Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nas

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »

My favourite Nas tune next to Purple, real haunting beat, any Rae and Ghost fans might recognise the first verse.

Should have been on Illmatic without a doubt...probably my favourite Nas verse tbh...although it might have to come after his 1st on Star Wars...highly underrated track by him...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

2Pac was better* imo, but I agree on Jay-Z being underrated and I did/do that myself often.

* I don''t get the argument that he died young so he never got to decline, that holds little weight imo as he released all that music and all those films by age 25 and he was in jail for some of it - he was showing no sign of stopping or slowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭baddebt

they're certainly up there.

Who do you reckon anyway? :)

Rakim , KGR , nas , GZA , slick rick , KRS 1 , biggie , , big daddy kane , Evidence , alchemist , scarface , ice cube , Ghost , guru and gang starr , all better emcee's than Jay or eminem , hell I even think DJ QUIK and NINE, aesop rock and brother ali are better then jay and em (merely my opinion of course )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

baddebt wrote: »
    Rakim , KGR , nas , GZA , slick rick , KRS 1 , biggie , , big daddy kane , Evidence , alchemist , scarface , ice cube , Ghost , guru and gang starr , all better emcee's than Jay or eminem , hell I even think DJ QUIK and NINE, aesop rock and brother ali are better then jay and em (merely my opinion of course )

The Alchemist? Yeah okay man :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

baddebt wrote: »

Cube is my favourite rapper, but he is not a greater MC than jay or em.

• Advertisement

Cube is my favourite rapper, but he is not a greater MC than jay or em.

I don't think it is purely about who he is a better rapper though, if it was neither Biggie or Pac would be up there as Pun for example would rap circles around them and Em and Jay at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

we can talk we want about who's the best emcee but at the end of the day its about who makes the best music and tbh not a lot of people can rival jay z, pure consistency.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Where yall at by nas is a monster tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Was going to post Nas Is Like but someone already did. Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Any song off illmatic is my favourite, even the intro!! Too hard to pick a favourite off that album, the greatest hip hop album of all time!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

It's difficult to choose Nas' best song.

Would be either One Love, Halftime or NY State of Mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

You're da man and Smokin' are my two current favourites, some flow!

Where Nas gets the story and the flow perfect along with the beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

It Ain't Hard to Tell is one of the greatest songs of all time, of any genre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Purple would definitely be one of ine but up there as well would be

and

At story telling theres very few who can touch him

Advertisement