Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Potato two Potato - New all you can eat buffet

Options
  • 06-12-2012 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

I was thinking of going... Has anyone been and is it any good?
    Thanks~

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

I've been, it's ok for what it is, if you like indian/chinese food then it's for you. There are no creature comforts but it is a bargain if you're hungry. The mango yoghurt drink is nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

food is nice, but I'd say is closer to that you can actually try on the streets when you're abroad than in a typical restaurant
    been there once but tried everything, if you like that kind of cuisine that's definitely a place to go. plus the folks working there are really nice
    I will be back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

okay! I will go ^.^ I'm glad it's nice because I love that kind of food and always wanted to go to an all you can eat buffet~
    Thanks for the feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Would the Indian food be hot n spicy? Vegetarian options?

Lots of Vegetarian options, there was a salad bar thing when I was in there. The ones I had weren't overly spicy.

• Advertisement

not really hot to be honest

Thanks lads. I'll just have to bring in my own spices :D

oh, and there's jelly!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

They have a separate counter with plenty of spices. I'm not a big fan of anything too spicy so i just worked away without them.
    I liked what i had anyway, didn't try enough tho. I'll be returning on Sunday to try out some more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Where is this restaurant and what is it called? Surely its not called one potato two potato???

• Advertisement

Might be good to go there prior to the rugby match.

Where is this restaurant and what is it called? Surely its not called one potato two potato???

Lower William Street. Where the Polish coffee shop used to be. Across from Boots.

Yes it's called one potato, two potato :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

For vegetarian option theres not much, just an indian curry with potato peas and carrots, also the spinach paneer, a few onion bhaji's and wedges. Food was warm, friendly people working there though

padma wrote: »
    For vegetarian option theres not much, just an indian curry with potato peas and carrots, also the spinach paneer, a few onion bhaji's and wedges. Food was warm, friendly people working there though

Some rice and naan bread thrown in and I'll be more than happy :D

Do they have lassi?

I don't think so, but they have a nice dessert there, some orange stuff looks like turnip mashed and some white milky noodle type pudding

Thanks padma.

As long as the dessert doesn't taste like turnip.

its a funny taste with sultanas and sweet too, but nice fare.. the two together mixed are nice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Is it reasonable price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I went there last week. The meat in the curries has way too many bones for my liking. I shoved all the bones to the side and went for the spicy mince with the peas which was quite tasty.

• Advertisement

campo wrote: »
    Is it reasonable price

It's €7.99 for all you can eat, it doesn't get more reasonable than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Do you have to book a time or just arrive whenever
    sorry about all the questios but plan to go there this weekend and try it out

You just show up, if there's a seat it's yours.

I went there last week. The meat in the curries has way too many bones for my liking. I shoved all the bones to the side and went for the spicy mince with the peas which was quite tasty.

that's what I was saying earlier, it's certainly not restaurant-grade food, nevertheless it tastes fantastic :)

fl4pj4ck wrote: »

that's what I was saying earlier, it's certainly not restaurant-grade food, nevertheless it tastes fantastic :)

Twouldnt be the greatest but tis grand for a quick lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Limerick west

Most of the new businesses in Limerick are cafes, resturants and pubs. Eat and drink syndrome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i hear the stray dog population is down in limerick

hmmmm

(only kiddin)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Are they the company that has the guy and girl walking around by Debenhams holding up a sign saying 7.99?

Have noticed the sign and the price on it, but was unable to read the smaller print due to moving traffic.

• Advertisement

yup

Advertisement