Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 18 Match Day Thread.........

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

46 (-4)...not great to say the least, begovic 10 and mertasacker 9 left on the bench, my last minute captain switch from silva to cazorla also cost me 5 points.

baines is gone after the wigan game stephens day, woulda done it today only for i want shot of mc cauley.

(i'm really hoping that baines is a closet bordsie and reads my above statement and it gives him the incentive to get me a c.s and a goal or an assist v wigan)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

53 points so won't complain. Frustratingly had Sess (9) and Cuellar (6) on the bench though. Out of the cup too.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

67pts and through to the next round of the cup. Giving Silva the captaincy ahead of RVP worked out for me.

Have had a good score in the last 5 gameweeks, 50+ each week.

Went from around 160,000 in the world to inside the top 45,000 in the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭JPA

64 and into the top 5000.

Delighted with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Next round will be a toughie though.

But isn't the cup done on a week by week basis rather than accumulated points?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

62, happy enough with that considering I forgot to take out Fellaini and Rafael with Routledge and Garrido coming in with 3 points between them. Won my cup game too.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

J o e wrote: »
    But isn't the cup done on a week by week basis rather than accumulated points?

I just meant for me with these Christmas fixtures. I'm not sure how many of my players will be involved. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

46 for the week, made a few mistakes by captaining Aguero and leaving Shawcross and Mignolet on the bench. Surprised the average is 52, thought it would be a bit lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

60 (68 - 8 point hit). Out of the cup 60-65 with Cuellar on the bench. If I had stuck Cuellar as first sub instead of 1 point Kacaniklic I would be sorted. (If I hadn't taken the 8 point hit I would be sitting on 66 points irrespective of Cuellar). Out of the cup.

Up to 400k in the world. Not bad considering I was 1,024,272 position on GW 13. Gained 600K places in 5 weeks. :D

Also, couldn't care about the cup as I got 4 jammy bets come good. :D:D

Next GW am going for RVP 2+ goals, Benteke anytime goal and a Baines anytime goal. (as usually happens after a successful weeek, not one of em are going to happen)

Edit: And strangely enough, every time chelsea play paddy power give odds on Ivanovic to score a header. Not seen that with any other player.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,145 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

59 with no Chelsea players. that'll do.

into the top 100 worldwide again.

into the next round of the cup too.

a bit worried for the festive period, but sure everyone is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

I'm 200 something inthe world and I get put out of the cup to someone 1.5 mil in the world :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

70 with bonuses - with only ten players due to injuries. Still in the cup, opponent scored 66, and had RVP as captain. If RVP scored i would be out...
    Very good results for me in last two gameweeks, hope it stays the same over next weeks.
    BTW Couldn't watch Chelsea game after 1st half - Aston Villa was worse than Rooney today. Terrible performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

Pissed that Suarez got 2 bps instead of Downing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

jolim24601 wrote: »
    Pissed that Suarez got 2 bps instead of Downing.

You wouldn't say that if you captained Suarez...
    But, to be honest, i don't understand how the points are calculated. Well, i do understand, but these points sometimes go to the wrong players, or not to the ones who worked really hard for result. I accept them as it is, and try not to think to much about who deserved more points etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

sh*tty week. if i'd kept the armband on suarez instead of changing it to caz last minute, played shawcross, played my other keeper, i'd be on 60pts for the week (incl -4 hit), instead i'm on 45. out of the poxy cup to boot. i'll bet anyone on here i have more points on the bench so far this season. doin my f***in head in at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

is there any significance to this cup, other than bragging rights?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

198 my total bench points thus far :p

still, somehow managed to stay in the top 50k overall, and that includes captain failage for the last 7 weeks running, suppose i'm doing some things right... can't wait for the wild card mind you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

jolim24601 wrote: »
    is there any significance to this cup, other than bragging rights?

The same significance as the overall league. Bragging rights.

As with all comps, the league is endurance whilst the cup is the ability to get the best of opponents 1 match at a time.

