Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applelectronics

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 thomas9

dinneenp wrote: »
    Don't forget to apply online on your VAT back from them. I didn't need a photocopy or anything, just e-mailed them (or though a form in their site) and they refunded it the next day.

I thought it's VAT free? Will check their website again once at home. Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭dinneenp

thomas9 wrote: »
    I thought it's VAT free? Will check their website again once at home. Thx

Sorry...my fault. They say on the website you can get 'caught' for VAT. If this happens they'll remiburse it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

dinneenp, how do you get caught for VAT?

I know onestopdigital aren't registered for VAT, so is it a case you get a call from customs reguesting payment over the phone before they'll let the product through?

And is the VAT a percentage of the cost of the order?

Just trying to understand how this works.

I'll send you a PM with details

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

dinneenp wrote: »
    I'll send you a PM with details

please share the gist!

• Advertisement

M5 wrote: »
    please share the gist!

I bought a lens for lens from them, it was a few years ago so don't remember everything perfectly.
    Think I might have gotten call from customs, or else when it wa being delivered told about it.
    There'a was a 'customs charge letter, with cutom number, parcel number etc

Their website states if you have to pay VAT to email them with details and photocopy of VAT receipt and they'll reimburse immediately. Which they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 thomas9

Got my camera from onestop-digital, very good service and fast delivery, no vat, price on the website was price i paid. Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

I got the lens I ordered from One Stop, no hassle, and really fast.

I went to One Stop again this week to purchase the 6D at 1300 euros. I had it in my cart, wanted to pay the next day. It was no longer in my cart and now cost 1420 euro. I emailed them about this unfair business, but they replied that can no longer offer at 1300 euro.

Very disappointing. So I want to purchase it of Appletronics now, but I am not sure if they guarantee no import duty. Their website says door to door price, but that can still mean the postman can ask me to pay duty at my door, no?

Thinking of getting the 6D off Appletronic now. Looks good to me. http://www.applelectronic.com/canon-eos-6d-camera-body-983.html

I got the Canon 6D at Applelectronic, here is my experience.

http://semmickphoto.com/2013/09/15/canon-6d-at-applelectronic/

It was a good one. Definately worth to check it out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement