Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Buble July 15th,16,18,19th & 20th 2013 O2 Arena Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

Heading down now myself. Can't believe this is his last night, it has went so fast!

I hope he comes back to Ireland soon!

I hope everyone who saw MB this week had a brilliant time. I don't think we will ever forget having him here for a whole week and 5 shows!

I just had the most amazing time lastnight. I think he performed better than he did on Monday night (if that is even possible!) He seemed to joke around a lot more and he seemed very relaxed, although I did think he looked a bit tired at times!

I put some footage on youtube of lastnight, i hope you like it! (Did he wear this jacket any other night? I only saw him wearing the black sparkly one)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMcCkGs3esk&feature=c4-overview&list=UU4mYi9FE5p2U5UPrD__HfHw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9ATq2WRTgU&feature=c4-overview&list=UU4mYi9FE5p2U5UPrD__HfHw

• Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

He is a hunk hunk of burning love :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

What a brillant night.

Found my way easily around the o2. Got there early & took my seat. I was in row J on flat seating. Counting on my fingers, J is 10 & I expecting to be 10 rows from the front but I was actually in the 7th row. Was delighted to be up so close to the front.

Naturally 7 were terrific.

As for Buble himself. He was magnificent as was his team and the whole show. It was a huge performance.

Buble is handsome, hilarious, intelligent, sexy & so much more.

Fantastic from beginning to end & there were so many highlights.

The opening was unreal with the fire flames & Fever.

So many songs got me into an absolute frenzy clapping, jumping, singing, shouting, stamping my feet & waving, like
    Haven't met you yet,
    Everything,
    Save the last dance for me,
    It's a beautiful day, and Burning Love:- this was my favourite of the night for me.

Other songs were glorious & deeply moving like:
    Home,
    Cry me a river
    Close your eyes:- I love love love this song, and

(there's more from me)

to continue

Song for you:- I cried with this song knowing it was his last. That & it's such a beautiful song & Buble performs it with such a heartfelt passion. Wow, just wow!

There was another song that I found touching but I can't remember it. Buble performed it with Naturally 7 on the mini stage.
    Edit: I got it; its:- Who's loving you.

Loved the raining heart confetti & the song that went with it. Love, is it?

The stage was cool. Was the stage a keyboard? And did it go up and down with notes?

I had a fantastic night. Can't believe it's all over now. I love Michael Buble.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I hope everyone who saw MB this week had a brilliant time. I don't think we will ever forget having him here for a whole week and 5 shows!

I just had the most amazing time lastnight. I think he performed better than he did on Monday night (if that is even possible!) He seemed to joke around a lot more and he seemed very relaxed, although I did think he looked a bit tired at times!

I put some footage on youtube of lastnight, i hope you like it! (Did he wear this jacket any other night? I only saw him wearing the black sparkly one)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMcCkGs3esk&feature=c4-overview&list=UU4mYi9FE5p2U5UPrD__HfHw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9ATq2WRTgU&feature=c4-overview&list=UU4mYi9FE5p2U5UPrD__HfHw

He wore a more cringy green one on the Tuesday night anyway for Cry me a River

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

On Friday he wore a Black sparkly one and on Saturday a black one with yellow diamonds

• Registered Users Posts: 12,199 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I was in row J on flat seating. Counting on my fingers, J is 10 & I expecting to be 10 rows from the front but I was actually in the 7th row. Was delighted to be up so close to the front.

I was in J on Friday, great seats. At the Aviva we were half way down the stadium so 7th row was great, the wife was well pleased.

Going back to normality now this morning. Sweet lord! How do you come down from such a beautiful high without crashing?

Burning Love - I'm still smiling with it.

• Advertisement

Someone in work told me that they were talking to someone who saw him on Monday night, and apparently this person thought he was very rude the way he spoke about his wife!!

All I remember him saying (jokingly) is that he hopes the baby is his and his wife gets around! Honest to god, some people have no sense of humour.

Anyway, back to reality today! Anyone else have post Bublé depression?? The only thing is that he said in the Ray d'arcy interview that he is going to come back to Ireland on this tour.

Someone in work told me that they were talking to someone who saw him on Monday night, and apparently this person thought he was very rude the way he spoke about his wife!!

