Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 Psychic Readings Live***The Aftermath Thread****

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

BMollie wrote: »
    Or maybe a certain beautiful lady is trying to contact you and draw you under her spell :)

Not for me anyway, I'm getting psychics ads with an old lady called Norah on it. I think Wnolan has sabotaged my interwebs so as to keep me away from the lovely hungarian lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

So far 3 upheld and 1 referred to Comreg

27 August -Section 8.10.4 (pertaining to health matters)
    5 September - Section 8.10.2 (predicting future events)
    6 September - Section 8.9.1 (Premium-rate telecommunications services) (Referred to Comreg by BAI)
    7 September - Section 3.1 (protecting the individual and society)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BMollie

Not for me anyway, I'm getting psychics ads with an old lady called Norah on it. I think Wnolan has sabotaged my interwebs so as to keep me away from the lovely hungarian lady.

I have Norah too, and she's offering FREE readings. These forums on PRL are so huge i'm wondering if all the other forums are getting them as well, so if they are they can blame us.

Wnolan I hope the Hormone forum is not getting them :D

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

spookwoman wrote: »
    So far 3 upheld and 1 referred to Comreg

27 August -Section 8.10.4 (pertaining to health matters)
    5 September - Section 8.10.2 (predicting future events)
    6 September - Section 8.9.1 (Premium-rate telecommunications services) (Referred to Comreg by BAI)
    7 September - Section 3.1 (protecting the individual and society)

I wish you luck with that.
    I contacted them about an aspect of the show and finally got a reply yesterday.
      Dear brian This has since been cancelled -
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/1203/breaking55.html

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

+2

No 3 was sent to comreg scanning them now to put up 80/12 to 82/12

80/12 this one was forwarded to Comreg Complaint about the cost of calls not being read out. http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i126/spookwoman/80p1.jpg

81/12 Complaint about "In my opinion" not said by the psychic Page 1 http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i126/spookwoman/1-1.jpg Page 2 http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i126/spookwoman/2-1.jpg

82/12 Complaint ref missing person Waynes call where he took the call from man who girlfriend had run off with daughter. I thought this was serious and very happy it was upheld Page 1 http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i126/spookwoman/?action=view&current=82p1.jpg Page 2 http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i126/spookwoman/82p2.jpg Page 3 http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i126/spookwoman/82p3.jpg
    Spookwoman, you and the others deserve to be knighted!. To have the determination, patience and knowledge to carry on your campaign in the face of such scorn and resistance from TV3 is truly admirable. Victory must taste so sweet......
    As we say in my part of the country, 'hup ya boy ya!'

• Advertisement

omg you guys did it congrats but what will i do now at night ?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 R.W Callaghan

Yes congratulations to all the lads who spent night and day getting this rubbish off the air a job very well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Same as the rest of us...we're still on here most nights!!!!! :p

The cards tell me that you guys won't be invited to TV3's Christmas Party now.

I know you'll be heartbroken, but you can't argue with the cards

flutegirl wrote: »
    Same as the rest of us...we're still on here most nights!!!!! :p

is it so wrong of me to wish it will return in a different form

best troll ever is = he stole my tractor thoose bastards :D

need to see that clip again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Watching the Late Late there. Now that Flathan doesn't have a role in Irish television, maybe he could take over from Tubridy. He'd be a better interviewer than Tubbs.

(But then, so would my cat)

Fair play for posting this! I never saw this show and wondered at the legend that was the Pink Tractor call! I don't think the Father Ted writers could've scripted it better! Excellent. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

but what's changed really ? Do shows which make fantasy claims in return for exploiting the vulnerable still broadcast their shyte if they so wish to ? And continue to do so without the screen being plastered with warnings ? If cigarettes have health warnings then so called ''psychics'' (or charlatans is a more accurate word) should be forced to carry a psychiatric health warning in my opinion.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

but what's changed really ? Do shows which make fantasy claims in return for exploiting the vulnerable still broadcast their shyte if they so wish to ?

Not on TV3 they can't. :P

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Not on TV3 they can't. :P
    but what's changed really ? Do shows which make fantasy claims in return for exploiting the vulnerable still broadcast their shyte if they so wish to ? And continue to do so without the screen being plastered with warnings ? If cigarettes have health warnings then so called ''psychics'' (or charlatans is a more accurate word) should be forced to carry a psychiatric health warning in my opinion.
    But Auld-Yin, spookwoman and the others could only deal with the Irish TV stations, and the Irish Broadcasting Authority, and they did that with spectacular success. And if (when ) TV3 tries it on in the future, they'll have the lads to deal with again.....!

This is actually quite shocking - it reminds of 'All the Presidents Men' - it's a complete 'non-denial denial' - they doubt the complainant, but don't say that she was wrong.
    Think we are starting to see why it was pulled. Well done everyone :D

82/12 was the one where TV3 told me basically to mind my own business as I was a 3rd part and got a little snotty

3rdparty.jpg

Certain newspapers would have a field day with that.

TV3 advertising for a new Assistant Compliance Editor http://www.tv3.ie/careers.php?position=120 wonder did the last one get the boot after PRL

THE POSITION
    To evaluate acquired programme content with due regard to TV3’s Taste and Decency Guidelines.
    To identify technical flaws, dropouts, poor audio, etc.
    Select best timing for Ad breaks during movies using editorial discretion.
    Preparation of programmes for transmission.
    Editing of other broadcast material from time to time including the re-versioning of previously transmitted material.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

"Have good editorial judgement and be able advise on content issues.
    Have a flexible approach to working a shift pattern."

I think we all qualify! :pac:

• Advertisement

Lets all apply. :)

Using our screen names :)

wonder did the last one get the boot after PRL

Probably got a big promotion

We have to apply? :rolleyes:
    I'd have thought we'd be included on the short list, automatically.
    Maybe the letter's in the post. :rolleyes:

TV3’s Taste and Decency Guidelines.
    We would have to start again at the beginning there.

Thing is...

I legitimately think I'd be good at that job, and would ****ing love to do it.

But apart from the fact I'm tied down with college and have no experience, I'm probably on their black list anyway. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BMollie

Lets all apply. :)

That would be great fun, we might get a communal interview, on second thoughts they wouldn't want us all together. :eek:

I'd be game, if the rest of you are too :D

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Thing is...

I legitimately think I'd be good at that job, and would ****ing love to do it.

But apart from the fact I'm tied down with college and have no experience, I'm probably on their black list anyway. :(

Experience: apparently more than some ;)
    Tied down with college: excuses :rolleyes: and a degree could be useful.
    Black List: only probation until you reach double figures :)

BMollie wrote: »
    That would be great fun, we might get a communal interview, on second thoughts they wouldn't want us all together. :eek:

I'd be game, if the rest of you are too :D

Every man/woman for themselves ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

TV3’s Taste and Decency Guidelines.

TV3 have taste and decency guidelines? Well you learn something new everyday eh!

Advertisement