Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What really obvious thing have you only just realised?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Where To wrote: »
    Or what's in your trousers.

Ya, those too.
    nocoverart wrote: »
    Not really! very ugly people get treated a certain way even if 50 Euro notes come out of their mouths.

Emphasis on the very? Money makes every difference tbh. I think that's the one place you shouldn't have gone to make a point.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

That Iphones suck and Android rule the mobile kingdom!

mattjack wrote: »
    I dress like a Chinese paratrooper , but sing like a Viennese choirboy.

"Ding Dong merrily on high , In excelsis Deo "

drunk already.

Curiosity here but do you wear khaki or what's the default battle dress?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

When someone cheats on you, leave them.... Don't try and "give them a second chance.." :o

[Whisper]*They do it again!*[/whisper]

Derpity dooba derp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Shryke wrote: »
    Ya, those too.

Emphasis on the very? Money makes every difference tbh. I think that's the one place you shouldn't have gone to make a point.

Very as in the ones that look like a mini bus ran over them and then reversed. Ha yeah! you're right about the money actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Where To wrote: »
    Wheels have neither a penis or a vagina.

I think I've had too many drunks in the back tonight.:o

But they do have slicks and wets, there is hope for us yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Shryke wrote: »
    Curiosity here but do you wear khaki or what's the default battle dress?

Are you not Shryke ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

That Uncle Phil in Fresh Prince does the voice of Shredder in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

For a while I thought the saying "fair dues" was fair juice because of the accent of the person who kept saying it. :D
    Dubhaltach wrote: »
    Patchy~ wrote: »
    Hint: you don't ever have to type www. :P

Dublin bus being an annoying anomaly if I remember correctly
    Hmm, works fine for me! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I didnt know I could pay my credit card bill online until a month ago :confused:

I had always been going into the post office with my statement whenever I needed to pay some of it off, I knew about the standing order/direct debit option but I only pay in fits and starts so that didnt suit me. Wasnt until I started adding payment transfers to my internet banking recently that I copped you could do it online....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Nobody willing to admit that they used to say eXpresso?

mattjack wrote: »
    Are you not Shryke ?

Categorically and emphatically koala.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭dixiedan

And whats your DOB? ;)

What does DOB mean?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭dixiedan

My boss said to me recently that it was obvious I was indecisive, which I didn't realise.

When I got home that day, I thought about it and decided that I was indecisive. So which am I ? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Chin Stroker

That Uncle Phil in Fresh Prince does the voice of Shredder in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Very cool ;)

dixiedan wrote: »
    My boss said to me recently that it was obvious I was indecisive, which I didn't realise.

When I got home that day, I thought about it and decided that I was indecisive. So which am I ? :confused:

You thought about it and came to a conclusion. That means you're thoughtful. Idiots will shoot from the hip. You're indecisive to someone who most likely has come to expect arse licking and snap decisions. In some lines of work that's an advantage. As far as critical thinking goes it's a fail. Take it as a compliment. If you can't you might be indecisive!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

dixiedan wrote: »

Well don't ask me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Never realised Freddy Mercury was gay until after he died. I'd been to see them in Slane in all. Was telling this to a mate a few months ago and he said did the name Queen not give it away? What? Never copped that one either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

cantdecide wrote: »
    Nobody willing to admit that they used to say eXpresso?

You would be suprised how many people still do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭movingsucks

That Iceland the supermarket is all frozen stuff...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

Very cool ;)

I know.. You never think until someone says it to you, and then you're like "oh yeeeaaaahhh!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 27,055 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Birdie086 wrote: »
    You would be suprised how many people still do

No I wouldnt :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

At about 3 am in the morning, must have been 5 years ago, I was down in Carlow on a night out when I suddenly realised that it is Abrakebabra, not Abrakedabra. I was very pleased with my detective skill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

nice_very wrote: »
    that "lonely this christmas" was never an elvis song.. only found out this week!!

Only found this out today ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭therealgirl

That Iceland the supermarket is all frozen stuff...

I realised this the other day also...my hubby shook his head when I said it...duh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

mikemac1 wrote: »
    You don't need to type www. before many well known websites. Boards is one

I spent years and years typing www. every time

Only copped on this year and was treated like a fool by someone I told :rolleyes:

Goddammit you're right. All you have to type is http://boards.ie and away you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Very cool ;)
    I think the animation was done in Dublin, the guy who did the backgrounds is an Irish painter and art lecturer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭movingsucks

I realised this the other day also...my hubby shook his head when I said it...duh
    My husband gave me the "oh Jesus what kind of brain dead zombie did I marry" look :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

That the song ' Gudbuy T' Jane ' by original skinhead group Slade ( of later Glam rock fame ) was originally written as ' Goodbye To Jane ' but their use of switching to slang worded titles gave them more hits .

Grammar Nazis take note .

^ only know this because I watched the documentary about them last night .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Zirconia
    Boycott Israeli Goods & Services

Patchy~ wrote: »
    That Montreal, being a French speaking country, has a French meaning. Mont Royale. And I love French. :pac:

There's loads more that always hit me...e.g. diabolical being a word relating to the devil, and once it was demolition being related to demolish. I also love English. I can be so slow sometimes. :o

I was amazed a few years to hear the Mediterrean Sea literaly means 'the sea at the center of the world' which should have been obvious I guess, as it was the center of the known world in ancient times (in western history, that is).

Advertisement