Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Revision Books :)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Sparkyhav

Any suggestions on revision books for French, Irish or English? I have the Key Notes for English, and love it, but anyone have have any suggestions on revision books that focus more on the poets and poems? Thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Gf13

Okay I'm kind of hijacking this... But only for one/two or more question lol

Anyone any experience of English keynotes? Is it worth it? I got it but I'm kind of wondering should i return it.
    My teacher gives out good notes on the single, comparative and poetry - some of which are from keynotes. So should I keep it and why?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Giggles95

Sparkyhav wrote: »
    Any suggestions on revision books for French, Irish or English? I have the Key Notes for English, and love it, but anyone have have any suggestions on revision books that focus more on the poets and poems? Thanks in advance :)
    Hi,I've just registered on this and saw this thread and decided to reply,I'm going to be sitting the Leaving cert this summer 2014 too and I use poetry focus 2014 for English poets and poems revision,it's pretty good and gives sample answers for exam questions on poetry and tips etc. For French I use Rapid Revision by Cian Hogan.Although I haven't used it much it seems to be pretty good as it focuses on all aspects of the French exam and seems to be straightforward,but as I said I didn't use it much I would advise you to compare the revise wise French and this book and decide for yourself :) also for the oral I use shortcuts to success and it comes with the cd and I find that it's pretty good too :) I don't do Irish so can't help you with that :) hope I helped and that it's not too late :) in addition good luck with the leaving cert!

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

Sparkyhav wrote: »

Liofa is amazing for the oral/aural. It gives you plenty of handy little phrases that are quite rarely used so should impress the examiner. It shows you how to take trivial topics such as family and how to exploit the topic as an opportunity to showcase excellent vocabulary. I'm pretty sure it got me the A1, in that 50% of the course anyway.
    As for French, avoid the Less Stress book. Its filled with comprehensions and although some could argue that these could be used to pick up useful sentences this is way too time consuming. Bien Dit is brilliant and explores topics that are supposed to be specific to the oral but can easily be used for the "essay" writing section eg crime/global warming and the like.

Advertisement