Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone having issues with Creavens?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Split

Just another update- Rescue still without food . Have found a new supplier . Some people opened paypal disputes but because Creavens dragged it out so long it looks like they will have to dispute it after he declares bankruptcy . Thanks for all the replies and hope some of you who are missing food get sorted .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Split wrote: »
    Just another update- Rescue still without food . Have found a new supplier . Some people opened paypal disputes but because Creavens dragged it out so long it looks like they will have to dispute it after he declares bankruptcy . Thanks for all the replies and hope some of you who are missing food get sorted .

Oh that's disgraceful though, whatever about anyone being stuck without a bag or two, people donated money in good faith expecting a rescue to get a pallet of food, so does that mean all that money donated for food is gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

their webiste is now closed. sounds like a VERY DODGY company

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

falabo wrote: »
    their webiste is now closed. sounds like a VERY DODGY company

How is going out of business dodgy? Sorry to hear they're gone. Good food for reasonable price. Hope that rescue gets sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Cliona99

That's a terrible shame about the rescue, (and about the business folding if that's what happened).

This might be off topic but can anyone recommend a replacement for Creavens? €40 for 15kg is probably my limit and all the highly rated brands seem to be a lot more expensive. What's the best of a bad lot if I had to go cheap?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

**Vai** wrote: »
    How is going out of business dodgy? Sorry to hear they're gone. Good food for reasonable price. Hope that rescue gets sorted.

I think it's the manner in which they've handled the situation that's annoying most people. Their website simply says that it's been closed down, without any message from the company explaining the situation to their customers. Plus I know from reading this thread that a number of people were repeatedly promised a delivery "tomorrow".

Times are tough for businesses at the moment, but a little honesty and communication would have been nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭doubter

Cliona99 wrote: »
    That's a terrible shame about the rescue, (and about the business folding if that's what happened).

This might be off topic but can anyone recommend a replacement for Creavens? €40 for 15kg is probably my limit and all the highly rated brands seem to be a lot more expensive. What's the best of a bad lot if I had to go cheap?

Thanks!
    I'm feeding Chappie nuts (brilliant) or bluegrass. Both very good. Chappie is 18 euro for 15 kg, bluegrass is 15.50 euro.

I think it's the manner in which they've handled the situation that's annoying most people. Their website simply says that it's been closed down, without any message from the company explaining the situation to their customers. Plus I know from reading this thread that a number of people were repeatedly promised a delivery "tomorrow".

Times are tough for businesses at the moment, but a little honesty and communication would have been nice.

Yes it's exactly this, their lack of basic communication to their customers has just been shocking (and I have personal experience), I wouldn't wish anyone out of business but to be honest, maybe if they'd treated their customers properly they might not have gone out of business, the same thing happened last year with deliverys and they lost a lot of customers because they weren't answering phones, emails, texts, FB posts etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭SMI

Helen1976 wrote: »
    Have you heard back from Creavens?

Sorry Helen, just saw that now.
    Haven't heard anything from them. I opened a paypal dispute an escalated it to a claim after a day.
    In the mean time I had a browse around for some quality food in a similar price bracket.
    I opted for the Purizon Adult Chicken and Fish on zooplus.
    http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dry_dog_food/purizon/adult/315594
    I ordered the Economy Pack: 2 x 13.5 kg and the James Wellbeloved Dog Treats- Saver Pack: Lamb 3 x 90 g.
    By going through Fatcheese and being a first time buyer I got a discount so it came to €97 delivered which isn't bad.
    I might shop around next time as it may not be as cheap. Here's a few other options that caught my eye, in no particular order.
    I'm trying to get my folk's dog a grain free food;

http://www.nuttsaboutpets.ie/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=14

http://www.petconnection.ie/acatalog/Pet_Connection_Salmon___Potato_Dog_Food_15kg.html

http://www.husse.ie/dog-food-products/dry-food-for-dogs/adult-super-premium/?product=102

Ultimately I would be buying a premium higher fat and protein food, either Orijen or Acana, if my folks were comfortable with the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭HiKite

That's a pity, I was just about to switch back to them. They are/were a very small and friendly operation, I met them before when by pure coincidence, I happened across one of their pups for sale and ended ip buying it. Whites went out of business a year ago and Creavins had invested a lot of money on the franchise which as you can imagine, destroyed their own business. I imagine they did what they could to reinvent themselves but from what I fear has happened, it didn't work out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭doubter

HiKite wrote: »
    That's a pity, I was just about to switch back to them. They are/were a very small and friendly operation, I met them before when by pure coincidence, I happened across one of their pups for sale and ended ip buying it. Whites went out of business a year ago and Creavins had invested a lot of money on the franchise which as you can imagine, destroyed their own business. I imagine they did what they could to reinvent themselves but from what I fear has happened, it didn't work out.

uhm..they were selling pups??
    :eek:

doubter wrote: »
    uhm..they were selling pups??
    :eek:

I didn't know that....

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭fathead82

They bred labradors. I stopped buying food off of them a few months ago,their customer service was terrible & the courier never delivered to our house.every time he rang,he said he was gone past the house,could i meet him in the nearest town.

