Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you working this Christmas?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

Finished work this morning at 07.00 home to 7 yo and 6 month old girls doing the santy thing:D.
    Been on the go since about 14.30 yesterday,just having a few beers now,suprisngly dont feel that tired.
    Back on friday early shift for 7 straight days.....oh the joys!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,451 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

I worked a 12 hour shift on Christmas day and a 10 hour shift on Christmas eve..I was dreading it but it turned out grand, getting lot of time off because of doing it so that a bit of a bonus:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Elessar wrote: »
    Anyone here in work today or over the Christmas period? And what do you do/where do you work?

I'm off today but back in tomorrow for a 4am start (up at 2.30am) :( It's 4am starts all the way to Saturday with me.

The joys of working shift in the airport!! And no, I don't even get a shift allowance or anything, it's just another day for me :mad: :(

I work in the airport too. Started at half 4 this morning. Three twelve hour shifts for the next 3 days. Only difference is I get up at quarter to 4. The joys of living close and not being a woman.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

How's things in Malta? I've been living there since September but am home for the Christmas.

Everything was great here for Christmas, work was a doddle.

Where abouts in Malta are you based?

..There was me thinking I'd be the only one walking around wearing the Boards t shirt and no one would get it :(

Do you work in gaming?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭ashers22

worked til 6 Christmas eve, off xmas day and today, back tomorrow through to Sat, off Sunday and back to normal Monday. I'm a pharmaceutical technician and people be needing their drugs and medicines despite the day baby Jebus has his birthday party. Looking forward to going to work tomorrow anyway. (and I got a xmas bonus this year too so its all good)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

ashers22 wrote: »
    worked til 6 Christmas eve, off xmas day and today, back tomorrow through to Sat, off Sunday and back to normal Monday. I'm a pharmaceutical technician and people be needing their drugs and medicines despite the day baby Jebus has his birthday party. Looking forward to going to work tomorrow anyway. (and I got a xmas bonus this year too so its all good)

You must work in the community, rather than a hospital etc if you are getting a bonus; good stuff. I was in chrsitmas eve, back tomorrow, in on monday, the after Tuesday everthing is back to normal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭ashers22

Odysseus wrote: »
    You must work in the community, rather than a hospital etc if you are getting a bonus; good stuff. I was in chrsitmas eve, back tomorrow, in on monday, the after Tuesday everthing is back to normal
    yeah, local dispensary and on top of the bonus a few bottles of wine and enough boxes of chocs to keep me in sweets supply for the next six months nom nom. They have a lot of happy customers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

Worked til 2 on xmas eve, hit the highest sales so got to leave early.

Off today and yesterday, back tomorrow, then off the weekend. It's my birthday on Friday and I'm working that day too..

Advertisement