Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed

Options
  • 08-12-2012 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

This would be the most recommended option for a starter kit. Has a video too showing how it works. Wingnuts has a ryc10 juice you can pick from the wingnuts range which is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

The best tobacco juices are the House of Liquid ones from the same site DirtyBollox linked. Get some Puros Naturales into you. Really good stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

The kit Dirtybollix recomended is excellent.

As for flavours, well you can waste a lot of your money on the fancy stuff.

Try the 50ml bottles of RY4 from the same firm.

I've been using it for the last week or so & find it perfectably acceptable.

12.50 a bottle & will keep you going for a good fortnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

The recomended kit is very good and I use it at home myself but the one you found yourself looks OK too. I've not tried your one, but if I was starting out I think I might go for it. I've settled on the Ovale kit because it's handy for going out (I use the other one at home). It's almost twice the price, but if you're in Dublin you can drop into the shop on Gardiner Street and give it a go. I'd suggest starting on the higher nicotine level juice and working your way down after a few months if you want to reduce your nicotine intake. I'm seven months into vaping, but was using Greensmoke for most of that, which is an easy-to-use solution but nowhere near as satisfying as the suggestions you'll find on this forum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I got the kangertwist kit last week,haven't touched a smoke since so i guess that pretty much sums up how good it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Is there any decent ones you'd recommend that's a bit smaller (cigarette style)? Something like this or this one.

Some people find them OK, but I've seen more people being turned off ecigs for good due to the bad impression they made (I used a few for over a year and then gave up ecigs for over 2 years due to realizing they were utter crap and more hassle than they were worth).

The problem with the smaller Ecigs is primarily that the batteries Suck beyond belief and you are generally restricted to the types of juice that will work properly at the lower temperatures (thick tasty ones are a no-no) , restricted to the type of carto/clearomizer and then the amount of juice they hold is minuscule and vapour production and throat hit is not nearly as good - you need to carry spares of everything or you'll be back buying a pack of Johnny red in no time.

Making the move away from really cigs should IMHO be about changing your habits, not keeping exactly the same ones with a different medium. When you use an Ego or something slightly bigger than a real cig your brain starts to tell you "this is different - but it tastes good", physical size will begin to make no difference especially if you get a lanyard you can hang it round your neck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

was.deevey is right about the battery life but those ones come with portable charging cases so that won't be as much of an issue, and the aio does come with a pretty snazzy cig box looking one

the main issue is the peformance just wont be as good as the kanger set, but it'd probably do

the kanger set does look uite big (and it is tbh) but you'll get used to it very quickly, everyone does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Right lads been having a look around and tbh there is a serious amount of info,
    I'm looking to get started and have seen a few kits over on e-smokeireland.eu

I've a couple of questions re the starter packs as ive see a few and im lost tbh.
    €62
    http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/kangtwist.htm

€35 - (13 euro off)
    http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/xldcc.htm

€35 - (13 euro off)
    http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/dccmegakit.htm

€39
    http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/voltstarter.htm

€48
    http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/nonjoetechego-c.htm

Can someone explain the pro's and cons of these and why id be better off going for 1 over the other? What does the kit for 62 euro do that the 1's for 35 euro cant?

Many thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 25 prudentkelly

Here's interesting offer:
    http://e-smoke.ie/epages/950002445.sf/en_IE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950002445/Products/%22eGo-C%201000mAh%20Starter%20Kit%20in%20Black[1]%22
    Myself and my friends bought from them and we are very satisfied. I would recommend you Joyetech brand, the best quality and tank system + replacement heater is easy and just great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

The Kanger/Twist kit has everything you need (the others don't have juice etc) and will last. The kangers are prob one of the easiest things to use - simply screw off the cap (or coil of T3) and pour juice in. The batteries are the ones you twist the bottom to adjust the power you want (the other kits don't have this variable voltage). Remember to enter 'boards' in the coupon field and you'll get 10% off.

The DCC/Mega DCC kits are great - very similar to what I started with but at first as a newbie they can be a bit tricky to fill. Too much juice and it floods. Too little and you get a burning taste you'll never get rid of.

The volt kit is supposed to be a good little kit (I've no personal experience though) but the batteries aren't as good as the other kits.

The Ego C again is a good kit but too fiddly for me and too many little bits to assemble (and it doesn't have the variable voltage of the twist and no juice included).

Here's interesting offer:
    http://e-smoke.ie/epages/950002445.sf/en_IE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950002445/Products/%22eGo-C%201000mAh%20Starter%20Kit%20in%20Black[1]%22
    Myself and my friends bought from them and we are very satisfied. I would recommend you Joyetech brand, the best quality and tank system + replacement heater is easy and just great.

that is almost double the price of the one he linked himself....

seriously I was being pretty generous up until now but there's almost no way you are not the owner of that site just pimping yourself

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I can't prove it one way or another but I'll say it now prudentkelly. Please do not link to that site again. I don't appreciate posters being sent to an over priced online shop. You are welcome to post here as long as you are not pushing that site anymore. If it does pan out that you are associated with that site then you get a permanent ban and the site itself will be black listed (as it should be anyway with those prices) which means everyone on this forum will be told not to shop there and to tell their friends not to shop there.

