Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad mini Availability [Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mikealmadar

Just got notification of dispatch. Delivery no later than 18/12/12 (ordered on 6th Dec)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 livers

just wondering if theres any stock updates from currys??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

iPad mini was supposed to be delivered today but according to TNT there seems to be some delay with it. Tracking isn't the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pakaao

I tried a lot of stores in Ireland and a copule in the UK but all were out of stock and did not know when the iPad mini would be available again. I took a chance to order from the apple store (4th Dec) and was given a delivery date of 28th Dec but I ordered it anyway.
    Today 12th Dec I received a shipment notification confirming delivery on or before Dec 19th:D

Perhaps product is starting to appear again,

WPK

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Gosh, just what this forum needs...ANOTHER iPad Mini availability thread...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 pakaao

Looks like someone is missing a little bit of Christmas cheer - one of the features of this site is all the information posted isn't for you smallpaul

Ho ho ho:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,039 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

pakaao wrote: »
    Looks like someone is missing a little bit of Christmas cheer - one of the features of this site is all the information posted isn't for you smallpaul

Ho ho ho:D

Yes but all you had to do was look at the TWO other threads on the same issue.

Oh yeah...nice first posts on this site. You'll really fit in with that attitude...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

DubDJ wrote: »
    iPad mini was supposed to be delivered today but according to TNT there seems to be some delay with it. Tracking isn't the best.

Same here they must be in the same batch. Maybe tomorrow.

Same here they must be in the same batch. Maybe tomorrow.

"Connection Delay. Recovery Actions Underway" is what they're giving me. Glad I ordered well in advance as its a christmas present. Wouldn't like it to happen closer to the date. :D

• Advertisement

"Connection Delay. Recovery Actions Underway" is what they're giving me. Glad I ordered well in advance as its a christmas present. Wouldn't like it to happen closer to the date. :D

Arrived in Dublin at 9:04am but doesnt say it will be delivered today. You would imagine
    they would try to get a delayed shipment delivered as quickly as possible, have to wait and see

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Would I be crazy to order one right now for my son Xmas present? :o

IrishHomer wrote: »

Yes as you wont get it before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Yes as you wont get it before Christmas.

Pity my local Expert store had me waiting over a week as they said they were due a shipment yesterday but it never arrived. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

IrishHomer wrote: »

Well you could give it a try, if you order online you can cancel up to the moment your order status says "preparing for shipment". (Use your apple ID when you order, it's easier to cancel if you do).
    While you wait for apple to ship you can try and get it elsewhere, if you do you just cancel the online order...

Arrived in Dublin at 9:04am but doesnt say it will be delivered today. You would imagine
    they would try to get a delayed shipment delivered as quickly as possible, have to wait and see

Mine arrived 9.07 and it's out for delivery now since about 10.15. Seems both of ours were on the same pallet so yours will most likely be out for delivery too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 livers

i just gave in and ordered through apple - wont get a 16gb white one in shops thats for sure before christmas...
    delivery date 4th of jan which is longer than the 2 weeks!

livers wrote: »
    i just gave in and ordered through apple - wont get a 16gb white one in shops thats for sure before christmas...
    delivery date 4th of jan which is longer than the 2 weeks!

Because of the Christmas/New Years though. Expect delays on anything you order.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 CeebzB

Hi there,

I am wanting to buy an iPad Mini for my son for Christmas. I went into Compub yesterday and they said that they were completely out of stock and had been for a while and didn't know when they were going to get anymore. SO... I thought about getting it of the Apple website but it says it has a 2-3 week shipping time and then 1-3 working days to get here. Does it actually take that long or are they just saying that. Does anybody have any clue how long it actually takes!
    Thanks it would be a great help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Getting your hands on an iPad mini this close to Christmas will be difficult as its very new tech. (well its outdated tech, but "new" from apple with added spit shine and fancy marketing)

2-3 week shipping time means they wont be able to ship it for 2-3 weeks. and itll take 1-3 days for it to be delivered after its shipped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

You'd be extremely lucky to find an iPad Mini for Xmas at this stage. Even suppliers to retail stores are out of them with limited stock due in within the next week.

You'll have to be lightning fast to pick one up in a bricks n' mortar shop.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

iPad mini delivered today by TNT. Original expected delivery date when I ordered was the 14th (tomorrow) so it arrived a day early. Could have been 2 days early only for delays on TNT's behalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭robertxxx

robertxxx wrote: »
    That's right, no fecking mini's at all.

All shops I phoned don't have any and don't know when they will have them in, that's just incredible! Apple.ie can't delivery untill after Christmas! Ireland really gets the **** end of the stick when it comes to foreign shops operating in Ireland.

Update,

Got a text today stating delivery 20th dec, which im very happy about, as they said 31st dec when i ordered it and that's with engraving included.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭icanmunch

iPad mini delivered today by TNT. Original expected delivery date when I ordered was the 14th (tomorrow) so it arrived a day early. Could have been 2 days early only for delays on TNT's behalf.

did you get a billing document emailed to you before it arrived? I got a billing document emailed today but still no sign of the ipad. its due date was tomorrow aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭robertxxx

icanmunch wrote: »
    did you get a billing document emailed to you before it arrived? I got a billing document emailed today but still no sign of the ipad. its due date was tomorrow aswell.

I got that when i ordered it.

icanmunch wrote: »

After the order ships you usually get the billing document 2-3 days later. Most orders i've gotten in the past came direct from England. So I used to have the order delivered before I was even charged.

But this iPad mini was coming from Shanghai so it took 6 days. And I got the documents around 3 days ago. It's completely normal. You'll get the iPad mini tomorrow as expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Deadsnott

I ordered from Apple on the 28th of November with an estimated delivery date of 13th of December. Still no sign of it :( It shipped on the 8th and it now says "origin airport terminal" whatever that means?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭pphheerroonn

Ordered mine, with a Smart Cover on the 29th, delivered on the 11th.

• Advertisement

Same here, arrived at 11am yesterday. Shame its a gift and not for me.
    Box is calling me.

Advertisement