All I remember him saying (jokingly) is that he hopes the baby is his and his wife gets around! Honest to god, some people have no sense of humour.

Anyway, back to reality today! Anyone else have post Bublé depression?? The only thing is that he said in the Ray d'arcy interview that he is going to come back to Ireland on this tour.

He is always making jokes about his wife on talk shows and interviews, playful banter from him only

Where do you reckon Michael will pay next time? O2 again or Aviva or somewhere else?

ciaramc wrote: »
    Where do you reckon Michael will pay next time? O2 again or Aviva or somewhere else?

Would love him to do two nights in Croke Park

At Saturday night's concert, yapping in between songs and the part of the show where he introduced his band, he spoke in a similiar way about his wife. You could tell a mile off he was joking. Just a black sense of humour is all that was. I found him highly entertaining.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Would love him to do two nights in Croke Park

Oh god, I would hate that! The O2 is the best venue ever. Small, intimate, the sound quality is perfection. Who could ask for anything more!

He said in an interview that his fans don't want to see him in arenas anymore, plus I think he was so impressed with the O2 I think next time he comes to Dublin, he will perform there again.

I did like The Aviva but I do think The O2 was better as you were closer. Although I was lucky enough to get front row for one of the nights I was at his Aviva gigs.

Oh god, I would hate that! The O2 is the best venue ever. Small, intimate, the sound quality is perfection. Who could ask for anything more!

He said in an interview that his fans don't want to see him in arenas anymore, plus I think he was so impressed with the O2 I think next time he comes to Dublin, he will perform there again.

Another 5 night run or better 10 night run so at The O2 Dublin

Post concert depression has kicked in with me. Thank you very much for sharing your videos. There's been many videos from many people and they are the only thing saving me now.

I didn't hear his radio interview. I might check later in the week for a podcast.

I'd love to see him back in concert again very soon. Won't hold my breath for anything soon though.

This tour is fairly new and he hasn't played mainland Europe yet and with his last tour he played many countries. Nothing announced yet with that but I hope to start saving and I'd love to see him in Paris.

He announced the Australian leg of his tour the other day. He's doing a tour of Australia in April & May of 2014. Wish I had a few grand to spare.

If he does come back to Dublin it probably won't be until after this sometime

For his Aviva concert, I was in the pitch, in the fourth row of the golden circle and it was brillant but there were a lot of sound problems at that concert for those people at the back and the highs of the tiers. I don't think that's very fair for fans on limited incomes or other finiancial worries. Stadium gigs is hit and miss like that. I've never been to croker though so don't know what sounding would be like for concerts there.

The o2 was brillant. There were no complaints.

• Advertisement

ciaramc wrote: »
    I did like The Aviva but I do think The O2 was better as you were closer. Although I was lucky enough to get front row for one of the nights I was at his Aviva gigs.

I'd love to get a first row ticket. How would you go about doing that? Even buying as soon as tickets are released doesn't get me a front row ticket. Do you have to be part of his fanclub or something? Maybe presale tickets.

A Michael Buble concert dvd would go down very well for Christmas.

I'd love to get a first row ticket. How would you go about doing that? Even buying as soon as tickets are released doesn't get me a front row ticket. Do you have to be part of his fanclub or something? Maybe presale tickets.

No, I was just lucky to get them on Ticketmaster. It was just sheer luck. For the 2nd night I bought tickets straight away got row 24 front block. Its just luck. I know there were seats at the front at the Aviva gig set aside for fanclub members.

Hope you are lucky next MB tour :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I was in Block P 4 rows from the back and didn't find the sound fantastic to be honest. It was good but very hard to make out what he was saying when talking and the sound seemed to be more projected to the centre of the arena. Really enjoyed the show still.

My main gripe was the heat in there which I thought was nothing short of disgraceful. I was sitting near the air vents and you could just about feel the air con slightly on and then for the last 20 minutes it was turned off altogether. It came across as penny pinching to me and possibly a sly way to force people to spend more on over priced drinks. When tickets are expensive the least they could do is make it comfortable for people.

