Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most painful thing you've done?

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

As a pair of shorts wearing summer loving child, I was ill-advisedly using a length of 2" by 1" to pole-vault a random hollow in the ground next to our house.

It snapped as I was on the way up. Punctured sack on way down. Purple balls. Not a good look.

It probably wasnt the most physically painful thing ive experienced, ive fallen from high up on ladders, torn my ankle ligaments,high speed crashes, even illness from carbon monoxide poisoning, root canal was nasty McAdams but no memory brings tears to the eyes more so than splitting the old nut-sack with a pilfered piece of construction grade pine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭rambutman

Lost the old foreskin in a local clinic in the arse end of indonesia back in 2003 - jeesis that was rough as was the following months recovery, with the old boy stitched up praying you wouldn't get a hard on or wake up with the morning wood.......baitin the flies off ya all day dealing with the heat.............real character building stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,129 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

rambutman wrote: »
    Lost the old foreskin in a local clinic in the arse end of indonesia back in 2003 - jeesis that was rough as was the following months recovery, with the old boy stitched up praying you wouldn't get a hard on or wake up with the morning wood.......baitin the flies off ya all day dealing with the heat.............real character building stuff.

Is that how you got the name RamBut?

Grayson wrote: »
    Is that how you got the name RamBut?

good one........but rambut is indonesian for hairy - i not far off ape-like in that respect :)

Ouch! Always thought it would be painful but that recovery time is simply obnoxious. Ouch again! A conversion to help aid marriage to a local perchance?

• Advertisement

darlett wrote: »
    Ouch! Always thought it would be painful but that recovery time is simply obnoxious. Ouch again! A conversion to help aid marriage to a local perchance?

Yep - bang on the money!!! They'll tell you its going to be easy (they don't tell you about the implications of apostasy either at the time!!!), in reality its not........apparently these days much easier with lazer treatment

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Contract/develop pericarditis

An infection of the membrane around the heart.

at it most pain full, moving when asleep, yawning, deep breaths, even walking(vibration up through my body affected it) felt like getting stabbed in the chest by a huge needle ...

On a scale of 1 to 10.... All i can say is i wouldnt wish it on my worst eneny, more than once i sat in the cardiologists rooms with tears in my eyes from the pain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Had two bain maries of curry sauce at 170 degrees, two bain maries of taco meat in greasy sauce at the same temp and the boiling water in the bain marie holders all fall on top of me in work one day in my last job. That was feckin' agonizing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Cd_doe

I know a lad who tore his banjo string... Sounds pretty painful

Yep - bang on the money!!! They'll tell you its going to be easy (they don't tell you about the implications of apostasy either at the time!!!), in reality its not........apparently these days much easier with lazer treatment

Well I hope the reason for the pain outlives the sacrifice itself! :D Currently in a relationship with an indonesian myself-fortunately for the future of the ol twinky winky if nothing else shes a christian so that's a bridge I wont have to cross. You, Sir, are a braver man!

• Advertisement

Well I hope the reason for the pain outlives the sacrifice itself! :D Currently in a relationship with an indonesian myself-fortunately for the future of the ol twinky winky if nothing else shes a christian so that's a bridge I wont have to cross. You, Sir, are a braver man!

It didn't - we're not together and marrying across religions has its own implications.........ie. what happens when you're kids come to that age and you don't agree with circumcision or the rituals of the other religions...........but i've seen it work as many times as it hasn't..........but i wouldn't let that put anyone off - every situation is different...............your missus Javan then or from somewhere like Toba?

As for the braver than me comment - i remember on more than 1 occasion getting the "what have you done for me" argument and i was like........."jeesis do you have to ask - i got my todger butchered"

Do you live in Ireland - theres an indoirish society that do lots of events that might be worth looking up :)

It didn't - we're not together and marrying across religions has its own implications.........ie. what happens when you're kids come to that age and you don't agree with circumcision or the rituals of the other religions...........but i've seen it work as many times as it hasn't..........but i wouldn't let that put anyone off - every situation is different...............your missus Javan then or from somewhere like Toba?

As for the braver than me comment - i remember on more than 1 occasion getting the "what have you done for me" argument and i was like........."jeesis do you have to ask - i got my todger butchered"

Do you live in Ireland - theres an indoirish society that do lots of events that might be worth looking up :)

Well thats too bad-but nothing adventured, nothing gained. Shes a Jakaratan of chinese descent about to move to Singapore, Im currently living in Ireland in the last throes of a teaching course which I hope will open up options galore-who knows. Either way-looking forward to the summer holidays. LDR-ing it aint no fun. Must look up the IndoIrish network, I have checked before but keep just turning into deadends and defunct websites. Once things before it would be a help were we to end up here to have bahasa speakers for her

Well thats too bad-but nothing adventured, nothing gained. Shes a Jakaratan of chinese descent about to move to Singapore, Im currently living in Ireland in the last throes of a teaching course which I hope will open up options galore-who knows. Either way-looking forward to the summer holidays. LDR-ing it aint no fun. Must look up the IndoIrish network, I have checked before but keep just turning into deadends and defunct websites. Once things before it would be a help were we to end up here to have bahasa speakers for her

will PM you further details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭AndyMc

Jesus its hard measuring up to some of the stories in this thread. I have about three worth telling but im only 17 so theres still time.

