Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamer Pub Quiz

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Before my time. My first console was a PS1. Never touched an RPG until FFX.
    You're right about Squall. I read somewhere Yaag Rosch was the first character to bleed but that's definitely wrong.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

In what order did you have to speak to the Deku scrubs inside the Deku Tree to reach Gohma?

2, 3, 1 - but I thought you had to deflect deku nuts at them in that order?

In keeping with the N64 - which stained glass window did you have to jump through to access the secret slide in the 1-star room in Mario 64?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

TPD wrote: »
    2, 3, 1 - but I thought you had to deflect deku nuts at them in that order?

In keeping with the N64 - which stained glass window did you have to jump through to access the secret slide in the 1-star room in Mario 64?

The one on the right. Probably my most played game ever.

Easy-ish one I think. What is the name of the third police officer in Tenpenny and Pulaski's crew in GTA San Andreas?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,256 ✭✭✭✭Penn

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    The one on the right. Probably my most played game ever.

Easy-ish one I think. What is the name of the third police officer in Tenpenny and Pulaski's crew in GTA San Andreas?

Hernandez.

Dante's guns in Devil May Cry are Ebony & Ivory. What are Trish's guns called?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Penn wrote: »
    Dante's guns in Devil May Cry are Ebony & Ivory. What are Trish's guns called?

Ombre & Lucy or something along those lines. I really should remember this as I was playing through DMC 2 recently enough, though my memory for these kind of things in patchy at best.

Btw the answer to my question on the other page How many Call of Duty games are there? Including expansions, spinoffs and console/handheld/phone versions.

A staggering
    17 titles
    . :eek: It's what you call really milking a money cow. PS the first Call of Duty was released only in 2003!

So Mr.Saturn was correct with too many :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,256 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Ombre & Lucy or something along those lines. I really should remember this as I was playing through DMC 2 recently enough, though my memory for these kind of things in patchy at best.

Close enough, "Luce and Ombra" (Light & Shadow)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

C'mon, with the next question then, these are good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

why was the original Alien vs Predator considered too hard by americans ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,828 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

In Dark Souls what does the starting gift 'pendant' give the player?

Obscure bonus question: What was the first Shin Megami Tensei game localised to English?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

*enters thread confident of gamer "knowledge".

*reads questions, leaves thread sheepishly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,828 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No Quicksave option, unless by original you mean the atari jaguar or Capcom game that came before it. Also those americans were right. I neve got off the third level of that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Because they're wimps?

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    No Quicksave option, unless by original you mean the atari jaguar or Capcom game that came before it. Also those americans were right. I neve got off the third level of that game.

Ya got it right, I had ment the pc version. I gad forgotten about those two. The american version got the save feature patched in.

It certainly was hard, fun though, especially in mp :D

I'm pretty sure all versions were patched with quicksave?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I'm pretty sure all versions were patched with quicksave?

I bought the Classic 2000 version. You can save a few times per level (depending on difficulty) at any time.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

something more recent : In the mass effect series, what is Aria's real name?

wasn't it just Aria T'Loak, or did ye mean Carrie-Anne Moss?

edit: Oh that's a nasty question - if you didn't get the dialogue option for it you'd never even notice!

Indeed, you have to do particular things in both mass effect 1 and 2 to find out :)... And even if you did get the option in two, without the context from 1, you'll never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

*Waits for questions such as: "What is Luigi's brother's name in the Super Mario series".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

quarryman wrote: »
    *Waits for questions such as: "What is Luigi's brother's name in the Super Mario series".

You've already missed out on that one ;) (although that could be either brother!)
    Banjo wrote: »
    here you go - one for the under-24 mainstream market!

What is the name of nintendo's princess saving italian plumber?

complete the console name : Play________

what 3 letter word starting with G describes a kind of projectile weapon loved by Master chief?

Happy now? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think being able to answer Mario Mario to that is the only chance I have of any of these questions. :)

Indeed, you have to do particular things in both mass effect 1 and 2 to find out :)... And even if you did get the option in two, without the context from 1, you'll never know.

Wrex's bird - alina/aleena something like that? They dont specificlly say it's her, but the clues in the dialogue in me and me2 suggest it is. "Better luck next time"

:) man, you're a nasty quizmaester :D

Bioware, we all know them for their RPGs and their occassional forays into other genres like with MDK2. However Bioware didn't always make games. What did Bioware do before they made games?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Bioware, we all know them for their RPGs and their occassional forays into other genres like with MDK2. However Bioware didn't always make games. What did Bioware do before they made games?

It must be something to do with medicine or something similar, surely.

Wrex's bird - alina/aleena something like that? They dont specificlly say it's her, but the clues in the dialogue in me and me2 suggest it is. "Better luck next time"

:) man, you're a nasty quizmaester :D

and thats it :) well done

Deano7788 wrote: »
    It must be something to do with medicine or something similar, surely.

Yup. Programs with applications in the medical field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Heres one every gamer should know;)

In Pokemon Red/Blue where was the pokemon Missingno located and what happened when you beat him?

bioware always made games, however its founders came up with the money for it from programming medical computer applications

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Heres one every gamer should know;)

In Pokemon Red/Blue where was the pokemon Missingno located and what happened when you beat him?

Cinnabar Island, after talking to the old man in Viridian. Very little, beyond messing up your Hall of Fame registry, and the sixth item in your inventory hits 127. Missingno is also available, like every other Pokemon, via tinkering with the Mew glitch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Cinnabar Island, after talking to the old man in Viridian. Very little, beyond messing up your Hall of Fame registry, and the sixth item in your inventory hits 127. Missingno is also available, like every other Pokemon, via tinkering with the Mew glitch.

Correct. The missingno glitch was probably one of the few schoolyard myths that turned out to be true.:pac:

Advertisement