Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well this apocalypse sucked.

Options
  • 21-12-2012 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭

The end of the world just isn't what it used to be. Even the internet isn't going loopy trying to explain why they're still here. When's the next doomsday/rapture? It might prove more interesting.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Sarky wrote: »
    The end of the world just isn't what it used to be. Even the internet isn't going loopy trying to explain why they're still here. When's the next doomsday/rapture? It might prove more interesting.

You were betting on Shub-Niggurath, weren't ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I dunno, it's not over yet.

What bout those time zones that GMT -6/7/8. There's plenty of time for people in those time zones to press the big red button.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭doctoremma

When's the next doomsday/rapture? It might prove more interesting.
    My Dairy Diary finishes on January 6th 2013. Perhaps it's then?

• Site Banned Posts: 180 ✭✭Sertus

I've lived through at least 10 worldwide end of the worlds at this stage.
    When's the next one ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

481455_523312787692364_162619341_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

233554.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

doctoremma wrote: »
    My Dairy Diary finishes on January 6th 2013. Perhaps it's then?
    No whey?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Nodin wrote: »
    You were betting on Shub-Niggurath, weren't ye?

Always bet on Black (Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Guess I shouldn't of sold all my stuff.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The Rapture has come and gone, folks. We've all been left behind...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

The Rapture has come and gone, folks. We've all been left behind...

Damn! So who do you reckon the Tribulation Saints will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

where's my Goddamn spaceship!!!?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

They've always sucked. They'll always suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Zillah wrote: »
    They've always sucked. They'll always suck.

And should there ever actually happen to be one, at least we'll be surprised!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,114 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I kept trying to tell people, the Mayans werent saying "Beware the apocalypse!"
    it was "beware Alpacca lips!"
    those guys bite like a mother!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Guess I shouldn't of sold all my stuff.
    If you really believed you would have given it away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Maybe the Mayans did not account for leap years?

Perhaps, there is time yet?

Putting on MIB sunglasses...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

It could be that the world did end and a new one took it's place.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

FISMA wrote: »

As far as I know, they counted days. So 29th Februarys would still be counted. Still bs

The apocalypse didn't want us :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,849 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I'm still waiting on Third Impact. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151575975818356&set=a.70822943355.98034.685068355&type=1&relevant_count=1

Damn. Getting really rubbish at putting up pictures and youtube vids. Must relearn when head cold stops interfering with my thought processing. Picture is funny tho :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Survivalist Hitler; "Maybe those Mayans weren't so smart after all"

(I never tire of Downfall parodies)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,126 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Obliq wrote: »
    Damn. Getting really rubbish at putting up pictures and youtube vids. Must relearn when head cold stops interfering with my thought processing. Picture is funny tho :-)

IMHO the easiest way is to just type in the tags manually

[noparse]This is a link <-- How to embed a link

[img]http://flickr_or_whatever.com/myimage.jpg[/img] <--How to embed a picture

[/noparse] <-- How to embed a YouTube video

If you have a picture on your PC's hard drive that's not hosted anywhere, you can upload it to imageshack, flickr, or similar and then use the URL of the image within the [noparse][img][/img][/noparse] tags.
    Or you can attach it to the post, preview your post, copy the URL of the attachment from your previewed post, paste it into your post between [noparse][img][/img][/noparse] tags, and then submit. Simples :)

(I figured out how to do this from looking at Robin's posts, he does it all the time and it's less hassle than uploading to imageshack etc. ;) )

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Ah ha! Thanks ninja - you're a star. I was leaving out the / in the last brackets. Couldn't think why it wasn't working cos someone taught me before (*coughs* - maybe you did?!) and I managed it then. I'm copying your post so I'll have it to hand next time I forget! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Of course, belief that the apocalypse happened is dependant on God deciding what your belief quotient for an apocalypse will be. So if you're satisfied that the world has ended, then obviously it did :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Barr125

FISMA wrote: »

Putting on MIB sunglasses...:cool:

Actually, because the Mayans didn't have leap years (which were introduced by Caesar in 45 BC), by their calender, the world should have technically ended some time last year. So yeah. :P

Anyway, the next round of apocalypses are 19 May 2013, courtesy of Ronald Weinland, 2020 from Jean Dixon and then 2129 by Said Nursi.

Personally, I'm taking the safe bet on the world ending in the year 5,000,000,000 when the sun explodes. Because......you know, science?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Barr125 wrote: »
    Actually, because the Mayans didn't have leap years (which were introduced by Caesar in 45 BC), by their calender, the world should have technically ended some time last year. So yeah. :P

Anyway, the next round of apocalypses are 19 May 2013, courtesy of Ronald Weinland, 2020 from Jean Dixon and then 2129 by Said Nursi.

Personally, I'm taking the safe bet on the world ending in the year 5,000,000,000 when the sun explodes. Because......you know, science?

:pac:
    There's also 2060 as "predicted" by Isaac Newton.

Of course in reality he said that the apocalypse couldn't happen before 2060 as per his study of the bible. But shrewd book writers will be able to take that vague connection to a famous, known name and make a few bucks out of it.

Supported by the bible and a famous science guy? This one must be the real deal...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

The Sun is too small to explode. It will turn into a Red Giant and incinerate the planet. Where's your fancy science now, eh?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

They counted in days not years, so leap years would still get counted anyways :confused:

It was like say 140,000 days left. And modern scientists converted that to the Georgian calendar.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

The end of the world was much better when I was a young un. We had proper summers too. :mad:

Advertisement