Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Provari & ?

Options
  • 10-12-2012 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

After getting great advice on this thread to get me started, I'm still vaping away on the Kanger Twist kit, and loving it - not missing the cigs one bit!

Managed to convert 2 family members to the vaping cause too, so it's all good.

Now, in my original thread, I said I only wanted to buy once, and that I wouldn't become an equipment junkie, but the advice given at the time was if you're going to buy once, then it's a provari you need...

Personally I'm still happy with my kit, but I have had inklings that I'd love to see what all the fuss is about with the Provari - the bro has also been asking about it too, so I said I'd ask on here...

So my question is - what kit do you use along with your Provari, and why?

I'm not much of a techie, so I'd say I'd want a 'fit & forget' type of dealie, but the bro is into his electronics / fixing shizz, so I'd say he'd be into his rebuildables etc..

So what are the best options?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

UsedToWait wrote: »
    So my question is - what kit do you use along with your Provari, and why?

Boge standard resistance cartomiser and a prive tank - my daily vape. Beautiful flavor, smoke machine like vapor and I even get a throat hit with 6 mg juice. It is very consistent and after a short learning curve tech and mess free as it has a small screw filler plug. It looks like a super model on the provari

Ebarron pro dripper - My evening & traveling vape, unbelievably easy device to use with sooooo much flavor and tonnes of vapor. I need 10mg to get the same throat hit as 6mg in the boge. I can rebuild it in minutes (3 to be exact) and I can also buy 5 replacement wicks if I do not want to rebuild (30 seconds to change) for €12 which would last me 3 or 4 months.

Vivi Nova - It sucks in standard form compared to the above but I have one I built with mesh that is half decent that I use now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Anything with a 510 connection really, apart from the likes of the vision egos and kanger t#'s, as these have skirts. Can get an adapter, but I've never had much luck with them...

Its a great tool for rebuildables, checking resistance, adjusting voltage etc...you wouldn't buy one just that that, but if you have one its great to have in the toolbox...

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

i second that Vivi Nova - the standard not the mini. simple no fuss easy to top up, very easy to swap heads every 2-4weeks
    this is based on a starter impression as rebuildables can be gotten at same time too but not only, as it may put you off,
    you always need a simple solution around that works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Arry actv4w tank & Boge SR Carto - like krissova a carto tank is my daily setup, holds plenty of juice, doesn't leak and pretty good flavor.

Clockworks RDA - My dripping atty of choice, one of the best bits of kit I've ever bought, easy to rebuild and flavor country!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dean_Mc

I started with a twist kit and CE4 heads. As it was the only kit I tried it was fine for me. I then tried Kanger T3 (bottom coil heads) which I found much better for me, they have a cooler vaper and a looser draw which I like, some people prefer a hotter tighter draw and in that case go with the T2 as it is top coil. After going to a local meet I got to try a load of devices but the one that stood out was the provari (mini). The vapour production was much better. My understanding from asking around is that it has to do with the regulation the device puts out. I am not a techie but something makes the vapour better.

I purchased a provari mini last week, spending about 220 for the kit with 2 800mah efest batteries, a charger and a 510 to ego adapter. I din't go with the extension or bigger batteries. While this is a lot of money I can honestly say it is worth it. The vapour is better and I can pick out flavours better in good quality juices. Cheap juices still taste cheap, so it wont make crappy juices better but it will improve good stuff. I would consider myself a chain vaper and from a full charge at 7am I get all the way until five, replace the battery and then I am good for the night. The batteries are tiny so I just carry the extra in my pocket.

In terms of current gear I use T3's exclusively but use K-510 heads for testing new liquids as they are 1ml, cheap as chips and pack a punch. The plan is to get a ProDripper early next year to complete my kit. All in all I love my mini, I have used it exclusively and don't intend on buying any other Mod, I fully intend to try new heads as they become available though but the only new mod I would consider is a V3 mini if ProVapes come out with one and I would sell the V2 to cover the bulk of the cost.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

if you're going for a rebuildable dripper I'd say go for the bulli a2 classic, but then I haven't used the ebaron dripper which does seem to be the device du jour

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Best thing I've bought so far has been the eBaron Dripper, a couple of replacement coil packs, (for the additional ceramic cups), and some wick and wire.

Recoiled and rewicked it last night, works first time, no messing, great flavour, great vapour, works well on an Ego, better again on the Vamo. The thing is pure quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

I got these yesterday from TBS http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/clearomizers/195-vision-stv-nova-tank.html. Using the long wicks with it @2.4 Same as the normal Viva Nova but no plastic to easily crack.

Have been looking for something unbreakable (if possible) as I have ruined several clearomisers by getting off the couch with the Provari on my lap and dropping the lot on the floor cracking my tanks, the Vision STV Nova tank is metal with 2 plastic slits to view the liquid level, so that should be fairly sturdy, and hard to beat the Nova tanks (gone off the T3's)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 298 ✭✭Tony Soprano.