I have been very lucky at any concert I have been to, to be front row or very close. The trick is to never choose "best available" - always choose what section you want, flat seating or stalls if you want to be at the front. Always works for me. Now it didn't work obviously for MB at the O2 because they didn't advertise flat seating! But I kept checking ticketmaster and "best available" suddenly threw up flat seating tickets. I was furious! I rang ticketmaster and they swapped them for me, got 2nd row :) Then just last week I bought a ticket for Saturday and got 3rd row!

Post concert depression has kicked in with me. Thank you very much for sharing your videos. There's been many videos from many people and they are the only thing saving me now.

I didn't hear his radio interview. I might check later in the week for a podcast.

I'd love to see him back in concert again very soon. Won't hold my breath for anything soon though.

This tour is fairly new and he hasn't played mainland Europe yet and with his last tour he played many countries. Nothing announced yet with that but I hope to start saving and I'd love to see him in Paris.

He announced the Australian leg of his tour the other day. He's doing a tour of Australia in April & May of 2014. Wish I had a few grand to spare.

If he does come back to Dublin it probably won't be until after this sometime

If you search on Youtube, the whole interview is there with Ray Darcy! Brilliant interview, have watched it about 4 times now! :P

He said that he would have done 20 gigs in London and 10 in Dublin if his wife wasn't pregnant. Hopefully he'll come back even this time next year to play 5 more nights here! I would love that!

I still cannot get over the concerts. I am just in awe... I can't even describe what I am feeling! I am delighted that I actually saw him twice in one week! And now I am feeling a bit down now that it is all over, and who knows when he'll be back here.

I wish he did a wee bit more press last week, the Ray Darcy interview is all I can find. I guess he would have been on the Late Late if it was on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

A Michael Buble concert dvd would go down very well for Christmas.

They recorded one of the Aviva gigs - was that ever released on DVD?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Have to say I really enjoyed the concert on Saturday night. O2 was a better size of a venue for Bublé than a stadium. I have seem him in concert a few times and he never disappoints.

The heat in the O2 was unreal, luckily I knew from this thread and dressed accordingly! :D My poor hubbie was sweating though! We were in Block A row 20 which I thought were good enough seats - when we were in the Aviva we were 3/4 of the way back on the pitch. I was a bit peeved off when the tickets for the flat were announced as I bought our tickets in the presale last Dec and then for people to just swan in a few weeks to go and get better tickets :(

Anyway his set list was very very good, great choices on it. My favourite is song for you ("our song") and it annoyed me a bit when he sung without the microphone and people hadn't the respect to STFU and listen to him, just cheering and whistling. Cry me a River was brilliant, it's our son's favourite Buble son. Loved the layout of the stage, he never usually does much with the stage so it was great.

Naturally 7 were great, they make such great sounds, however, I found it difficult to actually hear the lyrical to what they were singing!

When is Bublé coming back?!! I cannot wait to see him again!!

I have been very lucky at any concert I have been to, to be front row or very close. The trick is to never choose "best available" - always choose what section you want, flat seating or stalls if you want to be at the front. Always works for me. Now it didn't work obviously for MB at the O2 because they didn't advertise flat seating! But I kept checking ticketmaster and "best available" suddenly threw up flat seating tickets. I was furious! I rang ticketmaster and they swapped them for me, got 2nd row :) Then just last week I bought a ticket for Saturday and got 3rd row!

Cheers. Thanks for this tip. I've been doing it all wrong. I'll remember this for the next time.

• Advertisement

If you search on Youtube, the whole interview is there with Ray Darcy! Brilliant interview, have watched it about 4 times now! :P

He said that he would have done 20 gigs in London and 10 in Dublin if his wife wasn't pregnant. Hopefully he'll come back even this time next year to play 5 more nights here! I would love that!

I found it last night before going to sleep. I liked his interview and watched it twice so far.

He probably would have sold out 10 nights at the o2 very easily. I read online that Buble was the first musician to play a 5 night run at the o2 Dublin. That's some achievement. I'd say Bono wouldn't even be able to do that.

Another similiar 5 night stint would be cool. I hope next time he comes about we make him bigger and better. Make him break another record or something. A new years even concert at Croker with fireworks galore would be deadly. I'm losing the run of myself here, I know.

Advertisement