Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 17 Captain

Options
  • 14-12-2012 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

Poll options taken from FFS.

It's going to be RVP for me, and many others I imagine. Sunderland finally put a halt to their horrendous form against Reading, but I can't see anything but a United win here (especially with that clip of Fergie's speech about the Sunderland fans doing the rounds this week). I think I would favour Rooney for the armband if I had him; when he starts a scoring run he can really turn explosive for weeks at a time.

There's nobody else in my team to really tempt me away from RVP; which is a bit of a worry as there doesn't seem to be too many favourable fixtures on paper for me, but at least it's an easy enough decision.

Who will you captain for GW17? 104 votes

Ba - Man City (H)
    0%
    Tevez - Newcastle (A)
    1%
    John83carrig2 2 votes
    Aguero - Newcastle (A)
    2%
    FeederGoldFour4Slattsy 3 votes
    Enrique - Aston Villa (H)
    0%
    anirishlad 1 vote
    Suarez - Aston Villa (H)
    0%
    Rooney - Sunderland (H)
    18%
    DempseyPWEIRikandBenzinoFizmanIce87qwertplaywertSideshow MarksandtAxwellpmurphy00MikeCork2009beaver111richieffffSpaceCowb0yaudmanLocal_ChapSwiper the foxT L 19 votes
    Van Persie - Sunderland (H)
    13%
    jossnjuiceFitzerP3greenrizla'sFutureGuySteven81stephen_kMaxPower89wonskiDice75manual_manTheEscapistJammie01jolim24601Cronster 14 votes
    Snodgrass - Wigan (H)
    50%
    Theboinkmasterjesus_thats_greT-b0n3Delboy5rorycNecronomiconLemlinSmashingPilotRoonboxmiller82tom_kcarlopbuilttospillEddie EreAmiraniwill1977keane2097kwestfan08DeankShane732 53 votes
    Holt - Wigan (H)
    1%
    AwayWithFariesWalter White 2 votes
    Kone - Norwich (A)
    0%
    Taarabt - Fulham (H)
    0%
    Berbatov - QPR (A)
    0%
    Walters - Everton (H)
    0%
    Baines - Stoke (A)
    0%
    Fellaini - Stoke (A)
    0%
    Bale - Swansea (H)
    0%
    Defoe - Swansea (H)
    0%
    buyer95 1 vote
    Long - West Ham (H)
    5%
    billymitchellwho_ruredarmyManzoor14Professional GrieferSugar Free 6 votes
    Nolan - West Brom (A)
    0%
    Le Fondre - Arsenal (H)
    0%
    Walcott - Reading (A)
    0%
    Santi Cazorla - Reading (A)
    1%
    machiavellianmerobby^5 2 votes
    Other (please state)
    0%
    smokingman 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Snodgrass - Wigan (H)
    POLL FAIL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Snodgrass - Wigan (H)
    Poll options taken from FFS.

It's going to be RVP for me, and many others I imagine. Sunderland finally put a halt to their horrendous form against Reading, but I can't see anything but a United win here (especially with that clip of Fergie's speech about the Sunderland fans doing the rounds this week). I think I would favour Rooney for the armband if I had him; when he starts a scoring run he can really turn explosive for weeks at a time.

There's nobody else in my team to really tempt me away from RVP; which is a bit of a worry as there doesn't seem to be too many favourable fixtures on paper for me, but at least it's an easy enough decision.

RVP for me also. Even if i had Rooney I'd go with RVP though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Snodgrass - Wigan (H)
    roryc wrote: »
    POLL FAIL

Have some friggin' patience, the thread is posted before you're taken to the poll.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Realistically it's between Rooney and RVP. I'm going to go against the grain a little and say I fancy Rooney here. However, he is still a slight doubt with a virus so will make a definite call when I get some team news.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Rooney - Sunderland (H)
    I'm likely to be choosing from my 3 strikers: Suarez home to Villa, Rooney home to Sunderland or Defoe home to Swansea.

/licks lips

Will probably go with Suarez mind.

• Advertisement

Fizman wrote: »
    I'm likely to be choosing from my 3 strikers: Suarez home to Villa, Rooney home to Sunderland or Defoe home to Swansea.

/licks lips

Will probably go with Suarez mind.

He'd actually be my third choice there...Villa have conceded 1 in their last 4!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Snodgrass - Wigan (H)
    Safe option - RVP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Rooney - Sunderland (H)
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    He'd actually be my third choice there...Villa have conceded 1 in their last 4!

I don't disagree with you as I think (hope) all 3 could have big games, but I think Liverpool are due to give someone a good seeing to, and I just have a feeling about that fixture tomorrow.

Suarez will be very hungry after his week off, and even though Villa have been solid lately and I think Lambert will bring them to a better place in time (I've thankfully had Guzan in since the start of that run), I think they are due a beating.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

safe option - RVP for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Snodgrass - Wigan (H)
    "Only conceded once in their last four games" is about as statistically irrelevant stat as you're likely to come across.

Why not say they've conceded 6 in their last five games?

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    "Only conceded once in their last four games" is about as statistically irrelevant stat as you're likely to come across.

Why not say they've conceded 6 in their last five games?

