Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off topic golf thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,877 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Not totally off topic, he does talk about golf .......a bit....

very funny guy and a song that will change the world at 40 mins :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

Lads I'm just going to post a mail I've sent out to family and friends regarding an error on AIB accounts. They have enough of our cash so please check:-

Guys if you’re with AIB check your online account for any duplicated transactions.

Apparently if you withdrew from a BOI ATM or used certain point of sale shops these transactions were duplicated this morning.

I noticed when I was €125 shy on my budget check this morning! It will be refunded but make sure you check it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,121 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

You are spot on.

I'm not even a Utd fan but his choice of words and general demeanour is of a broken man already. He'll only set the club back as he has already destroyed Mata, shadow the player he was. I thought he should be given time but I think it would be wrong to keep him.

Hopefully he gets used to the fact that this is not Everton and we dont celebrate draws at United.
    Also, looking at the guy lately, I dont think we need to worry about a 6 year contract. I reckon a heart attack will hit him soon enough if this "form" continues. He looks awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

GreeBo wrote: »
    Hopefully he gets used to the fact that this is not Everton and we dont celebrate draws at United.
    Also, looking at the guy lately, I dont think we need to worry about a 6 year contract. I reckon a heart attack will hit him soon enough if this "form" continues. He looks awful.

Big thing is do they trust him to spend 150m in the summer ?
    I doubt it so reckon he's a goner. Unfortunately ( #MOYESIN :D)

Be better for his health anyway as I agree he looks terrible.

alxmorgan wrote: »
    Big thing is do they trust him to spend 150m in the summer ?
    I doubt it so reckon he's a goner. Unfortunately ( #MOYESIN :D)

Be better for his health anyway as I agree he looks terrible.

I think given 150M his default reaction would be to try to buy 10 15M players :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

GreeBo wrote: »
    I think given 150M his default reaction would be to try to buy 10 15M players :(

The ~65M on Mata and Fellini wouldn't suggest that. :mad:
    Mata I can live with, but the saga around, and price paid for Fellini was a joke.

I've never liked the appointment and still maintain that Jose wanted the job so badly and was willing (even looking) to settle down with a club like United to create a legacy after his club hopping to date... His interviews before the CL clash last year were that of a man that wanted the job beyond anything.

So, opportunity missed, he was the man for the job, we tried to create another Fergie but that's fairytale stuff... We needed someone that would step out of Fergies shadow quickly and without fear... not much to do about that now.

But going back to Moyes, I would give him another year, he has inherited a bag full of sh*te but it's still a bag that should still be performing better than it is.
    I wouldn't dream of giving him near 150M, I would give him 30M max and tell him to go and raise another 60-70M from the sale of players. The squad needs to be ripped apart imo.

Kagawa (even though I rate him)
    Nani
    Zaha
    Cleverly
    Young

Would/should raise in the region of 60M, there are another 4 or 5 in the squad that could be gotten rid off once and for all, Bebe, Anderson, Macheda etc.

In theory I would like to see about 10 players leaving, and for next year, I only think they need to replace them with 4-5 real quality players.... No champs league (barring a miracle by winning it) means that this should not be an issue.
    All you have to do is look at the Liverpool squad and see that it doesn't need to be jam packed when there is no European football.

So 8-10 players out, with 5 decent players in and a minimum amount of cash given to Moyes should have a team to make the top 4 next year.
    If he does that and signs are encouraging, let him build on that.

The 5 players I would target given a 100M budget would be split into

Top class LB: 25M
    Experienced CB maybe coming to end of career, someone that can play and help Jones, Smalling, Evans develop: Free/Loan/SFA 5M
    Top Class CM: 40M

And then with the 30M left I would spend it on a quality winger (left sided preferrably)

I would love to see Coleman at the club, Rafa to be sold to make way. I'm sure a potential world cup winner should cover the cost of a wee lad from Donegal.

There's no reason that Rooney, RVP, Welbeck, Chico don't offer enough to finish Top 4. I would leave that till the following year.

PARlance wrote: »
    Jose wanted the job so badly a...................So, opportunity missed, he was the man for the job,

we tried to create another Fergie but that's fairytale stuff... We needed someone that would step out of Fergies shadow quickly and without fear... not much to do about that now.

Totally agree with you. Even when you look at Fergie now, we all now he hasn't really retired, sitting in the stand at every game, and god knows what strings he is pulling behind the scenes.

There is no way he could be doing all that if Utd had given the job to Jose. (I fail to understand why he wasn't given the job) He would not be stepping out of Fergies shadow, but rather he would be casting the shadow!

Fergie wanted a puppet he could control and that puppet was Moyes. Unfortunately it has backfired in spectacular fashion (not that I'm complaining) :D.

stevieob wrote: »
    Totally agree with you. Even when you look at Fergie now, we all now he hasn't really retired, sitting in the stand at every game, and god knows what strings he is pulling behind the scenes.

