Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ni No Kuni: Wrath Of The White Witch

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Has anyone been able to pick this up in Dublin? I was up in newry today couldn't find it anywhere.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

cloud493 wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to pick this up in Dublin? I was up in newry today couldn't find it anywhere.

The square in Tallaght had loads of copies at 17:30 yesterday.

Is that gamestop?

Is that gamestop?

It is. €59.99.

Cheers for that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

I got it from GameStop. The price is 59.99. They also have an offer when you trade in 2 games from a list you get it for it for 9.99.

I went down to XtraVision and bought Batman: Arkham Asylum and Fifa Street for 15 each and traded them in! So I got it for 39.99!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

jenno86 wrote: »
    I got it from GameStop. The price is 59.99. They also have an offer when you trade in 2 games from a list you get it for it for 9.99.

I went down to XtraVision and bought Batman: Arkham Asylum and Fifa Street for 15 each and traded them in! So I got it for 39.99!
    Is the list online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

ShaneU wrote: »
    Is the list online?
    http://www.gamestop.ie/tradelist

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Called 4 gamestops near me, all sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Amazon are quoting the 19th to be re-stocked. I'd say there will be a record number of downloads from the ps store for a full priced game. I'm just glad it wasn't 69.99 like they usually price them.

I hope developers start seeing the demand for some classic JRPG's. I have never seen a game this hard to track down upon release.

• Advertisement

Gamestop in Tallaght out of stock. And in town as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,971 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

blaa85 wrote: »
    I hope developers start seeing the demand for some classic JRPG's. I have never seen a game this hard to track down upon release.

I'd say it's a combination of factors. The game bombed in japan, JRPGs haven't done well this gen on consoles and Namco Bandai have a habit of not meeting demand for their niche games. You can bet there'll be a reprint. Would be great to see it top of the charts.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,314 ✭✭✭✭noodler

F1ngers wrote: »
    The square in Tallaght had loads of copies at 17:30 yesterday.
    Is that gamestop?
    F1ngers wrote: »
    It is. €59.99.

Quick disclaimer:

I was in GS Henry St on Friday evening.

There were 10 copies on the shelve but they all had a small sticker on them which said "out of stock..coming back soon".

I initially thought there were plenty of them in stock as well.

I got it :D had to go to blanchardstown for it, but I got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'd say it's a combination of factors. The game bombed in japan, JRPGs haven't done well this gen on consoles and Namco Bandai have a habit of not meeting demand for their niche games. You can bet there'll be a reprint. Would be great to see it top of the charts.

Any idea why the DS version sold so well in Japan then, I think it outsold the PS3 version nearly 10/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

I didn't know it bombed in Japan. Was just having a read up of it there, only sold 40% of stock. They probably deliberately fecked up the orders over here so they could see 100% sold of initial stock!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Xenji wrote: »
    Any idea why the DS version sold so well in Japan then, I think it outsold the PS3 version nearly 10/1.

Japan is predominantly a handheld playing country. They're much more popular there than home consoles.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

PS3 version came late too, so most people who were interested likely had picked up the DS version. Sold well enough but the even the DS game was heavily discounted soon after release which isn't quite as common in Japan as it would be over here.

Loving the game so far anyway. Only finished in Ding Dong but already think the battle system is proving engaging (although after playing Disgaea games can't help but feel hard done by when I only get 10 XP!). The presentation is near peerless, but Joe Hisaishi's soundtrack is proving particularly wonderful. As a long time fan of his work with Ghibli and Kitano, delighted to see his compositions making a smooth transition to another medium!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Really enjoying the game so far, it looks stunning and the gameplay is nicley balanced between story and action parts. One thing though, does anyone else find the dialogue goes missing when talking to characters?

noodler wrote: »
    There were 10 copies on the shelve but they all had a small sticker on them which said "out of stock..coming back soon".

I initially thought there were plenty of them in stock as well.

There were plenty at the time I stated, that's when I bought mine, picked it off the shelf - at that time there were approx 20 still there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,971 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Xenji wrote: »

The DS version bombed even worse. It was a massive disaster, think it sold less than 4000 in it's opening week. It probably go more sales a month later since it was in the 500 yen bargain bins.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How come the ds version was never released over here or in the states?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

How come the ds version was never released over here or in the states?

Apparently there were issues translating the book that came with it.

Then they went and included a translated book with the special edition of the PS3 version, so maybe there were other issues that they didn't reveal.

Well it bombed in japan and relied on an expensive to make pack in book and by the time it was ready for release piracy had gutted the DS market. Pity because I hear it's much better than the PS3 game and going by the PS3 games sales could have done well.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

Has anyone reached
    Drippy's hometown
    yet? What did they call it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

cdb wrote: »
    Really enjoying the game so far, it looks stunning and the gameplay is nicley balanced between story and action parts. One thing though, does anyone else find the dialogue goes missing when talking to characters?
    As in, you have subtitles on and if you press X it skips them actually saying it? I turned off subtitles because of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The DS version bombed even worse. It was a massive disaster, think it sold less than 4000 in it's opening week. It probably go more sales a month later since it was in the 500 yen bargain bins.

Eh it actually sold over 170,000 copies in its first week and had sales of 500,000 3 months later.

http://gamasutra.com/view/news/32060/Monster_Hunter_Holds_Off_Ni_No_Kunis_Premiere_In_Japanese_Charts.php

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/03/21/ni-no-kuni-over-500000-in-sales-says-level-5-ceo/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Not sure where you're getting any of these figures from. Was just about to post the links above. The DS version came second in the Japanese charts on release week, and the PS3 third. Of course, they may not have sold as well as expected - PS3 particularly, but then again it seems to be pretty much the same game as the DS - but 'bombed' is a little strong. A slowburner, but not an outright flop. Siliconera put together an article about the sales in Japan overall: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/11/26/a-little-more-insight-into-ni-no-kunis-japanese-sales-on-playstation-3/

Also, a 500 yen bargain bin in Japan a month after release? Think at least four or five times that, and at 2,500 yen it would be a pretty spectacular bargain going by Japanese retail prices :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Pushtrak wrote: »
    As in, you have subtitles on and if you press X it skips them actually saying it? I turned off subtitles because of this.
    Subtitles are off but the text is displayed instead of hearing the characters speak if you know what I mean. X button displays all.
    I had subtitles on initially so wonder if it is a hangover from this. Will toggle it again, just wondering if anyone else had noticed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Not sure where you're getting any of these figures from. Was just about to post the links above. The DS version came second in the Japanese charts on release week, and the PS3 third. Of course, they may not have sold as well as expected - PS3 particularly, but then again it seems to be pretty much the same game as the DS - but 'bombed' is a little strong. A slowburner, but not an outright flop. Siliconera put together an article about the sales in Japan overall: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/11/26/a-little-more-insight-into-ni-no-kunis-japanese-sales-on-playstation-3/

Also, a 500 yen bargain bin in Japan a month after release? Think at least four or five times that, and at 2,500 yen it would be a pretty spectacular bargain going by Japanese retail prices :pac:
    Sure, but Level 5 completely over shipped it and over estimated returns. Game didn't do anywhere close to what they were expecting.

Advertisement