Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamer Pub Quiz

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Thread seems to be turning into a pokemon pub quiz now :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

What do you need to give the guard outside saffron city to get him to let you in pokemon firered leafgreen?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Tea?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

cloud493 wrote: »
    What do you need to give the guard outside saffron city to get him to let you in pokemon firered leafgreen?

a voucher for coke and hookers at the saffron city redlight district?

a voucher for coke and hookers at the saffron city redlight district?

I really wish that was the answer. Maybe this is a way to promote Pokemon to adult gamers :pac:.

• Advertisement

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Tea?

Yep :p your go.

In an effort to steer it away from Pokemon for a bit, what 5 videogame characters are referenced on the completion screen of Donkey Kong Country 2?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,828 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Mario, link, yoshi, earthworm jim and sonic.

Who said this about Donkey Kong Country?:

"Donkey Kong Country proves that players will put up with mediocre gameplay as long as the art is good."

I have to agree with him although I'd add that the art is pretty naff as well.

Miyamoto

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,828 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,825 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

How many games are in the Street Fighter series (including the vs/x games)?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Burkey0

A few quickfire questions for yous, probably easy to Google most but don't be a bowsie

1. What nickname did Kane give to the NOD Stealth Tank in C&C 95?

2. What is the name of the Bob-omb admiral partner in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door?

3. Solid Snake and Liquid Snake (and later Solidus Snake) were products of which French-language titled cloning project?

4. Shadow of the Colossus features the adventures of a young man named Wander. What was the name of his horse?

5. In Final Fantasy VI (III in the original US release) what is the name of the deceased girl who Locke mourns and strives desperately to resurrect?

6. What was the first chargeable weapon in the Mega Man series? (tip: it wasn't the Mega Buster from Mega Man 4)

7. In GoldenEye (N64), what, in minutes and seconds, is the time requirement to beat in order to unlock the Invincibility cheat?

8. In the Legend of Zelda series, what does the 'Phantom Shadow Beast' refer to?

9. Soda Lake was a difficult level to find in Super Mario World. What was the name of the enemy that could be found only in this level?

10. In what game would I be fighting a Regenerador?

11. In Tales of Symphonia, what was Dwarven Vow #7?

12. Yoshi returns to Super Mario Galaxy 2, and can change his colours by eating certain fruits. Red Yoshi runs incredibly fast. Blue Yoshi inflates and floats like a balloon. What can Yellow Yoshi do?

13. Black Shadow is frequently the 'villain' in the F-Zero games. What was the name of the man behind this man, who appeared in F-Zero GX?

14. In what series of games can I perform a Shinespark?

15. What game(s) allow me to lock a butler in a freezer?

Some tougher ones

16. The English names of the Mavericks of Mega Man X5 were influenced by...?

17. In Terranigma, who is the Genius?

18. In Final Fantasy VIII, what is Seifer's surname?

19. Spikey Tiger is a tough auld boss in Secret of Mana. What is the name of the witch who kept him as a pet?

20. What message appears when you run over all the Hare Krishnas in a line in GTA1?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Burkey0 wrote: »
    A few quickfire questions for yous, probably easy to Google most but don't be a bowsie

3. Solid Snake and Liquid Snake (and later Solidus Snake) were products of which French-language titled cloning project?
    Les Infants Terrible maybe?

I was only playing it today where his surname is mentioned and now I've forgotten :mad:
    raven....ah feck memory gone to ****

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

1 - Ezekiel's wheel
    not sure of the rest... will mull over em for a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

4. Shadow of the Colossus features the adventures of a young man named Wander. What was the name of his horse?

Agro (playing through remake at moment :))

I presume one of them is Tomb Raider II (during the training level/house). That butler was annoying so locking hime in there was the only way to keep him from following you.

Rest I'm not so sure about! Nice list though.

2. What is the name of the Bob-omb admiral partner in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door? General White

8. In the Legend of Zelda series, what does the 'Phantom Shadow Beast' refer to? Bongo Bongo

9. Soda Lake was a difficult level to find in Super Mario World. What was the name of the enemy that could be found only in this level? Torpedo Ted

12. Yoshi returns to Super Mario Galaxy 2, and can change his colours by eating certain fruits. Red Yoshi runs incredibly fast. Blue Yoshi inflates and floats like a balloon. What can Yellow Yoshi do? Glow in the Dark

13. Black Shadow is frequently the 'villain' in the F-Zero games. What was the name of the man behind this man, who appeared in F-Zero GX? Deathborn

14. In what series of games can I perform a Shinespark? Metroid

Good questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Those the regenerating guys in Resident Evil 4?
    20. What message appears when you run over all the Hare Krishnas in a line in GTA1?

GOURANGA....which is worse when I met a Hare Krishna and was saying it and me trying to keep a straight face....

Of the top of my head I think seifers surname was Almaty or somthing similiar.

5. In Final Fantasy VI (III in the original US release) what is the name of the deceased girl who Locke mourns and strives desperately to resurrect?

Rachel

6. What was the first chargeable weapon in the Mega Man series? (tip: it wasn't the Mega Buster from Mega Man 4)

Atomic Fire in Megaman 2

All named after rockstars

That's all I have

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

What was the original name for Plants vs Zombies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Doodee wrote: »

Get off my lawn you crazy zombies ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

2. What is the name of the Bob-omb admiral partner in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door?

7. In GoldenEye (N64), what, in minutes and seconds, is the time requirement to beat in order to unlock the Invincibility cheat?

8. In the Legend of Zelda series, what does the 'Phantom Shadow Beast' refer to?

9. Soda Lake was a difficult level to find in Super Mario World. What was the name of the enemy that could be found only in this level?

12. Yoshi returns to Super Mario Galaxy 2, and can change his colours by eating certain fruits. Red Yoshi runs incredibly fast. Blue Yoshi inflates and floats like a balloon. What can Yellow Yoshi do?

13. Black Shadow is frequently the 'villain' in the F-Zero games. What was the name of the man behind this man, who appeared in F-Zero GX?

Some tougher ones

19. Spikey Tiger is a tough auld boss in Secret of Mana. What is the name of the witch who kept him as a pet?

Elinee

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

19. Elinee

Keeping with Secret of Mana and the spiky tiger. You fight another version of the spiky tiger later in the game (he is blue). Where do you fight him?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭friend and foe

seifer's surname was Almasy :)

Doodee wrote: »

Lawn of the Dead

Of the top of my head I think seifers surname was Almaty or somthing similiar.
    seifer's surname was Almasy :)

Close enough :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Burkey0

Nice one lads, yous got most of them, answers all here

Ezekiel's Wheel

Admiral Bobbery. General White was the piss-artist who you had to wild-goose-chase around the world :mad:

Les Enfants Terribles

Agro

Rachel

Mega Man 2's Atomic Fire

2:05

Bongo Bongo, boss of OOT's Shadow Temple

Torpedo Ted

Resident Evil 4

"Goodness and love will always win"

Glows in the dark/makes platforms and stuff materialise in the glow

Deathborn

Metroid

Tomb Raider. 2 anyway, possibly 3 as well?

Some tougher ones

Guns 'n' Roses members. Maybe some other rockstars actually

Beruga

Almasy

Elinee
    . And to answer Cunning Alias, the second version is fought
    in the Gold/Light Tower :)

GOURANGA

Well done chaps!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Lawn of the Dead

Bingo!

What factual Irish town is the PS3 game 'Folklore' based. Hint: It's not 'Lemrick'.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    What factual Irish town is the PS3 game 'Folklore' based. Hint: It's not 'Lemrick'.

Doolin?

Advertisement