Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applelectronics

Options
  • 08-12-2012 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of or had dealings with these:
    http://www.applelectronic.com/
    Prices seem too good to be true.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Loki98 wrote: »
    Prices seem too good to be true.

There's your answer right there.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

People say the same about Simply Electronics so maybe they are Asia based and hence able to sell for cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Loki98

I took a chance and ordered a Canon 650D and 18-55 kit lens because I could pay through Paypal. It was ordered on the 21st Dec and arrived today.
    There's one happy camper this Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭sebphoto

I took a chance and ordered a Canon 650D and 18-55 kit lens because I could pay through Paypal. It was ordered on the 21st Dec and arrived today.
    There's one happy camper this Christmas.

They issue VAT invoices?

I'm not going there

• Advertisement

I'm not going there

What do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

I think Loki is trying to say he/she is not going to get drawn into a VAT/Import tax style thread ...where people say you must declare it and pay up !!

or maybe he/she has been hit with a VAT/Import tax bill after the item was delivered - something which they may not have anticipated and which brought the price paid upto a similar amount compared to other online stores...he/she maybe doesn't want to have that not nice memory brought up !!

(I'm speculating)

if you can save money on a purchase ...do it...but shopping around is the best way - personally I order my items from germany/england/scotland and Nordyland - all legit online stores or actual bricks'n'mortar shops. (for example you can save almost 1K on a Canon 5D mkIII or a 1DX between purchasing up north compared to buying in a camera shop in Ireland)

Corkbah,
    You got in your first paragraph.
    I'd never heard of them before but I took a chance and I was very pleased with the service. The price on their website was the price paid.

Corkbah wrote: »
    [...]
    for example you can save almost 1K on a Canon 5D mkIII or a 1DX between purchasing up north compared to buying in a camera shop in Ireland)

Could you send some links to those stores?

I always need a VAT invoice and I didn't think about avoiding import duty, but we're in EU and you won't pay import duty if you buy something from other EU countries.

What is more interesting is their answer on my e-mail:
    We can't issue VAT invoice because we do not have VAT account.

I simply don't get it.

Furthermore on their website next to each and every price there's information "Tax Included". I'm wondering what does it mean?

Corkbah,
    You got in your first paragraph.
    I'd never heard of them before but I took a chance and I was very pleased with the service. The price on their website was the price paid.

Do you know country of origin?
    In other words do you know from where they have sent the package ?
    Did they give you any receipt?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

Loki could you track the package? did it require a signature on delivery?

• Advertisement

Yes and yes, it arrived DHL

Yes and yes, it arrived DHL

Would you be so kind to tell us whether the receipt has been attached to the parcel?
    Also do you know from where they have sent the package ?

What are you trying to achieve with this?

What are you trying to achieve with this?

No offense. I asked out of a curiousity. Didn't know that it's a secret. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

I am about to order a 5DMKII there. Few things that tell me they are ok

1. PayPal. If you pay with PayPal, you are protected for any scams etc. They wont offer PayPal if they have bad intentions on the long run and PayPal would take them down if they get too many chargebacks, ACH returns and buyer complaints.

2. Read their FAQ. Q: Do I have to pay for any import duties or tax? A: Our price is door to door price, which inclusive all charges until delivery to your door side. No hidden charge.

3. Q: How does the warranty work? A: As products are being imported from overseas, the Original Warranty may not work with your local dealer but Applelectronic does cover your item with our 12 months warranty as good as the Original Warranty. Simply view the Warranty for your reference.

4. Furthermore they have phone numbers and email listed on the site.

Its like Simply Electronics, only better as they take care of import duties.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,118 ✭✭✭dinneenp

It could be legit.
    Phone them and see if they answer.

But there's scam even if you pay with paypal.
    another thing could be that they take money, never give you the camera, refund you eventually (months later) but they've made money by having your money.

a good site is http://www.onestop-digital.com/, not 'too good to be true cheap' but cheapish. I bought a lens from them, e-mailed them the vat amount and they had it in my account the next day.
    your camera body there for GBP £1,366.79

dinneenp wrote: »
    It could be legit.
    Phone them and see if they answer.