The litter of pups was an accident, gorgeous pups though. Lab/GSD mix. Our one talks back when we chastise her.

Re. the useless courier, that would be out if their hands. I recently used a courier to move an engine and it was messy, despite me babysitting the job with phonecalls. It's just the luck of the draw on the day.

The litter of pups was an accident, gorgeous pups though. Lab/GSD mix. Our one talks back when we chastise her.

Re. the useless courier, that would be out if their hands. I recently used a courier to move an engine and it was messy, despite me babysitting the job with phonecalls. It's just the luck of the draw on the day.

The useless courier was just one thing, they didn't answer calls, texts, emails, FB messages and I mean for weeks at a time, specifically last year just before Christmas, said deliverys were being dispatched and they weren't, I would sometimes get 12kg bags, next time 15kg bags, ingredients list wasn't correct and not once did I get an apology for any of the basic lack of customer service, it was always excuses and moaning about other people moaning about them. To be honest I'm glad I don't have to deal with him anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dto001

I bought a dog off them sold as a purebred and paid the full price but two years on still haven't got the papers so I was told 2 months ago they'd send them out to me looks like I've been had !!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

I was just logging on today to order my dogs Creavens sensitive. Couldn't find the site, started googling thinking I was going mad... then came across this thread. I'm devasted. My dog had terrible ear problems for two years - twice had to have them cleaned out under anaesthetic. I switched him to Creavens sensitive last summer and within 3 weeks its was like I had a new dog. His ears are perfect. I'm so confused now what to order in place for my dog. I've been looking at Husse, Burns and Orijen and to be honest I've no idea which to try or where to go. Any advice greatly appreciated.

I've started using slaney dog food ( www.slaneyperfoods.ie )it works out €56.50 for 2 bags delivered to your door and my dogs have never looked better.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

dto001 wrote: »
    I've started using slaney dog food ( www.slaneyperfoods.ie )it works out €56.50 for 2 bags delivered to your door and my dogs have never looked better.

Thanks - but your link doesn't appear to work.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Helen1976

gragirl wrote: »
    I was just logging on today to order my dogs Creavens sensitive. Couldn't find the site, started googling thinking I was going mad... then came across this thread. I'm devasted. My dog had terrible ear problems for two years - twice had to have them cleaned out under anaesthetic. I switched him to Creavens sensitive last summer and within 3 weeks its was like I had a new dog. His ears are perfect. I'm so confused now what to order in place for my dog. I've been looking at Husse, Burns and Orijen and to be honest I've no idea which to try or where to go. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Get in touch with dogfooddirect.ie - they're on Facebook too - they are very helpful ;)

• Advertisement

Sorry if you google slaney dog food the site should come up

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭acermaple

Cliona99 wrote: »

Thanks!
    This company was recommended by another boardsie on another thread recently, I ordered 2 x 8kg Royal Canin from them last Sat (€42) and a few other treats etc to bring it over €50 for free delivery, got invoice and confirmation with a GLS tracker no on Mon and it arrived on Tues, follow up email Wed to check I was happy, great service. The only drawback that I can see is that the best before dates tend to be a bit short, mine had mid April on them which is fine for me but may not suit everyone. www.munajuree.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

it's www.slaneypetfoodfoods.ie

I've emailed them to ask about the ingredient list for their dry food, will let ye know when they get back to me.

Their acronym for Biologically Appropriate Raw Food (BARF), could have been thought out a bit better :) It looks like they have a good range of products though.
    kylith wrote: »
    it's www.slaneypetfoodfoods.ie

I've emailed them to ask about the ingredient list for their dry food, will let ye know when they get back to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Their acronym for Biologically Appropriate Raw Food (BARF), could have been thought out a bit better :) It looks like they have a good range of products though.

Its not their acronym, its been used worldwide for quite a few years now, not sure who came up with it first, but they could definitely have come up with a better one. :)

Thanks for reminding me of this thread! Slaney Pet Foods did get back to me and the ingredient list for their Beef Bites is
    Fresh beef 25%,
    fresh veg 15%,
    cheese 15%.
    The remainder is made up of
    wheat bread,

I don't really see why the cheese is in there, tbh. The wheat bread would give mine a runny tum anyway, so I won't be getting it, but it doesn't seem to be too bad quality for those on a budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

kylith wrote: »
    Thanks for reminding me of this thread! Slaney Pet Foods did get back to me and the ingredient list for their Beef Bites is
    Fresh beef 25%,
    fresh veg 15%,
    cheese 15%.
    The remainder is made up of
    wheat bread,

I don't really see why the cheese is in there, tbh. The wheat bread would give mine a runny tum anyway, so I won't be getting it, but it doesn't seem to be too bad quality for those on a budget.

Cheese? Wtf? Never seen cheese in dog food before.

Although have to say my dogs love a bit of cheese as a treat now and then!

**Vai** wrote: »
    Cheese? Wtf? Never seen cheese in dog food before.

Those are the ingredients they sent me, so I'm just as confused by it as you are.

• Advertisement
Advertisement