Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Earpods - €17 (RRP €29)

Options
  • 13-12-2012 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭

Spotted this and it seemed like a good deal. TopDeals have the Apple Earpods for only €17. They're a decent set of earphones especially at that price. Nothing too special but they do the job and are a good sounding set. I have a pair myself already but ordered a second pair since they're at a good price imo.

They usually sell for €29 so it's a good saving. Can't say much about the deal site as I've never used them before but hope all is ok and they're official Apple one's too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

JVC "In ear" earphones, similar to the above are €7 & available in several colours.

I feel they are slightly better quality than the Apple (better bass).

** Available in Argos I should say *

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

In fairness these aren't the standard "ibuds" that come free with Apple products which are indeed crap but an improved model of earphone. They've actually got some ok reviews on audiophile sites like Headfi.org. You might well be able to get as good/better for similar money (Brainwavz & Soundmagic are decent in this price range) but they do seem to be respectable enough based on what I've read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

aah... ok, I thought they were just the Apple default earphones

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

These do ship with new iDevices. I'm getting a set just for the mic. I lost mine within weeks of buying my iPhone. Nice one OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Custardpi wrote: »
    In fairness these aren't the standard "ibuds" that come free with Apple products which are indeed crap but an improved model of earphone. They've actually got some ok reviews on audiophile sites like Headfi.org. You might well be able to get as good/better for similar money (Brainwavz & Soundmagic are decent in this price range) but they do seem to be respectable enough based on what I've read.

These are the standard earphones come free with every 2012 iPod, iPhone and iPad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

They're better built then the previous ones that's for sure. Also much more comfortable and a richer sound. And as I said don't expect anything special but they sound good for the price. Decent design too for people who have the problem with earbuds falling out all the time. These stay in a lot better for me.

Hogzy wrote: »
    These are the standard earphones come free with every 2012 iPod, iPhone and iPad.

Sorry, should have clarified that you're right. Most people would still confuse them though with the icrap earbuds they've provided up until now. Nice to see that Apple are finally including earphones worth more than 50c with their €600+ devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ccull123

Afraid they dont come with the ipad mate. You dont getting any earphones at all!!!

ccull123 wrote: »
    Afraid they dont come with the ipad mate. You dont getting any earphones at all!!!

Weird, You did with the 1st gen iPad. How stingy is that.

I can confirm they haven't been included with the iPad 2 and up. Not included with the mini either. Dunno about the first gen iPad though.

• Advertisement

DubDJ wrote: »
    I can confirm they haven't been included with the iPad 2 and up. Not included with the mini either. Dunno about the first gen iPad though.

My mother definetly got them with the 1st gen iPad. They are the only headphones she has and I doubt she went out and bought them.

The iPhone 5, iPod (5th Gen) and the new iPod nano all come with the new Apple Earpods. All others are shipped with the earbuds, or if it's an iPad, none at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

I didn't get any with mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Renato99

Be warned. I emailed the TopDeals to query if they are genuine Apple EarPods. They replied to say that these are in face third party replica EarPods (not Apple).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Think you will find they are not actually free... you do have to pay for the contents of the box:D

Renato99 wrote: »
    Be warned. I emailed the TopDeals to query if they are genuine Apple EarPods. They replied to say that these are in face third party replica EarPods (not Apple).

Doesn't necessarily make them bad though. Quite possible they're made to the same standards as the Apple ones. Still, something to be aware of I guess.

It says Apple EarPods all over the web page. If they're not the genuine article I'll be looking for a refund.

stimpson wrote: »
    It says Apple EarPods all over the web page. If they're not the genuine article I'll be looking for a refund.

Asking for a refund??? Id be reporting them to the Gardai. They are clearly passing them off as genuine.

They say specifically that they are "Designed by Apple".

Like the Gardai give a flip.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,093 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

If they're replica how can they say they'd usually cost the €29 of the real ones

• Advertisement

If they're replica how can they say they'd usually cost the €29 of the real ones

Well the could say that they arent "Designed by Apple" for a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

So they're not made or designed by apple? They might actually be worth the €17 then :pac:

Renato99 wrote: »

Wasn't aware of that. I'm not really interested in a cheap knock-off. So ill be emailing and asking for a refund I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

tajd wrote: »
    apple lol no thanks
    100% agree,

I went through two set of genuine Apple earphones on my previous Iphone 4, they charged me e20 for the replacement set as they said it was "wear and tear", these lasted a few weeks and the same happened again, cables pulling through from the remote switch.I wasn't even hard on them, I since bought spurious and would never go back. I have kept the earphones from the Latest IPhone unused and will sell them with the phone when the time comes.

They make good phones and IPods but their headphones are rubbish.

100% agree,

I went through two set of genuine Apple earphones on my previous Iphone 4, they charged me e20 for the replacement set as they said it was "wear and tear", these lasted a few weeks and the same happened again, cables pulling through from the remote switch.I wasn't even hard on them, I since bought spurious and would never go back. I have kept the earphones from the Latest IPhone unused and will sell them with the phone when the time comes.

They make good phones and IPods but their headphones are rubbish.

I've the original earphones I got with my launch day iPhone 4. Still in perfect working order with no damage what so ever. However the new Earphones from Apple 'Earpods' seem to be a lot stronger than the previous earbuds that they shipped. They sound and fit better too. So worth checking out.

Got this this morning.
    Hogzy,

The earphones are a replica produced by an OEM of Apple, we have tested the quality and they are just as good as the real thing.

Regards
    TopDeals.ie

Got this this morning.

Very bold. I'm canceling and reporting them to Apple

stimpson wrote: »
    Very bold. I'm canceling and reporting them to Apple

Iv already reported them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Custardpi wrote: »
    Doesn't necessarily make them bad though. Quite possible they're made to the same standards as the Apple ones. Still, something to be aware of I guess.
    if they're made to the same standards as the apple ones, then they are indeed bad.
    awful sound quality and leakage.

• Advertisement

if they're made to the same standards as the apple ones, then they are indeed bad.
    awful sound quality and leakage.

The old "iBuds" were certainly like that yeah. Absolutely awful. These new ones (well the genuine ones anyway, which these may or may not be as good as) are getting pretty good reviews & not just from the fanboys. Have you tried the new "Earpods" & had a different experience?

Advertisement