Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fat acceptance?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Ooh another 'let's ridicule the fatties' thread! Great.

Now could you please take down those disgusting pictures of the non-human beasts and post up some nice ones of 6' tall women with emaciated faces, non-existent breasts and plenty of bones jutting out through their skin instead please?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Now could you please take down those disgusting pictures of the non-human beasts and post up some nice ones of 6' tall women with emaciated faces, non-existent breasts and plenty of bones jutting out through their skin instead please?

there is a happy medium

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Yeah, because It's clearly one or the other...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Just goes to show, there's always someone willing to defend the indefensible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

nocoverart wrote: »
    I'd tap it :eek:

Pick a flap and fûck?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

You've got some sick fetishes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

That link was my apocolypse!

there is a happy medium

Absolutely. In a perfect world, everyone would be a healthy weight.

However, I've yet to see a thread created simply to ridicule and make jokes at the expense of size 0 women, who are also promoting an unhealthy ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

• Advertisement

However, I've yet to see a thread created simply to ridicule and make jokes at the expense of size 0 women, who are also promoting an unhealthy ideal.

I find both ends of the scale disgusting

juan.kerr wrote: »
    Just goes to show, there's always someone willing to defend the indefensible.

Not defending anything and this thread also goes to show there's always people who never get tired of sniggering at the same tired old targets of derision.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,624 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Id open it no problem, Why dont you ?

People are different but when you go to extremes (either end of that spectrum) its not right and its indefensible to allow people to believe it to be 'ok' or to lead a normal life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

i hesitated before going onto that link.....i should have hesitated longer FFS :mad:

I find both ends of the scale disgusting

Ditto. I used to be very skinny, then got very fat. NOw I'm not skinny but I'm not fat either, very happy with my weight now and feel sexier than when I was skinny.

Too skinny is worse in my eyes, It's vile. Especially the emaciated face...

That has no bearing on this. None. Two separate health issues. Go make a thread yourself on size 0 women if you like (it's not difficult).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

There's a recent trend in hollywood movies to make fat people the fun lovable characters. Especially in women's movies like Bridesmaids and Pitch Perfect.

smash wrote: »
    There's a recent trend in hollywood movies to make fat people the fun lovable characters. Especially in women's movies like Bridesmaids and Pitch Perfect.

And shallow Hal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

these people aren't fat they are dangerously obese, the point of the thread is that we shouldn't encourage it or condon it as it sets a bad example not to poke fun.

if it had of been the opposite way around and it was anorexics posing and an acceptance of skinny (dangerously under weight) gallery it would get the same reaction i reckon

Ditto. I used to be very skinny, then got very fat. NOw I'm not skinny but I'm not fat either, very happy with my weight now and feel sexier than when I was skinny.

Too skinny is worse in my eyes, It's vile. Especially the emaciated face...

So this is why you hate cuddles? You associate cuddles with being over weight

/Dr Panda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I dont get it. Is this guy trying to take the credit for.inventing bbw nudey pics?

So this is why you hate cuddles? You associate cuddles with being over weight

/Dr Panda

I associate cuddles with feelings and I don't like people knowing I Have those...

Why didn't my daddy love me Mr panda?!

Shryke wrote: »
    That has no bearing on this. None. Two separate health issues. Go make a thread yourself on size 0 women if you like (it's not difficult).

Nah, you're alright thanks. I have no interest in starting a thread ridiculing the way anyone looks.

Just pointing put how one extreme is constantly ridiculed, whilst the other extreme is pretty much accepted is all.

I associate cuddles with feelings and I don't like people knowing I Have those...

Why didn't my daddy love me Mr panda?!

Because you were a bold child

Nah, you're alright thanks. I have no interest in starting a thread ridiculing the way anyone looks.

Just pointing put how one extreme is constantly ridiculed, whilst the other extreme is pretty much accepted is all.

I have never met anyone who said size 0 was anything else but disgusting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

I have to disagree, if anything people that are extremely under weight is not accepted at all, it gets less fun poked at it probably because the pictures are even more shocking, obesity or anorexics is a disorder, under weight or 'fatties' is a world apart from this guys message/gallery is about

Bullsh*t....
    You often see magazines banging on about dangerously under weight certain celebrities are. Nicole Ritchie, Victoria Beckham, Mary Kate olsen, lindsey lohan, mischa barton...

It's JUST as unacceptable in the publics eyes. We don't want to see size 0 runway models. Huge campaigns, 0 is not a size etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

I have never met anyone who said size 0 was anything else but disgusting

You have lived a very sheltered life then. I'm surprised anyone is trying to argue that people (overall, not just individuals on here) are equally disgusted by morbid obeseness and size 0 models

I personally find both disgustingly unhealthy and I'm sure a lot of posters on here will say the same. But you can't deny that it is more popular to bash the fatties than the skinny models :rolleyes:

Ya, I just don't believe for a second anorexia is accepted. There's a difference between being slim and being starved, I don't know anyone that would adore a skeleton. I've been with friends and we have commented on extremely skinny people saying they don't look well.
    I think the views in this thread show that that's the case in general. I don't know what your experience is but I don't believe the attitude you're alluding to exists much outside of media and fashion. It certainly doesn't in my world.
    As I say, if you want to start a thread on anorexia, and I don't mean to ridicule but to gauge people's thoughts, you might see a different view to the one you think.

• Advertisement

davet82 wrote: »
    these people aren't fat they are dangerously obese, the point of the thread is that we shouldn't encourage it or condon it as it sets a bad example not to poke fun.

if it had of been the opposite way around and it was anorexics posing and an acceptance of skinny (dangerously under weight) gallery it would get the same reaction i reckon

I agree the women pictured are on the extreme end of the scale and it's not healthy. Not sure the photographer was trying to suggest it was healthy, just a different angle on the sorts of pictures of women you usually see in the mainstream.

Also, I'm sure you're right that no-one would say anorexics were healthy either, but there'd be less of a jokey vibe about it for sure.

It's a moot point anyway, as you'll never really see the same type of thread posted up about skinny people, 'cos they just ain't as 'funny'.

Advertisement