So you are saying that Villa haven't shored things up at the back over the last 4, and you are going to say that losing 5-0 to City is true to form?
    Villa did brilliantly vs City, defended superbly and were well in that game until they were absolutely robbed by a dreadful referring decision...Aguero was about to come off at that stage and who knows what the final score would have been (and yes I listened to the entire game).

So yes, I will take that result out. Anyways, it's all relative to the posters captain choice. Personally, I would captain both Rooney over Suarez.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Snodgrass - Wigan (H)
    RVP (c) for me this week. VC is on Suarez for now.

Surprised Michu is not an option in the poll. I think alot of people will go with him again this week. I know he is away to Spurs but that wont stop other people from captaining him. Alot of players in my private leagues got lucky with him last week, they always captain Suarez every single week (Liverpool supporters) no matter who he is playing against but since he was suspended for the last game they had to put the captaincy on someone else and they went for Michu as did myself.

Snodgrass - Wigan (H)
    So you are saying that Villa haven't shored things up at the back over the last 4, and you are going to say that losing 5-0 to City is true to form?
    Villa did brilliantly vs City, defended superbly and were well in that game until they were absolutely robbed by a dreadful referring decision...Aguero was about to come off at that stage and who knows what the final score would have been (and yes I listened to the entire game).

So yes, I will take that result out. Anyways, it's all relative to the posters captain choice. Personally, I would captain both Rooney over Suarez.

I'm saying you should take four games with an enormous pinch of salt as they are quite possibly not indicative of anything beyond normal variance, particular when the three clean sheets were at home and two of them were against the might of Reading and Stoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Rooney

Snodgrass - Wigan (H)
    RVP for me I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Long - West Ham (H)
    Defoe for me, Suarez vice captain. I expect Liverpool to beat Villa, but I cant see them getting many goals. I fancy spurs to get a few at least against Swansea

manual_man wrote: »
    Rooney

SAF said nothing about Rooney being out at the press conference this morning so Rooney (c) and RVP (vc) is still my current plan. Maybe I'm over analysing, but I expected SAF to at least address the Rooney situation which makes me think he won't play at all!

I think he'll either start or will be left out of the squad entirely to shake the virus entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Think the choice for me this week is between RVP and Suarez. I thought Suarez would have more votes tbh. I think he stands a very good chance of points returns.

I'll have to mull it over for a while anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

SAF said nothing about Rooney being out at the press conference this morning so Rooney (c) and RVP (vc) is still my current plan. Maybe I'm over analysing, but I expected SAF to at least address the Rooney situation which makes me think he won't play at all!

I think he'll either start or will be left out of the squad entirely to shake the virus entirely.

I reckon Rooney is fine. It was very early in the week when he missed that book signing thing -probably just a 2-day bout of man flu. On the off-chance, think (vc) on Suarez/Rvp should have you covered anyway

Snodgrass - Wigan (H)
    Think the choice for me this week is between RVP and Suarez. I thought Suarez would have more votes tbh. I think he stands a very good chance of points returns.

I'll have to mull it over for a while anyway.

Yeah I'm a little tempted to go for him as a differential as well, although I voted for RVP and have it set to him at the minute.

• Advertisement

Snodgrass - Wigan (H)

You would have heard more about it if he was missing training or anything, 99% he's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Suarez, or Rooney???. Good to have choice like this. Rooney is on the run, and Suarez comes back after a break...Gave it to Rooney, and i hope i am right this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭GBXI

Have gone with Rafael! Thinking Utd's defense will final keep a clean sheet. My strikers (Tevez, Berbatov, and Holt) aren't filling me with confidence this week, so I've given the armband to the young Brazilian.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

GBXI wrote: »
    Have gone with Rafael! Thinking Utd's defense will final keep a clean sheet. My strikers (Tevez, Berbatov, and Holt) aren't filling me with confidence this week, so I've given the armband to the young Brazilian.

Brave move. I still think it is more likely that Rooney, Van Persie or Suarez score one or more, than that United keeps CS. We will see tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Long - West Ham (H)
    GBXI wrote: »

Uniteds defence has been muck all year, crazy move, but best of luck to you

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Rooney - Sunderland (H)
    Suarez at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭GBXI

wonski wrote: »
    Brave move. I still think it is more likely that Rooney, Van Persie or Suarez score one or more, than that United keeps CS. We will see tomorrow.
    Uniteds defence has been muck all year, crazy move, but best of luck to you

I've only captained him once before and I think that was Utd's last clean sheet against West Ham.

I'm thinking if Utd don't keep a clean sheet they will still score a few and Raphael seems good for an assist these days. Risky I know, but I have been getting my attacking Captain wrong a lot lately but my defenders have been scoring well. I'll let ye know how it goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Long - West Ham (H)
    Defoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Will probably stick with RVP but brought in Giroud this week and Arsenal are bound to click soon, got rid of Cazorla so they'll probably win 5-0 with him involved in all of them and Giroud standing by though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

Liam O wrote: »
    Will probably stick with RVP but brought in Giroud this week and Arsenal are bound to click soon, got rid of Cazorla so they'll probably win 5-0 with him involved in all of them and Giroud standing by though...

Dude Cazorla is a keeper...

Advertisement