Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 18 Captain

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Santi101 wrote: »
    I'd opt for Aguero over Tevez for tomorrow tbh. Its been a stop start season for him but I do feel he's a better goalscorer than Tevez. Anyway, I'd say it's a no-brainer to pick a City striker as captain. I dont have either right now so i'm choosing between:

RVP
    Suarez
    Defoe
    Silva
    Cazorla
    Michu

Silva isnt usually a massive scorer, i prefer picking strikers who have the potential to do serious damage. Usually when i'm in two minds I just go with RVP.

But my gut feeling now is Suarez tbh! Fulham looked awful last week at QPR and bar the odd away game, thats how they tend to be.

I'm torn between Tevez & RVP, as things go in Manciniland,rotation is a problem so I think I'll stick with RVP.

Oh & Berbatov to get a hattrick at Anfield;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Giroud – Wigan (A)
    Cazorla for me. If Arsenal start with the same line up as against Reading, he could have a field day again against an injury hit Wigan side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Tbh I wouldnt even have to think if I had Aguero/Tevez, absolute no-brainer to captain them this weekend.

Think Mancini will start both.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Tbh I wouldnt even have to think if I had Aguero/Tevez, absolute no-brainer to captain them this weekend.

Think Mancini will start both.

Mancini said that Balotelli will get another chance,wonder if it's this weekend? Although I've a feeling he might go with Tevez & Aguero,they are his most effective strike force.

I'd be surprised if Mancini changed the attack tomorrow, there will surely be rotation by most sides over the Xmas games but I dont see much tomorrow by City, United, Arsenal etc. And City do have a few away games coming up which might require a different option like Dzeko in attack perhaps. Could be wrong.

Reading are so bad Mancini could probably play 3 of his 4 strikers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭amber69

I'd be surprised if Mancini changed the attack tomorrow, there will surely be rotation by most sides over the Xmas games but I dont see much tomorrow by City, United, Arsenal etc. And City do have a few away games coming up which might require a different option like Dzeko in attack perhaps. Could be wrong.

Reading are so bad Mancini could probably play 3 of his 4 strikers.
    Bolloxatelli is out. Confirms my decision to put the armband on tevez

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Berbatov – Liverpool (A)
    tempted to swich it to santi, tis the season an all that. and wigan are decimated in defense as mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Going with Silva. RVP (vice-captain)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Van Persie – Swansea (A)
    Aguero, I can see him banging in a hattrick tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Tevez is guaranteed a big points haul this weekend. Captaining him will make or break your Christmas ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Tevez – Reading (H)
    I captained Ya Ya Tuore this week. And I have Santi And Ba on my team!

Pity I didn't Captain Santi last week! I captained Anthony Pilkington,

Still worked out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Rooney – Swansea (A)
    I had my captaincy set on Tevez all week but knowing how Mancini operates, I've decided to go for RVP at the last moment. *sigh*

I had my captaincy set on Tevez all week but knowing how Mancini operates, I've decided to go for RVP at the last moment. *sigh*
    Ballotelli out Tevez should start. Doesn't mean that RVP won't be the correct choice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Rooney – Swansea (A)
    amber69 wrote: »
    Ballotelli out Tevez should start. Doesn't mean that RVP won't be the correct choice
    If Tevez starts, he has to run riot......right?!?

No matter what choice I make, it will be the wrong one. :p

If Tevez starts, he has to run riot......right?!?

No matter what choice I make, it will be the wrong one. :p
    You could say city ran riot last week without Tevez scoring but he could have had a hatfull

• Registered Users Posts: 48,150 ✭✭✭✭km79

I've had it on silva since I bought him early in the week......I'm beginning to get twitchy :D I've an awful feeling reading will be a hell of a lot more stubborn than we all expect.
    My default captain has been RVP.....other 2 strikers are Ba and Suarez

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

you're always best to go with your gut.

mine says Silva for some reason, so I'm sticking to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Aguero – Reading (H)
    SlickRic wrote: »
    you're always best to go with your gut.

mine says Silva for some reason, so I'm sticking to it.

Agreed,mine has been Tevez all week and even though the RVP jitters are starting to hit i am going to keep it on Tevez..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

RVP, then Tevez for a few days, then Silva, now Tevez, prompted by the probably false belief that with Balo out, Tevez may get penalties.

Berbatov – Liverpool (A)
    dahat wrote: »

Agreed,mine has been Tevez all week and even though the RVP jitters are starting to hit i am going to keep it on Tevez..

jitters? you must be tempted so...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Tevez – Reading (H)
    i have captain yaya! those of you with yaya have 30 minutes to change your captaincy. He's gonna have a stinker!

Berbatov – Liverpool (A)
    geting the last minute jitters myself to change it to Cazorla (have had it on Suarez all week). Would love to know Wigan/Arsenal lineups

Cazorla will play mate. Walcott apparently starting through the middle again too.

I'm torn between RVP, Suarez, Silva, Cazorla. Dont fancy captaining Santi today tho.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Aguero – Reading (H)
    Went with silva.

Berbatov – Liverpool (A)
    Cazorla will play mate. Walcott apparently starting through the middle again too.

I'm torn between RVP, Suarez, Silva, Cazorla. Dont fancy captaining Santi today tho.

very tempted... arsenal have a v good record v wigan... and santi has come to town. oh, decisions

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Rooney – Swansea (A)
    I had it on RVP until this morning. Have changed it to Tevez now.

Anything I'm touching in this game the last few weeks has turned to **** so those who have chosen Tevez beware!

Berbatov – Liverpool (A)
    feck it. Caz captain. Suarez vice

Went with Silva myself, feck it take a chance!

Berbatov – Liverpool (A)
    like this post if you changed to rvp last minute (curious)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭TheEscapist

Long – Norwich (H)
    Ba! Need a good week to stay in contention. Cazorla killed what was a good week last time out.

Advertisement