Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 17 Captain

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Rooney - Sunderland (H)
    Had it with VanPersie but I've just changed it to Suarez now, no real good reason why but hopeful none the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Had it with VanPersie but I've just changed it to Suarez now, no real good reason why but hopeful none the less.

I'm trying to decide whether to do this. I reckon both have a good chance of goals today.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Rooney - Sunderland (H)
    i've made the wrong decision all season long sure why not keep up with the trend.

captain suarez

he'll probably get sent off

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I went with the crowd and plumped for RVP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭carrig2

Tevez - Newcastle (A)
    I went with the crowd and plumped for RVP.

Probably wise. The crowd went for michu last week and he did not disappoint. I thought I knew better and was sorry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Snodgrass - Wigan (H)
    carrig2 wrote: »
    Probably wise. The crowd went for michu last week and he did not disappoint. I thought I knew better and was sorry

Same here. Going for RVP this week though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭carrig2

Tevez - Newcastle (A)
    Suarez instead of ba = stoopid

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Santi Cazorla - Reading (A)
    carrig2 wrote: »
    Suarez instead of ba = stoopid

Why exactly? On paper, it was the sensible move. Ba was up against the Champions in a misfiring Newcastle whereas Suarez was at home to a lower ranked team. Sometimes they just dont work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Rooney - Sunderland (H)
    Why exactly? On paper, it was the sensible move. Ba was up against the Champions in a misfiring Newcastle whereas Suarez was at home to a lower ranked team. Sometimes they just dont work out.

Exactly, you'd swear this was a science, I picked Suarez over Van Persie, would probably do the same next week, of course I wish I didn't but I certainly don't think I was stupid to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Rooney - Sunderland (H)
    Ive bottled it last minute and switched to the fan favourite the last two weeks and so happy i have! if i had of left it on Suarez this week i would be well below the average!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Van Persie - Sunderland (H)
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    He'd actually be my third choice there...Villa have conceded 1 in their last 4!

Villa were three minutes from a cleanie but they are clearly on the up, both defensively and offensively. If they take something from Chelsea I might have to consider getting someone in to cover them.

Suarez proved yet that he simply cannot be relied upon as a captains choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

this week also proved why RVP is so vital in this game IMO, and why he IS worth the price.

anyone in my league who didn't have him was fúcked for a captain choice. all Defoes and Suarezes.

RVP is the ultimate default captain.

Rooney's having a good run, but we all know he plays in spurts. he's a decent captain choice at the moment, but on any given week, if there's no standout, what a wonderful luxury it is to be able to just stick the armband on RVP and everything is probably going to be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭GBXI

SlickRic wrote: »
    this week also proved why RVP is so vital in this game IMO, and why he IS worth the price.

anyone in my league who didn't have him was fúcked for a captain choice. all Defoes and Suarezes.

RVP is the ultimate default captain.

Rooney's having a good run, but we all know he plays in spurts. he's a decent captain choice at the moment, but on any given week, if there's no standout, what a wonderful luxury it is to be able to just stick the armband on RVP and everything is probably going to be ok.

From someone who hasn't had RVP all season but has kept an eye on him, totally and utterly agree. Will try get him in during the January wild-card.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

GBXI wrote: »
    From someone who hasn't had RVP all season but has kept an eye on him, totally and utterly agree. Will try get him in during the January wild-card.

Who was your VC if you don't mind me asking?
    Luckily for you Rafael didn't show up.

wonski wrote: »
    Who was your VC if you don't mind me asking?
    Luckily for you Rafael didn't show up.

Berbatov was my vice-captain (it was between himself and Tevez). Having what I think is my worst week yet, with 3 Arsenal players to come (Scezney, Sagna, and Cazorla) so I badly need Arsenal to do the biz.

Does anyone know, if you only have 2 available subs on a particular GW (one being the sub keeper) and two of your outfield players don't play, does the keeper take up one of the outfield positions?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

GBXI wrote: »
    Berbatov was my vice-captain (it was between himself and Tevez). Having what I think is my worst week yet, with 3 Arsenal players to come (Scezney, Sagna, and Cazorla) so I badly need Arsenal to do the biz.

Does anyone know, if you only have 2 available subs on a particular GW (one being the sub keeper) and two of your outfield players don't play, does the keeper take up one of the outfield positions?

With three to play there is still some hope. Arsenal can keep clean sheet...

And no, the keeper can only sub another keeper.

wonski wrote: »
    With three to play there is still some hope. Arsenal can keep clean sheet...

And no, the keeper can only sub another keeper.

Yeah here's hoping. Ah was hoping that wasn't the case, have Jussi on the bench with 7 points!

Advertisement