Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Christmas Sales

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,459 ✭✭✭✭ted1

krudler wrote: »
    To all the Christmas Eve shoppers, the last minute panic buyers, the closing time door rattlers, the abusers, the 5am risers, the Stephen's Day bargain hunters and the unwanted gift returners.

Fuck you.

Sincerely,
    Everyone who has, does or will ever work in retail.

Hope you have a good Christmas, it' be much tougher on the dole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

And Another Thing: You have a job while many others don't. Just get up early and get on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I was gonna go sale shopping today but then I decided to stay at home, watch films and eat loads of food instead

I seriously need some new clothes though. If anyone goes to Liffey Valley don't buy all the nice stuff ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

I'd rather sit bare-arsed in nettles than go shopping today. I don't like the sales-mad shoppers than come out at this time of year. My uncle's wife queues for the 5am Next sale. Every. Year. *shudder*

I'll stick with the asos & Amazon sales thank you very much!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I see the 'you're lucky to have a job' vultures are out in force today... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

pithater1 wrote: »
    I see the 'you're lucky to have a job' vultures are out in force today... :rolleyes:

anyone who says that to me gets set straight very quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

So why are retail staff any more special than the rest of us that work today (and tonight) without complaint?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

RosyLily wrote: »
    I'd rather sit bare-arsed in nettles than go shopping today. I don't like the sales-mad shoppers than come out at this time of year. My uncle's wife queues for the 5am Next sale. Every. Year. *shudder*

I'll stick with the asos & Amazon sales thank you very much!:)

i think there's something wrong with people who queue up in the wee hours for a sale, especially a Next sale

the vast majority of stuff in the post-christmas sales in clothes places is just ugly stuff that didn't sell for a reason throughout the year, and what ive found if there is anything nice it's always absolutely ginormous sizes.

just have a lie-on and eat yourself into another food coma on stephen's day

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

pithater1 wrote: »
    It would never happen though, people are too greedy and vulture like to give it up now they have a taste for it.

The likes of Next etc deserve a petrol bombing for the 5am Stephens Day bollox though

I wouldn't dream of going into the Next sales at 5am so that pretty much rules out getting any bargains in there since their Irish website doesn't have the sale :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭mosstin

Where To wrote: »
    So why are retail staff any more special than the rest of us that work today (and tonight) without complaint?

As then suddenly, as if by some magic..........................it became a different thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Has anyone thought about there being people put there that might want to work today? Some places (not all) will offer double time or TIL which I'm sure will he handy. Although saying that having worked retail through college, I would never venture into any stores that were open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I can't imagine ever queuing up to get into a sale. Why the hell would anyone bother, especially on Stephen's day? Life is too short. I got the handbag I wanted online from Debenhams for 100 euro less than cost price and I'm delighted with that. No stores should open on Stephens day,Christmas day is exhausting and everyone should be given the opportunity to have a lay in to get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Where To wrote: »

Taxi drivers not complaining? Is that a pig flying?

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

Sales.....Shopping in general , I will never see the attraction to be honest.

I shop when I actually need to buy something.

I can only assume that people are so bored with their lives that they feel the need to go shopping, especially in the sales, to give themselves a little bit of instant gratification, that little high from having something new. This is somewhat delusional as the purchasing of things does not make you happy in the long run.

Your time would be better spent with friends or family, or if you don't have either, doing something that truly makes you happy and brings you a lasting peace and happiness, a trip away, a stint in an Indian Ashram for example, get in touch with reality.

I feel a little sorry when I see herds of people sweating in shops and rooting through rails, armed with a load of bags containing their false happiness.

How much stuff does a person need ?

Not a whole lot really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

krudler wrote: »
    To all the Christmas Eve shoppers, the last minute panic buyers, the closing time door rattlers, the abusers, the 5am risers, the Stephen's Day bargain hunters and the unwanted gift returners.

Fuck you.

Sincerely,
    Everyone who has, does or will ever work in retail.

To all retail staff:

Quit whinging, you pussies.

Sincirely,
    The hospitality industry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Froyo

People who camp out for anything that's going on sale are morons.

People who have nothing to do but shop on St. Stephen's day are worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Yakult wrote: »
    Next. That is all.
    I really feel for their staff.
    Nurk
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

When ever I tried one of these big sales it was always full of shiet. 50%off!!!!!! In reality one shiety item that you won't even buy at 90% off and the rest is at same price, if you lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

So what did everyone buy today? :) Pics please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭cazzak79

Not everyone can afford full prices for clothes etc the big attraction if next sales is kids clothes which are knocked down in the sales

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

So I went to a shopping centre today. First time I ever been to one on boxing day.

Honestly, there was nothing but crap on the rails....I did get a lovely scarf and gloves and a necklace from Accessorize which were all half price. But no good clothes. I didn't even venture into Next, I think it's disgusting they have their staff in at that time of the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Who ever came up with January sales was very smart. They have people buying like crazy for the 2 months before chrisfmas, and then no reason to buy anymore. Enter the January sales, save money on crap you neither want nor need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I wouldn't dream of going shopping today. Tomorrow is my shopping day. Gonna hit New Look like a hurricane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I didn't even venture into Next, I think it's disgusting they have their staff in at that time of the morning.

they would have been well aware of it when they applied to work there, not as if they're told on Christmas Eve "btw, you're in at 5am on Stephen's Day".
    and I presume they'd get well paid for it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

My sister worked yesterday for a few hours, got double pay. No compliants from her, she has today off and could go out and enjoy herself last night. She got xmas eve off because she was working yesterday.

Advertisement