Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas **CASUAL DOCKETS** Payment Dates?

Options
  • 18-12-2012 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

Just wondering does anyone know what the payment dates for the above are?

I got a cheque today for 2 weeks which obviously includes next weeks payment.

Am I correct in thinking that the SW office will be open again on Friday 28th so that cheques can be posted as they normally are on Fridays for receipt on the following Tuesday?

As New Years day is a Tuesday I understand there will be no post but can we expect a cheque on Wed the 2nd of January or Thurs the 3rd of January?

I did call my local SW office but she wasn't really sure, I asked to speak to someone else and got put on hold and eventually gave up.

My query relates directly to those who receive cheques in the post NOT payments collected in the post office for full dole.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭eddiehen

Just wondering does anyone know what the payment dates for the above are?

I got a cheque today for 2 weeks which obviously includes next weeks payment.

Am I correct in thinking that the SW office will be open again on Friday 28th so that cheques can be posted as they normally are on Fridays for receipt on the following Tuesday?

As New Years day is a Tuesday I understand there will be no post but can we expect a cheque on Wed the 2nd of January or Thurs the 3rd of January?

I did call my local SW office but she wasn't really sure, I asked to speak to someone else and got put on hold and eventually gave up.

My query relates directly to those who receive cheques in the post NOT payments collected in the post office for full dole.

The payment this week is for this week and last, and another payment is going on Thursday for next week. The next payment after that will issue the 4th of January, covering the first week of the new year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

eddiehen wrote: »

The payment this week is for this week and last, and another payment is going on Thursday for next week. The next payment after that will issue the 4th of January, covering the first week of the new year.

Thanks, so am I correct in thinking that the payment going out this Thursday for next week should arrive on Monday 24th (Christmas Eve)?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭eddiehen

Thanks, so am I correct in thinking that the payment going out this Thursday for next week should arrive on Monday 24th (Christmas Eve)?

If not Saturday with the Christmas post for some customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

I received my dockets for the next four weeks with a letter stating - Dockets for the weeks ending 17/12 and 24/12 must be in by 12/12. Payments for week wnding 17/12 & 24/12 will issue as a single payment.

The last docket I received was for 17/12, will I receive the docket for 24/12 in the post or should I go to the office and get it. Don't want to miss the payment or deadline date of 12/12.

Also does my employer date them as usual with the advance dates on them ?

Karen23 wrote: »
    I received my dockets for the next four weeks with a letter stating - Dockets for the weeks ending 17/12 and 24/12 must be in by 12/12. Payments for week wnding 17/12 & 24/12 will issue as a single payment.

The last docket I received was for 17/12, will I receive the docket for 24/12 in the post or should I go to the office and get it. Don't want to miss the payment or deadline date of 12/12.

Also does my employer date them as usual with the advance dates on them ?

I'm in the same predicament, not sure either...hopefully someone can shed some light on this.

• Advertisement

If no one replies. I'll pop in and ask while dropping my docket in next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭lukep13

I sorry to hijack the thread. Anyone know what happens to Disability payments/BTEA allowance which is paid to bank account on Wednesdays?!

Last year department was closed on 25th assuming will be closed also, then also closes on the 1st which falls on wednesday also.....I also know there is usually a double payment in early december..Will it be 4 payments? Because of holidays falling on the wednesdays?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cmck

Any word on this? I got one cheque this morning for last week.. It says we'll be paid prior to Christmas but when is that exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

cmck wrote: »
    Any word on this? I got one cheque this morning for last week.. It says we'll be paid prior to Christmas but when is that exactly?

I sent 3 dockets in last week, week ending 10th, 17th and 24th. I got a single payment today. I'm hoping we get them Friday or before, I doubt the PO will be open after that to cash them

Another question when do we send the week ending 31st? Is the SW open over Christmas to process them? I'm thinking about sending it tomorrow just to be safe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

SW offices will be open on the 2nd of jan so hand in your christmas week dockets then. (week ending 31st)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

I rang my local office today. The lady who answered said I will receive a double cheque next Tuesday(xmas eve)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cmck

I sent 3 dockets in last week, week ending 10th, 17th and 24th. I got a single payment today. I'm hoping we get them Friday or before, I doubt the PO will be open after that to cash them

Another question when do we send the week ending 31st? Is the SW open over Christmas to process them? I'm thinking about sending it tomorrow just to be safe

That's exactly it! I only got one payment today! I think it would be the right thing to hand it in tomorrow, it says the 23rd but better to be safe then sorry! If there isn't much of a queue I might just ask inside about the other payments!! I'll let you know how I get on!

