Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well this apocalypse sucked.

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Barr125 wrote: »
    Anyway, the next round of apocalypses are 19 May 2013, courtesy of Ronald Weinland, 2020 from Jean Dixon and then 2129 by Said Nursi.
    Was out having dinner with a friend a few years back, and her non-native mum sat opposite and regaled me at high-pitch, high-speed and with stupefying tedium about some impending apocalypse which she'd learned about from the guru who'd invested a great deal of time travelling about her highly-strung country, banging on about it, collecting money etc. Can't remember what his name was, but when she eventually stopped to draw breath after boring everybody unconscious, the following conversation ensued:

Me: When did this guru had first produce his doomsday-warning?
    Her: Oh, 1998.
    Me: And the apocalypse is in 2013?
    Her: Good heavens, yes, how do you know?
    Me: They always pick fifteen years. No idea why. Think it's close enough to worry people, but far enough away that there's enough time to become really rich.

Probably should have kept my mouth shut, but there you go. I suppose it must have been Mr Weinland.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,550 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    No whey?!
    it's truly incurdible.

Advertisement