How do you recharge the standard 18350 battery? It's not listed for the Trustfire charger.

This charger will work for the 18350 but says nothing about the 18490. So if you also wanted to buy the 18490 with an extension cap, then you would need two chargers?

• Advertisement

How do you recharge the standard 18350 battery? It's not listed for the Trustfire charger.
    You can charge them with the Trustfire TR-001, they are listed on the TBS site with their Trustfire TR-001 charger. http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/vv-mods/146-trustfire-tr-001-charger.html
    Just as as well as it's what I use to charge all my 18??? batteries :eek:
    I would hazard a guess that ESI omitted to add the 18350 to the list.

kiffy wrote: »
    You can charge them with the Trustfire TR-001, they are listed on the TBS site with their Trustfire TR-001 charger. http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/vv-mods/146-trustfire-tr-001-charger.html
    Just as as well as it's what I use to charge all my 18??? batteries :eek:
    I would hazard a guess that ESI omitted to add the 18350 to the list.

Cheers Kiffy. I just received an email from Paul at ESI confirming what you said.

Crikey they're fast replying to emails. Great service.

18 batteries? Holy crap!

Cheers Kiffy. I just received an email from Paul at ESI confirming what you said.

Crikey they're fast replying to emails. Great service.

18 batteries? Holy crap!
    Your dead right Namesake, just had a few emails with Sabrina, they must never clock off like the rest of us :)
    The charger I would like to get is the Trustfire TR-003 the 4 berth charger, but not available on any site.

Sorry namesake I didn't mean I had 18 batteries when I posted 18???, I used the term to state 18350, 18500, 18650, just replaced the last 3 numbers with ??? to cover all 3 types of battery with one reference.

kiffy wrote: »
    The charger I would like to get is the Trustfire TR-003 the 4 berth charger, but not available on any site.

You must either be vaping using the Large Hadron Collider as a atomizer or have a small vaping army hidden in the basement to need a 4 berth charger.:D

krissovo wrote: »
    You must either be vaping using the Large Hadron Collider as a atomizer or have a small vaping army hidden in the basement to need a 4 berth charger.:D
    I was a good boy scout "always be prepared dib, dib, dib"
    I would have a better chance finding the Higgs Boson particle in my garden shed, than I would successfully coiling an Aga T, so might try using Hadron Collider on my STV Nova Tank :o

I think you may get a bill to repair my laptop as I just sprayed vodka and coke out of my nostrils onto my laptop keyboard reading your reply:D

I think you may get a bill to repair my laptop as I just sprayed vodka and coke out of my nostrils onto my laptop keyboard reading your reply:D
    An awful good waste of Vodka. I hope it was just vodka n coke that came out your nostrils, and no green bits with it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Boge standard resistance cartomiser and a prive tank - my daily vape. Beautiful flavor, smoke machine like vapor and I even get a throat hit with 6 mg juice. It is very consistent and after a short learning curve tech and mess free as it has a small screw filler plug. It looks like a super model on the provari

Ebarron pro dripper - My evening & traveling vape, unbelievably easy device to use with sooooo much flavor and tonnes of vapor. I need 10mg to get the same throat hit as 6mg in the boge. I can rebuild it in minutes (3 to be exact) and I can also buy 5 replacement wicks if I do not want to rebuild (30 seconds to change) for €12 which would last me 3 or 4 months.

Ok, let's suppose I might have decided that I'm worth it and am about to go on a masssive Christmas spending splurge :pac:

Here's what's in my basket(s).

Can someone please look and see if I'm missing anything I'll end up needing, and also tell me which is the adaptor I'll need to fit Kanger T3s on the Provari..

- Provari v2

- E Baron Pro Dripper
    - Dripper Replacement Heads

- AW18490/18500 battery x2
    - Trustfire TR001 charger

- Prive Tank with Drip Tip
    - Boge 510 Cartomisers - Standard Resistance

Its a 510 connection so you need an ego adapter. Also I would goo the mini. There are lovely telescope modes coming in January for it which means you can go from stealth to stick and get a range of batteries. Also ive been using the efest batteries which are cheaper and last longer in some cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Shopping basket updated thanks to Dean's advice...

- Provari Mini

- E Baron Pro Dripper
    - Dripper Replacement Heads

- EFest IMR18350 battery x 3
    - Trustfire TR001 charger

- Prive Tank with Drip Tip
    - Boge 510 Cartomisers - Standard Resistance

- 510 to Ego adaptor x2

That look ok? Does the charger work for that size batteries?

• Advertisement

Yup,

I use that charger with those batteries. I only bought two though as they last well over a full day between the two. I also got 1x 18500 and 1x 18650 for when the telescope mode is out. It takes both sizes by extending it. The ego adapters are cheap but you should really only need one.

