Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Provari & ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Once I can confirm multiple coils are possible that's precisely my intention too.
    It. Looks. Ah. May. Zing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Bang on.

Truer to life than you'd imagi... Nah you'd probably imagine it was true to life anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

grindle wrote: »
    I was just pointing out it going on sale as you mentioned it. Unfortunately heliheliguy scooped you.

Any atty with a chamber will be better than one without.
    Vivi Nova with it's top coil beside the mouth=>No chamber=>Less flavour.
    eBaron's drippers are a big step up.
    But I'd wait for the Killer 705 to come out unless you're gagging for a dripper. Maybe grab a supremely cheap Phoenix to do you in the meantime and give you a harsh crash course in setting up a coil?

With mesh, it is a pain to get working for the first while (usually due to lack of patience), but the simplicity and lack of attention I have to pay to my ecig once it's done is worth it.
    No more having to rewick every 2-3 days!
    No more having to rewick to swap a flavour out (more a problem with cotton than silica).
    Constantly awesome flavours that only falter once the coil is gunked up (took 5-ish days to reach that level with my super-steeped Virginia Prime - usually destroys my cotton wicks within the two day mark).

Have to get a dripper now. Will check out the Killer 705 and see if I've got the patience to wait for it. Or i might just get the cheaper Phoenix to keep me going.

Think I might give the mesh a bash, sounds like the business once you've mastered it.

Thanks a lot for the advice.
    Dean_Mc wrote: »
    I don't think it was him selling it. Looks like it is gone though :( all in all its a good buy. As I said I use it for everything bar driving and going out. The only reason I don't use it out is because I don't fancy direct dripping pissed. I tend to just fill a kanger full of extreme menthol and travel light.

Yeah I missed out there, bummer. I also have a Kanger that I can use for driving, and when drunk. Can't have too much gear for vaping. Something for every occasion!

http://bulli-smoker.de/index.php?a=67&lang=eng bulli a2 classic in stainless steel

http://bulli-smoker.de/index.php?a=177&lang=eng drip tip adapter to turn it into a dripper

postage takes about a week

• Advertisement

http://bulli-smoker.de/index.php?a=67&lang=eng bulli a2 classic in stainless steel

http://bulli-smoker.de/index.php?a=177&lang=eng drip tip adapter to turn it into a dripper

postage takes about a week

Have you tried it?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dean_Mc

I still think your better off getting the dripper, killer or not.

The long and short is that most people buying the killer will already have the dripper and will basically use it as a dripper with a tank..

In other words... you should get both.

<Ollie> wrote: »
    Have you tried it?

yeah been using one as a dripper for a good few months now, it's pretty much all I use since I got it

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

yeah been using one as a dripper for a good few months now, it's pretty much all I use since I got it

Would it be fair to say that it functions like a spheroid?

looks similar enough to the spheroid from what I remember of the spheroid

• Advertisement

I still think your better off getting the dripper, killer or not.

The long and short is that most people buying the killer will already have the dripper and will basically use it as a dripper with a tank..

In other words... you should get both.

Off of stock on ESI. Just wondered how often do you have to drip feed them? Sounds like a pain if you have keep reaching to your pocket for a bottle of juice.

Probably just as good as the Ebarron, same price with the adapter too, and could be used as both. Would you have to keep feeding it juice when using it as a dripper?

yeah whenever the flavour drops off

i normally get 8-10 pulls out of it before it needs to be refilled. it depends on how thick the juice is and the type of bottle im using too.. some let out big drops, some small drops

Probably worth it for the better vape.

Dripping is definitely worth it for the better vape. That's why some of us make the extra effort to make genesis atties work - drip-flavour, tank quantity.

Can't speak for the Bulli but from what I've read of the lads' escapades, it seems less work than getting a genesis working, but still has a learning curve, but once it works it's
    *insert Digby superlative here*

Not sure how it works with mesh though.

That's why some of us make the extra effort to make genesis atties work - drip-flavour, tank quantity.

always have to get those digs in don't you

bastard

Pro Dripper or No Dripper...

Or cheap dripper then Killer dripper which doubles as a tank dripper?

Not everybody has the means, Dean. Except you, cos you're mean, Dean.

Or cheap dripper then Killer dripper which doubles as a tank dripper?

Not everybody has the means, Dean. Except you, cos you're mean, Dean.

Are we as a group not the same people that spent just shy of €100 euro per week on smokes?

Are we as a group not the same people that spent just shy of €100 euro per week on smokes?