But there's scam even if you pay with paypal.
    another thing could be that they take money, never give you the camera, refund you eventually (months later) but they've made money by having your money.

a good site is http://www.onestop-digital.com/, not 'too good to be true cheap' but cheapish. I bought a lens from them, e-mailed them the vat amount and they had it in my account the next day.
    your camera body there for GBP £1,366.79

No, they cant do that, because if you open a NR or SNAD case with PayPal you get your money back in 10 days. PayPal offer seller protection so the merchant cant feck with you.

By the way, one stop digital do not offer door to door prices, you still need to pay import and tax. Simply Electronics, Panamoz and Appletronics offer at door to door prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

Anyone got an opinion on Panamoz? I'm thinking of buying a lens from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lcx

Poncke wrote: »
    I am about to order a 5DMKII there.
    Did you get the camera? Any issues with order?

• Advertisement

lcx wrote: »
    Did you get the camera? Any issues with order?

Nope. Changed my mind, going for the 6D. But first I am going to buy the 24-70mm USM II there in about 1 week. Will let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 thomas9

Anybody finally ordered something from them? Any news?
    I placed order and after 5 days i finally get replay from them - my camera is out of stock i was waiting 5 days to hear that from them, several emails send, post on their Facebook website and nothing yet- communication is very bad or should i say there is no communication at all. I give them one more day than start dispute through paypal. If anyone has some info, experience with them could you pls share here, at the moment it's only bad experience for me.

There is few things you need to know about Applelectronic.
    I can't say it's scam but I was nearly sure it is but now when they refund all my cash i don't know what to think.
    And here is my story
    I ordered Lumix LX7 digital camera from Applelectronic item was never dispatched, very poor communication with seller - after 5 days i got answer (after several emails send, and post on their facebook website) that my product was not available and i was ask do i want to replacement .When i agreed i still didn't received anything and status of the order was never changed. Applelectronic official website has misleading informations about product availability as Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Black is showing as a available product which is not. Applelectronic business activity is very suspicious the owner of the website is using a service to hide their identity.
    You will find few positive review of them like:
    http://au.trustpilot.com/review/applelectronic.com
    Don't believe them, contact with them is nearly impossible, once you pay your money good luck you on your own – chat window on their website is always red (offline) i check it many times during middle of the night, day etc.
    I opened dispute through the paypal, and few second later email came from Applelectronic that i got refund, and guess what – they charge me 11 euro of adjustment fee!!!
    I haven't seen any money yet, but certainly i will not leave that case like that, even when i will get most of my money back i will make sure everyone will hear and it will cost them more than 11 euro. Overall it was very bad experience. (update on 23/05/13 they refunded all my cash also 11 euro)
    Check links below:
    http://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/applelectronic.com

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130214141304AAwD3ow

@thomas9- was it recently you ordered?
    I bought one in the USA for baout $210, a friend living there brought it home with him. Some great bargains on it in the USA at the moment.

@thomas9- was it recently you ordered?
    I bought one in the USA for baout $210, a friend living there brought it home with him. Some great bargains on it in the USA at the moment.

Yes recently, i ordered on 15/05/13. Yes i know about USA but due to this guys i lost my cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Been looking at the onestopdigital website.
    Didn't think a 3-4 day delivery from Hong Kong was even possible.

Thinking of purchasing a lens from Top T via Amazon, has anyone any experience of buying from them?

poundhound wrote: »
    Been looking at the onestopdigital website.
    Didn't think a 3-4 day delivery from Hong Kong was even possible.

Thinking of purchasing a lens from Top T via Amazon, has anyone any experience of buying from them?

I'm thinking about one stop digital also, just got my full refund from applelectronic, they just waste may time... Not going near them. One stop digital is well established I think they are on the market since 2004 o i read some good reviews.

I used onestopdigital, very happy with them.
    Delivery was extremely quick and got vat refunded by them the next day.
    Several other people here have dealt with them and been happy

I used onestopdigital, very happy with them.
    Delivery was extremely quick and got vat refunded by them the next day.
    Several other people here have dealt with them and been happy

Thx for that i will do same thing as they prices are really good.

• Advertisement

thomas9 wrote: »
    Thx for that i will do same thing as they prices are really good.

Don't forget to apply online on your VAT back from them. I didn't need a photocopy or anything, just e-mailed them (or though a form in their site) and they refunded it the next day.

Advertisement