For everything bar the Prive and Drip Tip, you should be able to get it from e-smokeireland.ie They do free delivery (he puts it registered post though) and if you put boards in the voucher box you get 15% off which is a fair chunk as you are going to be on the bad side of €250.

Everything you have I have too bar the prive. I am on the fence about it as it is still prone to degrading. Although I may buy it once the killer comes out http://www.houseofmods.co.uk/ Which is like a super 510 atty for tanks made buy the guys who do the e-dripper.

If your on facebook don't forget to join the group:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/irishvaping/

They are very nice and you will get all sorts of help too.

Here is a picture of my mini next to some bottles, it will give you an idea of the size of it, it's small but not too much so, fits in the pocket nice. I'm really glad I went with it instead of the larger one.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=531047686905492&set=o.331901456906099&type=3&theater

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Would the E Barron Pro be a big step-up from a Viva Nova? The eBarron pro is not cheap.

Also what gives the best results - pure cotton wick, fibreglass/silica wick or wire mesh?

Wicks question I'll leave to others. As for the pro dipper here is my comments from facebook on it.
    So after using it as my sole means of juice delivery I can say the eBaron Pro Dripper comes highly recommended. The only use I have for tanks now is for my extreme menthol other than that everything goes through the dripper. Flavours I thought were meh have a new dimension to them were as flavours I love are even more exquisite. Apart from learning the rythym of manual dripping and changing the coil for the first time it has been nothing but smooth sailing. All that is left is to get the Gemini drip tip and the telescopic conversion mod so I can go from mini to mega sized on my provari mini. My ultimate kit, almost complete. Vape heaven is in reach.

The only thing I will say is it is a dripper so you need to drip, this wont suit in all situations, driving for instance but I use my dripper 99% of the time otherwise.

Good review Dean. They do sound pretty awesome, and I'm wanting one now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

<Ollie> wrote: »
    Good review Dean. They do sound pretty awesome, and I'm wanting one now.

Whaddayknow?
    Would the E Barron Pro be a big step-up from a Viva Nova? The eBarron pro is not cheap.

Also what gives the best results - pure cotton wick, fibreglass/silica wick or wire mesh?
    Big step up.

Mesh and cotton wick are both great, but the cotton needs to be changed a lot more often.
    Then again, mesh is a bit of a pain in the arse.

grindle wrote: »
    Whaddayknow?

Big step up.

Don't you like it? Will post in that thread now.
    Mesh and cotton wick are both great, but the cotton needs to be changed a lot more often.
    Then again, mesh is a bit of a pain in the arse.

That's what I thought too. The mesh looks really difficult after watching a youtube video earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I was just pointing out it going on sale as you mentioned it. Unfortunately heliheliguy scooped you.

Any atty with a chamber will be better than one without.
    Vivi Nova with it's top coil beside the mouth=>No chamber=>Less flavour.
    eBaron's drippers are a big step up.
    But I'd wait for the Killer 705 to come out unless you're gagging for a dripper. Maybe grab a supremely cheap Phoenix to do you in the meantime and give you a harsh crash course in setting up a coil?

With mesh, it is a pain to get working for the first while (usually due to lack of patience), but the simplicity and lack of attention I have to pay to my ecig once it's done is worth it.
    No more having to rewick every 2-3 days!
    No more having to rewick to swap a flavour out (more a problem with cotton than silica).
    Constantly awesome flavours that only falter once the coil is gunked up (took 5-ish days to reach that level with my super-steeped Virginia Prime - usually destroys my cotton wicks within the two day mark).

Don't you like it? Will post in that thread now.

That's what I thought too. The mesh looks really difficult after watching a youtube video earlier.

I don't think it was him selling it. Looks like it is gone though :( all in all its a good buy. As I said I use it for everything bar driving and going out. The only reason I don't use it out is because I don't fancy direct dripping pissed. I tend to just fill a kanger full of extreme menthol and travel light.

• Advertisement

grindle wrote: »
    I was just pointing out it going on sale as you mentioned it. Unfortunately heliheliguy scooped you.

Any atty with a chamber will be better than one without.
    Vivi Nova with it's top coil beside the mouth=>No chamber=>Less flavour.
    eBaron's drippers are a big step up.
    But I'd wait for the Killer 705 to come out unless you're gagging for a dripper. Maybe grab a supremely cheap Phoenix to do you in the meantime and give you a harsh crash course in setting up a coil?

With mesh, it is a pain to get working for the first while (usually due to lack of patience), but the simplicity and lack of attention I have to pay to my ecig once it's done is worth it.
    No more having to rewick every 2-3 days!
    No more having to rewick to swap a flavour out (more a problem with cotton than silica).
    Constantly awesome flavours that only falter once the coil is gunked up (took 5-ish days to reach that level with my super-steeped Virginia Prime - usually destroys my cotton wicks within the two day mark).

My understanding of the killer is that it is basically a replacement for carto's. You would put it in a tank. My intention is to buy one of these for when I am out and about to replace my kanger t3's

Advertisement