You and most may be (and I'm a fan of that argument with pack-smokers), but I as an ex-rollie-smoker am getting screwed (money-wise - not like it's unfair: my choice) left, right and centred.
    An expensive move from tobacco bought in the Netherlands to vaping equipment,
    Totally worth it though.
    Not as bad as was.deevey has it apparently, so I'm counting whatever lucky stars are hanging over our heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Shopping basket updated thanks to Dean's advice...

- Provari Mini

- E Baron Pro Dripper
    - Dripper Replacement Heads

- EFest IMR18350 battery x 3
    - Trustfire TR001 charger

- Prive Tank with Drip Tip
    - Boge 510 Cartomisers - Standard Resistance

- 510 to Ego adaptor x2

That look ok? Does the charger work for that size batteries?

Happy New Year from me to me!

Ordered all of the above, bar the Prive, from e-smokeireland... (thanks Paul!)

Now, just the Prive tank & Hippo air flow valve, plus maybe the Killer 705, and that's me set for 2013...
    (yes, I did say I won't be an equipment junkie, but they're so beautiful)

Happy New Vape to all :)

• Advertisement

Happy New Year from me to me!

Ordered all of the above, bar the Prive, from e-smokeireland... (thanks Paul!)

Now, just the Prive tank & Hippo air flow valve, plus maybe the Killer 705, and that's me set for 2013...
    (yes, I did say I won't be an equipment junkie, but they're so beautiful)

Happy New Vape to all :)

Delighted for you, you wont be disappointed. The only thing I will say about the dripper is to be stingy with the juice until you find your rhythm, if you over fill it it will leak.

Delighted for you, you wont be disappointed. The only thing I will say about the dripper is to be stingy with the juice until you find your rhythm, if you over fill it it will leak.

Cheers Dean - I'm sure I'll be hitting you up for advice when it arrives :)

Cheers Dean - I'm sure I'll be hitting you up for advice when it arrives :)

There is actually very little set up. The dripper is predone so the only thing to do is to make sure you don't over fill it. Changing the coil can be tough the first time but in general everything else you both is very easy to use :)

Just wanted to update this thread and say thanks for all the good advice..

Got my Provari Mini yesterday, and I've just fired it up this morning.

I'm still waiting for the ProDripper and the Hippo tank to arrive, to complete my set-up (well, until the Killer 705 arrives, which will definitely, 100% complete my set-up until the next must-have device comes on the market)

I'm just using the Provari with the Kanger T3 and adaptor for now, till the other stuff arrives, so I wasn't expecting any real improvement over the Ego Twist batteries, but there is a noticeable improvement in flavour and a smoother vape at the voltage I've selected.

Happy days :)

until the next must-have device comes on the market)
    Can't wait for this to come out, whatever it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

Can't wait for this to come out, whatever it is.
    The Pr**ri V3 and eVic 2 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

You and most may be (and I'm a fan of that argument with pack-smokers), but I as an ex-rollie-smoker am getting screwed (money-wise - not like it's unfair: my choice) left, right and centred.
    An expensive move from tobacco bought in the Netherlands to vaping equipment,
    Totally worth it though.
    Not as bad as was.deevey has it apparently, so I'm counting whatever lucky stars are hanging over our heads.

Ah not so bad anymore, everyones getting screwed now -a new "sin-tax" on cigarettes brings the price up to around 70 cents a pack now with a planned stanged increase to appx 1.20 a pack in 2017 (Marlbro) :rolleyes:

I'm just using the Provari with the Kanger T3 and adaptor for now, till the other stuff arrives, so I wasn't expecting any real improvement over the Ego Twist batteries, but there is a noticeable improvement in flavour and a smoother vape at the voltage I've selected.

Happy days :)

I was using the Provari with a Kanger, and it was terrible. Would you buy a Mini Novi until the Killer hits the market?

For €12 you get everything you need, and a few spare heads with different resistances. They're also rebuildable with your own wicks and wire if you so wish. The difference for me was night and day. Even with the killer, you'd still need spare tanks for different juices, cleaning etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

normal vivi is good too. bit more space in it so easier to rebuild also

• Advertisement

Lucutus wrote: »
    normal vivi is good too. bit more space in it so easier to rebuild also

This is the one I use. It fits on the Provai perfectly (it was probably specifically made for it).

It's the space I like too. The Kanger is just too small, hard to get a nice effortless draw, unlike the Vivi imo.

Advertisement