamfada[Deleted User]keithclancyDarkJagerDuffFearDarkpwurplecallaway92baldbearRayMniallu[Deleted User]Topper HarleyPrettyBoyIceFjoemnewmugTheBodyEASYNEWSpuzzle factory 29 votes
    I am a good girl
    51%
    GraysonPompey MagnusRed AlertweemcdKilOitDonkeyStyle \o/qzBrokenArrowsMadPatrickelefantchubba1984danger mouseAndy-Pandyconzyhumbertbarry181091ciano1johnnykiloCiaranTheGreatShane-KornSpace 85 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Court appearance for TV license

Still living with the shame :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Looks like you don't even have any.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,417 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Yeah,the law won.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭AnarchistKen

Spent time in jail
    Numerous times. Poor mother used to go bananas any time they knocked in to the house looking for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Before I answer that question OP, I'm waiting for my solicitor to turn up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Always with the vague answers ^^^^

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

I am a good boy
    I wouldn't class penalty points as being "a brush with the law". Driving discipline is nothing to do with criminality. Its an arbitrary thing, people make up the speed limits, they can change overnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I am a good girl
    I shot a sheriff once but didn't shoot his deputy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I am a good girl
    I had got a brush with the law once, I painted a garda station.

bye.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

once, I didn't have proper emergency exits in my meth lab and got fined 200 quid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,122 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Spent time in jail
    Been arrested a few times now for things like pissing in the street, buying drugs and possession of an offensive weapon. Was never charged with anything, though. I got a caution for one of them, that's it.

Yeah but the guard wasn't wearing his hat at the time so they dropped the case before it went to trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Spent time in jail
    Was in court twice for being too drunk. First time was justified but I honestly did nothing the second time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Penalty Points
    newmug wrote: »
    I wouldn't class penalty points as being "a brush with the law". Driving discipline is nothing to do with criminality. Its an arbitrary thing, people make up the speed limits, they can change overnight.

Are not all laws man made?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭ArtyM

Been arrested a few times now for things like pissing in the street, buying drugs and possession of an offensive weapon. Was never charged with anything, though. I got a caution for one of them, that's it.

Thats impressive - if they were for the same thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Nope me and judge dredd are great buddies

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

I am a good boy
    Odysseus wrote: »
    Are not all laws man made?

They are! The point I'm making is that driving laws are arbitrary, whereas something like murder is wrong whether its legal or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I was only ever 'arrested' once for making oinking noises at Gardai while drunk.. was put in the back of a squad car but they let me go after driving about for a while. They were actually dead on and saw the funny side of it all but said they had to be seen not to accept abuse. Didn't have to give them my details or anything.... sound!

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Court appearance for TV license

Still living with the shame :cool:

So you should be. Who will pay Pat Kenny his 1 million a year if were all to take your stance? Or Derek Mooney reported €300k or Joe Duffy who earns over half a million? ;)

I was only ever 'arrested' once for making oinking noises at Gardai while drunk.. was put in the back of a squad car but they let me go after driving about for a while. They were actually dead on and saw the funny side of it all but said they had to be seen not to accept abuse. Didn't have to give them my details or anything.... sound!

And you got a spin in the squad car...cool :cool:

• Advertisement

Bit like Pat Mustard the police are currently after me because im so gorgeous they have to put me under A-RRESTT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

Penalty Points
    Had many a run in and cross word with Magic Sean :D, but behind it all he's sound!

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

I am a good girl
    No, nothing.

Although I was once questioned over an attempted kidnapping/bank robbery/ransom thing. That was interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭LiffeyValleyB

I am a good boy
    "Prawo Jazdy" votes for the penalty points option in your poll.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Spent time in jail
    Set up a meth lab and was cooking away in places like a camper van, a underground super lab and in houses been fumigated. Some idiot I used to cook with left my name in a book and now my brother in law who is in the DEA is coming after me as he saw the book.

Don't know what to do :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Nope, I've been caught doing some borderline illegal stuff, but never arrested.

Borderline illegal being fighting (well, defending but winning, cops tried to blame me until some bystanders told them what happened) and climbing up a fountain while absolutely hammered....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Bit like Pat Mustard the police are currently after me because im so gorgeous they have to put me under A-RRESTT!
    And now your having to yank yourself off around the clock because you can't get any proper sex with girls??

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

When I was younger the odd time, I'm too smart for the law now.:pac:

I've only ever had minor offences, Public disorder (urinating in public), Theft (removing election posters) and speeding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

newmug wrote: »
    They are! The point I'm making is that driving laws are arbitrary, whereas something like murder is wrong whether its legal or not.

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

Driving laws are imposed to curtail the possibility of needless road death. Is manslaughter LESS wrong than murder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

Spent time in jail
    Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

Driving laws are imposed to curtail the possibility of needless road death. Is manslaughter LESS wrong than murder?

Straw man...

End of days penalty points are not a criminal conviction ..

You can leave the country with penalty points..

Got arrested in wales before when I was 14 on a rugby tour.. took it upon myself to run up the bonnet of a squad car screaming " WOOO WOO WOOO WOO" got dragged down pretty sharpish..

'hdz

Advertisement