There is no way he could be doing all that if Utd had given the job to Jose. (I fail to understand why he wasn't given the job) He would not be stepping out of Fergies shadow, but rather he would be casting the shadow!

Fergie wanted a puppet he could control and that puppet was Moyes. Unfortunately it has backfired in spectacular fashion (not that I'm complaining) :D.

Fergie can and should be allowed sit in the stands imo, I've no problem with him playing a big part in the club.... I think the camera shots of him in the stand are all about TV dramatics.

He was so involved in the club, you could almost say that he was the club up until last year. If he was told to take a year or two off, things may have been worse.

The one thing he shouldn't have had a string to pull on imo is that he shouldn't have had a say in the next manager, the other wise heads at the club should have known that that was a bad idea...(maybe Fergie had become so powerful that they couldn't take him out of that process)... But in any job, if you leave a senior person in charge of hiring their replacement you're going to have serious issues a lot of the time.

These people need a lot of characteristics to success that immediately should rule them out of choosing their replacement. Ego being one of the main ones, Fergie's Ego helped create the legacy, egotistical people wouldn't be inclined to hire someone that would do a better job than them, or who they seen as a threat, by their nature.

stevieob wrote: »

I dont think Fergie wanted a puppet, I genuinely think they thought Moyse could handle it.
    He looks lost to me, his tactics after going 3:0 up were park the bus, panic stations. Thats not United. United of old is lets make it 6:0.

I think Ferguson is giving input because its badly needed, the scale of things that Moyes has to deal with now are far beyond his current abilities; ditching the backroom staff and Gill all at the same time was a poor business decision.

I agree with PARLance, cut the chaff and buy some real quality to solidify top 4 next year. Then build from there, united can survive without CL for a year (or two!)

Fergie can and should be allowed sit in the stands imo, I've no problem with him playing a big part in the club.....

of course he does. my point was more aimed at Jose, and with Fergie hanging around (all be it retired), the two of them would clash like crazy, hence why he wasn't given the job.

Think you have it spot on with the Ego thing, Fergie didn't want anyone going in and doing a better job than him :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Dossy

Got new phone on upgrade - Galaxy Note 3

What a weapon of a yoke, so much stuff in it, makes my iphone feel like an old age pensioner's phone :D

Iphone is getting the boot to Adverts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

all i can say is Roll on saturday night and the clock change!!! Evening Golf coming back with a bang, wont get dark till 8pm on sunday night, anyone for a bit of evening golf:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

dar_cool wrote: »
    all i can say is Roll on saturday night and the clock change!!! Evening Golf coming back with a bang, wont get dark till 8pm on sunday night, anyone for a bit of evening golf:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

erm, off topic fail?

John Terry you little beauty. I owe you a pint :)

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Danny dyers double

Great day for Liverpool without kicking a ball but they have to make it count by winning tomorrow . Can't see past City winning it myself but as a Celtic fan with no interest in any English club I'd love to see Liverpool win it .

• Registered Users Posts: 20,823 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Lads this is now getting a bit too serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Macker1

Lads this is now getting a bit too serious.

Shivers down my spine......:D:D:D:D

Macker1 wrote: »

Hairs on the back of my neck:D

Macker1 wrote: »

Shivers of another kind.... Might have to start shouting on Jose lads... Or even the neighbours.

It'll never happen. Please god.

Rodgers will blow it and lose the plot Keegan style :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

F you parlance. F you......

Kidding. Hugs

• Advertisement

When I first watched Rodgers , I was thinking is this him - it was that fly on the wall doc on Setanta.

Now he is class and can say no wrong. :D

This man is now in fact Moyes.

Shivers of another kind.... Might have to start shouting on Jose lads... Or even the neighbours.

It'll never happen. Please god.

Rodgers will blow it and lose the plot Keegan style :)

I seriously doubt that.

But I do thunk it's city's to loose, Liverpool will be no more than runners up:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

United are going to win the league lads

Honestly being waiting for their downfall for about 6 months.

I think they will have a bump - but the strange thing is everybody else is having them.

The one thing - is - even if City and Chelsea should take pool. Would anybody like to play pool in Anfield. The ****ers never stop running at you.

Sorry for bad footage.

But watch them here. Don't care what team come at you - if pool stay doing that - hard for opposition

The car washes of Ireland are gonna be busy today... woke up to half a bunker of sand covering both cars.... 2 days after getting them waxed :mad:

Bloody sirocco, back to Africa with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

bahahahahahahahahahah.

Liverpool just need to play like that for rest of season.

Very hard for anybody to go there.

Kate Bush back in concert
    Cold War Back On
    Pool on Top
    All we need is Wacko to come back from the dead like in Thriller.

Since this thread has become a Liverpool celebration party can we have somewhere for us United fans to hug, console and regroup?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

the lawman wrote: »
    Since this thread has become a Liverpool celebration party can we have somewhere for us United fans to hug, console and regroup?

*hugs lawman while weeping*

• Advertisement

ForeRight wrote: »
    *hugs lawman while weeping*

*while watching the Class of 92 DVD*

Advertisement