In a cup you only have to beat the person youre against. But in the league youre against everyone else.

That said,, Im out of the cup and too far back in the overall league that I'm a top 10 team at best. :D

Edit: Top 10 as in top half of the table

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

I don't think you could even brag about winning in the cup to be fair. At least with the league you have to be actually playing the game to do well. Always going to be freak scores from inactive/crap teams every week in the cup knocking out good players who are a million places higher than them in the overall. Nothing much you can do tactically to change that. It's just something extra to look at each week until you eventually get knocked out by some girl with Joe Hart as captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Devia wrote: »
    I don't think you could even brag about winning in the cup to be fair. At least with the league you have to be actually playing the game to do well. Always going to be freak scores from inactive/crap teams every week in the cup knocking out good players who are a million places higher than them in the overall. Nothing much you can do tactically to change that. It's just something extra to look at each week until you eventually get knocked out by some girl with Joe Hart as captain.

I think it's safe to say that you have to be playing the game well to go and win the cup. Luck can only bring you so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,145 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

wonski wrote: »

You wouldn't say that if you captained Suarez...
    But, to be honest, i don't understand how the points are calculated. Well, i do understand, but these points sometimes go to the wrong players, or not to the ones who worked really hard for result. I accept them as it is, and try not to think to much about who deserved more points etc.

There'll be weeks you benefit from the flawed BP system too, so no point thinking too much about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Yesterday I finally made it to the top of a private league I'm on, with a 1 point advantage. Log on today and see this;

bonuspoints.gif

:eek: Mertesacker's 3 bonus points gone - why's this? Back down to second place now. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

J o e wrote: »
    Yesterday I finally made it to the top of a private league I'm on, with a 1 point advantage. Log on today and see this;

bonuspoints.gif

:eek: Mertesacker's 3 bonus points gone - why's this? Back down to second place now. :o

Exact same thing happened me,went from 1 ahead to 2 behind. I'd been chasing thw fecker for ages and gave him a good slagging when i finally passed him. Egg splattered all over my hungover face this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

It's a joke how frequently the bonus points are miscalculated and changed after the GW is finished.

It's a joke how frequently the bonus points are miscalculated and changed after the GW is finished.

shambles!! the game/bonus points was much better before last season. i could usually guess exactly got 3, 2 & 1 after watching a match, now i wouldn't have a clue, unless there's an obvious one with someone scoring 2 or 3.
    before they used to go up an our after the last match of the day finished, now you might be waiting 24 hours and even then they might come back and change points for a match that had been finished 27 or 28 hours when they put the bonus points up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I think it's great. And even better that they're willing to change them based on further info.

They're using 3rd party info so it's not them that are making the mistakes.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I think it's great. And even better that they're willing to change them based on further info.

They're using 3rd party info so it's not them that are making the mistakes.

i disagree, using stats rather than common sense, defoe scored 2 earlier in the season but because he had some shots off target got no bonus points. bonus points should go to the people who contributed to the outcome of a match the most, defoe clearly did. stats can be deceiving.

also, why have they not got them right when a match had finished 27 or 28 hours beforehand? didn't effect me as i had mertesacker on the bench but people have dropped places/been knocked out of the cup due to their incompetence again.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

My pet hate is whingeing about the bonus points.

Some weeks they **** ya over. Others you'll be delighted with them. IMO it all works itself out over the course of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Lemlin wrote: »
    My pet hate is whingeing about the bonus points.

Some weeks they **** ya over. Others you'll be delighted with them. IMO it all works itself out over the course of the season.

I've given up complaining about the BP system, it's a pointless exercise. But the miscalculations of the PPI and subsequent shifting of points after the GW has finished is a legitimate grievance IMO, and extremely frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

What annoys me about the bonus points is that if you watch a game it is very rarely the players who play best who get them, some clown with a jammy assist ricocheting of his arse is likely to pick them up ahead of a centre half who has kept his team in a game but conceded a goal which had nothing to do with him.

Advertisement