Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xmas work parties

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 singasong

start a petition, or put a notice up in the staffroom saying how stingy u think it is
    everyone knows how mean they are they`re proud too be so mean,
    "staffroom" what`s that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Aw ; that's terrible . And SO mean.

You know what to do - put the ideation in writing nice to whomever is in charge & ask for a reply. Would youze rather the e50, or to go to the party?! Sounds like the party could be a better goal : )

Must be a history there thou...

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭whymeagain

Cungi wrote: »
    Would this company be based in Oranmore perhaps?
    is it family owned and they`re from gort

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

I worked in a company like that before, all the management went out on a staff night and us common folk were not invited.

The monday after their party they were all talking about how great it was etc etc. the pics didn't back up their words.

So us common folk decided to go out on our own party. we paid our own way, and it was EPIC. we flooded the company email with pics of the night, and the year after we all received in invitation to the office party.

We all turned down the invitation and went out on our own night.

singasong wrote: »
    hi all i work in steel factory in the west there is about 22 or 23 people working 11 in the yard and the rest in the office. anyway the management is having night out for the office staff and nothing for the lads outside ,its been like that for the last few years, and its creating a bit of them and us attitude what do ye all think ????
    how did the party go did ye get an invite

• Advertisement

well are ye back to work yet ?any bonus?????

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

whymeagain wrote: »
    well are ye back to work yet ?any bonus?????

Was back on New Year's Eve. This week is my first full week in ages :(

we`re back at work for a week now haven`t seen any of the top DOGS yet not even a happy new year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Sounds pretty ignorant on their behalf .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Make up a few poles for dancing using your steel engineering/fabricating skills and hire in some strippers. Have a January shindig in the warehouse.

Sparks will fly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

There always seems to be some problem Christmas partys, and I'll never get it. Usually what happens they are too tight to do anything "offical" and things just break into cliques. Is the top man organizing the party or is it somebody lower down doing something with there buddies I wonder ? Next year you should organize your own night out and ask the boss if there's any chance of a few quid towards it, sometimes you just need to ask. If he has any cop on he'll see there is a split going on

2014 and still the same,the office staff are having their party friday night in the park house. The 8 lads outside are going home with nothing..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Why don't the office staff say no and not bother going to it? That of course is if the office staff actually cares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Why don't the lads in the yard band together and have it out with the owner ? Or are the rest of them all Pu**ies ? I know your not happy about the situation so your comrades should join forces with you as the speaker and have it out with Management
    It should be Equal rights for all employees even more so when it's a small company. Ye are the guys that do all the dog work owner should show some appreciation for his hardest workers.

SIX PACK wrote: »
    Why don't the lads in the yard band together and have it out with the owner ? Or are the rest of them all Pu**ies ? I know your not happy about the situation so your comrades should join forces with you as the speaker and have it out with Management
    It should be Equal rights for all employees even more so when it's a small company. Ye are the guys that do all the dog work owner should show some appreciation for his hardest workers.

i asked about something year but no joy, even the other day i asked about a bonus all i got was a stupid remark from the so called general manager,if anyone is in park house give them grief

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

fck em,

head away yourselves and do your own thing,

they are prob snobby cnuts in the office anyways

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

How did you remember your password after two years?

Nib wrote: »
    How did you remember your password after two years?

a brain

we got holidays today ,only got 2 weeks pay and they don`t want us back until the 12th,office back on the 5th

• Registered Users Posts: 16,293 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Lucky you, thats a nice long break.

Any jobs going there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

if I worked in the office I'd probably refuse to go, ask the lads in the yard what the crack is and join in with their party.

Parties thrown to spite people are always un-****ing-believable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,373 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

we got holidays today ,only got 2 weeks pay and they don`t want us back until the 12th,office back on the 5th

That a nearly 3 week shut down would you not be entitled to clam unemployment benefit if the place is shut that long, they sound like a very mean and rather old-fashioned in this day and age, unless ye made eejits of yourselves one year on a Christmas night out.

My husband once worked in a situation where all the engineers were taken our for a fancy meal and drinks and the rest were given money and told to buy themselves a few drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,373 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

2014 and still the same,the office staff are having their party friday night in the park house. The 8 lads outside are going home with nothing..

Whey don't ye all got the bar in the hotel and embarrass the hell out of them.

Lucky you, thats a nice long break.

Any jobs going there?

are you any good sweeping,no work that is why they want us too stay home an extra week, not for our benefit

[QUOTE=mariaalice;93, unless ye made eejits of yourselves one year on a Christmas night out.

we were never at a christmas night out too make eejits of ourselves

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Xmas work parties = forced together with a lot of people you frankly hate and thinking that some alcohol will grease the joints and people will get on. Went to 2 before, never again. Thats what your real mates are for!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

I'm sorry but do you have a first class ticket sir??....Ohhhhh....Well I'm afraid you'll have to take off gentlemen, this is first class only...

Xmas work parties = forced together with a lot of people you frankly hate and thinking that some alcohol will grease the joints and people will get on. Went to 2 before, never again. Thats what your real mates are for!

i know what you mean, its just the principal they could offer us a few euro if they didn't want too be seen out with us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Is there any chance that is a kind of voluntary social gathering for the office folks and its out of their own pocket?

• Advertisement

dirtyden wrote: »
    Is there any chance that is a kind of voluntary social gathering for the office folks and its out of their own pocket?

NOOOOOOO

Advertisement