Regardless of your association with them or not I would urge all people on this forum to never spend a cent on e-smoke.ie since there are many cheaper options.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

but, but... it's the best quality and tank system + replacement heater is easy and just great!

The price of the Ego-C kit, with a lanyard, 70ml of juice and two needle bottles would likely come to about 80EUR anyway on any other irish vendors online shop, the insulting part is that they're calling it a 'christmas promotion'.

hrm

i suppose with the juice it's actually not a terrible price. and it is a 1000mah kit as opposed to esi's 650mah

but still, it's only because of the free juice that it's a decent price. it was the same price sans free juice a few weeks ago iirc and that was terrible. as it stands it's a reasonable price, nothing terribly good about it and it's about the only reasonable offer i've seen on that site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

hrm

i suppose with the juice it's actually not a terrible price. and it is a 1000mah kit as opposed to esi's 650mah

but still, it's only because of the free juice that it's a decent price. it was the same price sans free juice a few weeks ago iirc and that was terrible. as it stands it's a reasonable price, nothing terribly good about it and it's about the only reasonable offer i've seen on that site

They've got to you haven't they! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Could just be that the company you bought from charged the batteries before sending it out, some do and some dont

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

hmmm.. fair enough if they take it out of the box to test batteries before shipping or something, but something looking blatently used i'd be asking for it to be replaced.

• Advertisement

Yurp.
    The T3 has a vape that might be too cool for some, but I've found it more flavourful and with none of the wicking problems that the T2 has.
    Can be prone to a verrrrry slooooooow drip leak from the bottom.
    An extra inch of length. The weight isn't really discernible.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭W0bble5

Quick question on this. Is there much difference between the Kanger clearomizers and heads and the Ego-c ones?

I've been using smoke green up till now and want go go for something that I don't have to change the cartos and batteries a few times a day and get more choice of flavours.

Suppose the best way to find out is to go for the standard Ego-C kit and get a couple of Kanger clearomizers as well to compare! Just wondering what the biggest differences would be before I order?

And any suggestionson what juice to go for? Been vaping the menthol smoke greens. They're ok when you open them up fresh but bland after a few drags.

The eGo cartridges have to be topped up a lot more than Kangers. Taste wasn't as good for me with the older eGo atties, but the C-type may be better.

If you're really curious about the eGo C atty, I'd get the Kangertwist starter set and buy and add an eGo atty to that kit. Or you could just get a couple more Kangers for the price.
    Makes more sense to me, plus you get a free Wingnut's sample pack. 5 delicious juices? Yeahuh.

As for juices, do you want to avoid minty/menthol vapes or would you prefer tobacco vape or fruity vapes?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭W0bble5

Good point. Is there much difference in size of the Kanger to the Ego-C one? I'd prefer something smaller during the day & don't care how big it is (within reason) for at home.

Re juices - I'm pretty open. Not a huge fan of extra strong tobacco ones, I'd prefer mint or fruit ones so a sample of juices would be good until I find one I love!!

I'll order them next week - thanks for the advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭donkey oatey

Minty fruit juice wise I love vampires kiss. If it's clear when you get it, wait until it turns yellow and then try it. Oh so yum!

jesus, she's not wrong

I wasnt impressed with the vampires kiss at all when I got it, so threw it in the drawer to leave it steep. checked after reading donkeys post and it had turned yellow so threw it in the bulli.... it's quite tasty.

its not that it wasnt that nice when I first got it, it's just it was pretty much all menthol with a hint of fruitness.. they've blended nicely now

W0bble5 wrote: »
    Good point. Is there much difference in size of the Kanger to the Ego-C one? I'd prefer something smaller during the day & don't care how big it is (within reason) for at home.

Re juices - I'm pretty open. Not a huge fan of extra strong tobacco ones, I'd prefer mint or fruit ones so a sample of juices would be good until I find one I love!!

I'll order them next week - thanks for the advice!

It's a a long time since I've had an eGo atty in hand, but I think the Kanger might be around 1cm longer - can't be certain which of the two is longer though.

Juice: Swedish Fish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

The eGo-C is a much more robust piece of kit than the clearomisers. It's SS so it threads on well and looks very tidy. You'll only need to change the atty head every couple of weeks, if that. I used one for ages when I started vaping. I could never get on with clearo's due to leaking, flooding or burnt taste. Generally found them pretty poor. Other people love them though to be fair. I like neatness, robustness and good reliable performance and it delivered that for me.

If I was to recommend the eGo-C I'd go for the type B as it holds 2ml and the flavour is better than the type A.

• Advertisement

Advertisement