At three we have getting my braces. The ones for your teeth. Now some people are bound to be thinking that i'm just a wuss but im telling you that my teeth were bad. I was seen to by the head orthodontist at my practice. As a backstory my mouth was in an awful state. The crowding was unbelievable. Something you would expect in Chernobyl or an Aliens movie. The roof of my mouth was a very acute V-shape. The first week of my braces was just never ending pain. I had my nails on my wire more than once on the brink of trying to pull them off.

At two we have falling in broken glass. I was about 7 and me and another lad from my area were messing about. We found an old pushcart with a missing wheel and were pushing each other about trying to go as fast as possible. Big mistake. I was in the chair and he hit a ridge in the concrete and I came flying out. Into a pile of broken glass where they used to throw the empty bottles. A shard of glass lodged in my arm and began bleeding but by far the worst part was the fact that I was lying on the glass and had to pull myself up. IT WAS LIKE SOMETHING FROM SAW! The memory of lying in the glass has stuck vividly.

And at one we have.... a plug story. Not your standard "I stood on a plug" story. Oh no. I went a step further. One Sunday morning when I was 4 we we're getting ready for mass naturally. I was jumping on my parents bed as they were getting ready. My father was tying his shoes and my mam had finished drying her hair and had unplugged the hairdryer... I got the bright idea to jump up on my fathers shoulders. As I did he ducked to tie his other lace and I, mid jump by this stage, went clean over his head and onto the floor and the plug. Was wearing shorts. Planted itself perfectly in my knee. I remember searing pain, my mam pulling it out, being carried up to the kitchen and my mam cleaning alot of blood trying to calm me down.
    Didn't have to go to mass though so that was a plus. Didn't try it again though. Don't recommend. Left a unique scar with a unique story though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I get abscesses in my glands which slowly and agonisingly painfully tear their way out. With the really bad ones I used to go to A&E when we lived in the UK to have them dealt with surgically. After surgery they would have to be packed, which involved a nurse slowly and carefully using a tweezers to pack a raw deep wound with dressings. That would have to be done for several weeks.

The last one I had in England was EVIL. The nurses who did the first dressing change told me that I'd need a nerve block and went to locate the surgeon who'd performed the surgery, he sent back the message that he was too busy and told them to do the packing without the pain relief. Before they started they apologised to me for what was going to happen. After the best part of 30 years with this disease I have a fairly high pain tolerance. This was unreal though.

I have never screamed so much in my entire life. The other women in the ward told me that they felt sick to their stomachs at the screams. It was so bad that the nurses lodged a formal complaint about the surgeon. They were sickened by it themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Kneed a girl in the vag with force by accident whilst energetically changing position..

Or do you mean to myself specifically? Because I suffered repercussions also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭Peter The Pedo

Oh I've done many a painful deed in my time... As for something painful happening to me, probably yesterday when I stubbed my toe on the stairs, ouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life

Had my colon removed

• Registered Users Posts: 16,129 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Cd_doe wrote: »
    I know a lad who tore his banjo string... Sounds pretty painful

ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭con___manx1

Kold wrote: »
    Kneed a girl in the vag with force by accident whilst energetically changing position..

Or do you mean to myself specifically? Because I suffered repercussions also.

i elbowed a girl in the head once doing the exact same lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Jacks Smirking Revenge

Breaking my wrist and then accidentally snapping it back into place before going into A&E

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

dislocated my kneecap :( 9 weeks in a brace. pain was horrible when i done it and then the few weeks in the brace i had a lot of leg pain at night. turns out my kneecap has settled above where it should. i have a big dent in my knee where the kneecap should be :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I stood on a really large piece of Lego. I cried till my mammy kissed it better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Wasn't me but my sister got a screwdriver stuck in her leg. that was painful just looking at it!
    Myself and my cousin decided to do some hedge jumping after a long night in the pub. I jumped this one hedge but there was a massive rose bush on the other side :( I was stuck and before I could even think about moving my cousin came over the hedge on top of me.
    Was driving a quad around a bend to fast and ended up in a hawthorn tree, twisted my ankle and broke a bone in my wrist.

Advertisement