I rang my local office today. The lady who answered said I will receive a double cheque next Tuesday(xmas eve)

If this is right, make sure you get to the post office early. The girl there told me today that they are closing at 1pm on Christmas Eve and as there will be no social welfare payments to be made there will not be a lot of money on the premises no they can't guarantee they'll be able to change cheques, especially double ones.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Karen23 wrote: »
    If this is right, make sure you get to the post office early. The girl there told me today that they are closing at 1pm on Christmas Eve and as there will be no social welfare payments to be made there will not be a lot of money on the premises no they can't guarantee they'll be able to change cheques, especially double ones.

I normally don't get my post until 1.30 :(

Yes, it also depends on the postman. Our post didnt arrive 'til after 2pm today. If that happens next week I'll be *****

Same, mine arrived about 1.30 but I wouldn't be up to much Christmas day spending wise though I'm not sure when the PO opens up again

Monday December 23 Normal business hours
    Tuesday December 24 Retail offices close at 1.00 p.m.
    Wednesday December 25 Closed
    Thursday December 26 Closed
    Friday December 27 Closed
    Saturday December 28 Normal business hours
    Sunday December 29 Closed
    Monday December 30 Normal business hours
    Tuesday December 31 Normal business hours
    Wednesday January 1 Closed
    Thursday January 2 Normal business hours

So it'll probably be Saturday :/

It's a pain that they couldn't just send them out in time for the post on Friday 20th, Saturday 21st or Monday 23rd, save people a lot of worry. I'm lucky insofar as my post usually arrives before 11ish but that's not to say it won't arrive late on Christmas Eve.

I've been told by the PO that the cheques will probably arrive Friday or Monday so hopefully everyone will have time to cash them.

• Advertisement

I've been told by the PO that the cheques will probably arrive Friday or Monday so hopefully everyone will have time to cash them.

Fingers crossed so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭irish_bhoy09

im on sick cert.week by week.on tuesday i got a cert for this week and next week.that brings me up to the 31st new years eve.dunno if the doc will be open that day.will the dole office b open?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I handed in my dockets today for the week ending the 17th December.

Since I work part time teaching at the college and that the college will be closing this friday for Christmas. The college will be open in the New Year, not sure what date.

What should I do in relation to handing in dockets? Should I ask the salaries office in the college to sign off and stamp the dockets for the next two weeks?

I won't be teaching over the holiday period.

Thanks

YFlyer wrote: »

Since I work part time teaching at the college and that the college will be closing this friday for Christmas. The college will be open in the New Year, not sure what date.

What should I do in relation to handing in dockets? Should I ask the salaries office in the college to sign off and stamp the dockets for the next two weeks?

Thanks

I got mine signed in work on the 10th for the weeks up until the 31st, work won't be open so there was nothing else I could do. Sent them in on the 10th and haven't heard anything from the SW, as in, no problems with them being signed early

Thank you Princess :)

Did you pencil in no work for all the days on the dockets?

Thank you Princess :)

Did you pencil in no work for all the days on the dockets?

Nope, I get paid from work over Christmas so I put down my usual

Nope, I get paid from work over Christmas so I put down my usual

Lucky you.

I just get paid for the hours I'm tutoring.

Lucky you.

I just get paid for the hours I'm tutoring.

Atleast I was told I was getting paid!!!

Thanks

Not meaning to worry you or anything but just being honest...When I got my dockets a few weeks ago, I got a note with them to say weeks ending 17th and 24th must be handed in by Dec 12th in order to ensure payment over the Xmas Period. I doubt by what you have said that you will receive a double week so you might be left hanging for a week or two for the week ended 24th.

• Advertisement

Not meaning to worry you or anything but just being honest...When I got my dockets a few weeks ago, I got a note with them to say weeks ending 17th and 24th must be handed in by Dec 12th in order to ensure payment over the Xmas Period. I doubt by what you have said that you will receive a double week so you might be left hanging for a week or two for the week ended 24th.

Ye me too, dockets up to week ending 24/25 had to be left in on or before 12 December to ensure continuous payments over Christmas.

Advertisement