Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst album you ever bought !

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP

Terrible album, complete filth and the language was atrocius.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

A bit of a controversial one , frank oceans debut. I kind of tried to force myself to like it and there are 1 or 2 songs I do like but the majority of this album is just not my cup of tea at all ,actually regret buying it.

I know he's r'n'b but that style of music isn't really what I'm into, I just bought it due to the hype. I suppose as far as R'NB albums go it is good ? I don't know I don't listen to them but Ye it's just not me.

As you said, it's really just not to your taste, but I don't think it could ever reasonably be called a bad album.

It's been almost universally acclaimed.

My album of the year without a doubt.

It would be akin to a rock fan buying illmatic or OBFCL and calling it crap. They aren't, but the rock fan just doesn't know how to appreciate them.

Nostalgia.Ultra was brilliant too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

areyawell wrote: »
    Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP

Terrible album, complete filth and the language was atrocius.

Each to their own but its in my top 5 anyway. It was the album that properly got me into hip hop.

For me Ja Rules with whatever album Livin It Up was on. Listen to it twice and remains the only ever cd ive thrown in the bin. Garbage so it was

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

floggg wrote: »

As you said, it's really just not to your taste, but I don't think it could ever reasonably be called a bad album.

It's been almost universally acclaimed.

My album of the year without a doubt.

It would be akin to a rock fan buying illmatic or OBFCL and calling it crap. They aren't, but the rock fan just doesn't know how to appreciate them.

Nostalgia.Ultra was brilliant too.

I agree with you I don't think it could be called a bad album , I wouldn't be surprised if it was the best R'NB album of the year.

I'm just not into it and regret buying it is all.

I agree with you I don't think it could be called a bad album , I wouldn't be surprised if it was the best R'NB album of the year.

I'm just not into it and regret buying it is all.

Best album full stop for me. With Killer Mike and El-P some way back in second.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭baddebt

jaysus (when I think about the amount of money I wasted)
    there've been a few bad ones ,
    including lil kim , foxy brown , Us3,
    the luniz operation stakola
    Shaq
    Also personal opinion of course MC REN album Renincarnated
    was brutal , apart from the title track really
    Mase Harlem world
    NWA and the posse .
    Ying yang twins ..USA

Thats just some of the muck I bought , i would put fun-hip hop albums like Kid n play and fresh prince , 2 live crew , MC hammer , above them

• Site Banned Posts: 224 ✭✭SubBusted

baddebt wrote: »
    Thats just some of the muck I bought , i would put fun-hip hop albums like Kid n play and fresh prince , 2 live crew , MC hammer , above them
    Most late-'80s rap is quality, even the less serious stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

I was gonna post Will Smiths album "Big Willie Style" but when checking the name on Wikipedia, i noticed Nas wrote some of songs. I feel conflicted now.

tomred1 wrote: »
    I was gonna post Will Smiths album "Big Willie Style" but when checking the name on Wikipedia, i noticed Nas wrote some of songs. I feel conflicted now.

Why? It was either a good album or it wasn't. It doesn't matter who wrote it, performed it or liked it.

You either like it yourself or you don't.

I personally liked a lot if Will Smith stuff back in the day.

I also liked the Ja Rule album I bought at the time (also the one with living it up, pain is love I think).

On the other hand I hated some if the critically acclaimed stuff I bought. Black Sunday by Cypress Hill and Hells Winter by Cage are two that stand out for me as bring acclaimed by others but just did nothing for me whatsoever.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Will Smith has had some decent music, particularly Big Willie Style. It's not an album of substance that it is going to make you think. But if you take it for what it is, its decent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭baddebt

yeah I personally liked will smith , I def don't think he made music to make money , i think he done it for a hobby more so
    still , even now his old stuff is better than some of the Hip-pop nonsence we hear now-a-days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

floggg wrote: »

I also liked the Ja Rule album I bought at the time (also the one with living it up, pain is love I think).

Thats the one Pain is love. Utter tripe as far as i can recall. Couldnt even play it through once

Advertisement