Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'flegs' thing...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I came across my first fleg protest this evening. It was a white line protest but the traffic was tailed back for quite a bit as everyone had to slow to a crawl to get past them. You have to admire their perseverance but I don't think it's going to gain anything other than get the ball rolling early for trouble over the marching season.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,002 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

You're right it will not achieve what they want, if anything I think the loyalist community is coming out of it very badly. Everyone is fed up with it now and its only the real hardliners who are keeping it alive, most moderate loyalists' support has faded.

The flag ain't going back up, end of, so the protests are pointless and this has the potential to turn into another Garvaghy Road, with a small number still protesting years after the event, simply because they don't want to be seen to be backing down.

Advertisement