Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Earpods - €17 (RRP €29)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Emailed myself and got a similar reply. She also said my order has already shipped. So if I get them and don't like the quality I can return them for a refund. An awful lot of hassle. Don't know how websites like this get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

What email were you using. I filled out the contact form on the site and haven't heard anything.

stimpson wrote: »
    What email were you using. I filled out the contact form on the site and haven't heard anything.

Same here. Just used the contact form late last night and received a reply early this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Tradnuts

Bought 2 sets of the old model 'Apple' headphones from topdeals about 6 months ago.

They are awful.

Applied for refund but never got one. STAY WELL AWAY from TOPDEALS.
    Dreadful headphone. Almost unusable.

Go my headphones this morning and they are indeed awful. It sounds like I'm underwater. My original crappy iPod earphones sound much better. The build quality is rubbish too. Time to open a dispute with PayPal.

• Advertisement

Go my headphones this morning and they are indeed awful. It sounds like I'm underwater. My original crappy iPod earphones sound much better. The build quality is rubbish too. Time to open a dispute with PayPal.

Don't know whether to even open mine. Think i'll just get in touch and send them back right away. Very bad form the way they've advertised them.

Open a dispute with PayPal. Read up on their policy about counterfeit goods. They ask you to post a picture of you destroying them and they refund you. Sounds like fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Open a dispute with PayPal. Read up on their policy about counterfeit goods. They ask you to post a picture of you destroying them and they refund you. Sounds like fun!

So you don't have to send them back if you open a dispute? The cap was off and speaker hanging out on one side on mine. I want a refund since they're knock offs and crap quality and don't want to fork out for return postage if I don't have to?

tk123 wrote: »
    So you don't have to send them back if you open a dispute? The cap was off and speaker hanging out on one side on mine. I want a refund since they're knock offs and crap quality and don't want to fork out for return postage if I don't have to?

Yup. If they are knock off, which these obviously are.

Yup. If they are knock off, which these obviously are.

Thanks! ;)

• Advertisement

Got mine out today. Terrible quality. Sound is thinned out and uneven in both earpieces. Dunno wether to go through PayPal or contact them directly though.

They've good customer service and quick replys despite selling a below par product. Here's the reply I just got.

'Dear customer,

We apologise for the faulty item, due to the inconvenience we will issue a full refund this week.

Best regards

TopDeals.ie'

Lets see how long it takes or If I get a refund at all.

I got no reply. They have a chance to respond through PayPal an if they don't I can escalate it. I suggest you open a dispute as I've heard it can be hard to get a refund through top deals.

I got no reply. They have a chance to respond through PayPal an if they don't I can escalate it. I suggest you open a dispute as I've heard it can be hard to get a refund through top deals.

I'll see how this goes dealing with them directly. If not I'll open a PayPal dispute.

Just got my refund there! :)

Me too - processed through PayPal. And I get to keep the crappy earphones too.

I wonder if could chop off the phones and solder to a headphone socket so I could use my Sony headphones with handsfree/iphone control.

Gonna wait till Friday and if I've no refund or reply ill deal with it through PayPal. Hopefully there'll be no messing around.

Opened a dispute though PayPal and got a refund that way :) I'll be careful buying from now on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement