Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst album you ever bought !

Options
  • 03-12-2012 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭

For the few that buy music :P whats the worst album you ever wasted that 10 - 20 euros on and immediately regretted it. I want to know why you hated it...

Mine is the carter 3. I'm not hating on Wayne but I fell for the hype surrounding Wayne around the time of carter 3 when he was arguably at his most popular. Just hated the album from start to finish, the content Wayne raps about on it is baffling just mumbo jumbo lryics to go with a mumbling like style that I just hate.

Granted I loved tie my hands and milli but this album really put me of Wayne's music and arguably he's gotten worse since then pretty much gone straight pop.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

50 Cent Curtis
    that album was such a letdown

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

MD1990 wrote: »
    50 Cent Curtis
    that album was such a letdown

Try bisd .. I taught Curtis was pretty decent fair few bangers on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Try bisd .. I taught Curtis was pretty decent fair few bangers on it.
    hopefully the new album is better
    My Life has some good 50 verses

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭HATCHET IRL

probably one of master p's albums, ****in stupid source magazine ****in with me:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Chingy.
    I only bought it as a joke for one of my mates but it is pure sh1t3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Probably that Jay-z and R kelly album. I bought it back in the days when I still bought CDs so brought it back to HMV and got my money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,513 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

The first album I ever bought, The Pipes of Peace by Paul McCartney, in retrospect had quite a few duds on it.

Going to be controversial here.....

My biggest disappointment was Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club band......got the CD for my 16th birthday, this was at a time when CDs cost the equivalent of about €50 in todays money......so I used to get maybe one or two a year at most......

It was crap. For the benefit of Mr Kite there will be a show tonght dont be late.......

For a record that was iconic, groundbreaking, blah-de-blah.....it was a big disappointment.

EDIT: Oh........Hip-hop.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

I bought a Plies album once. That by far is the worst album I've ever bought.

Master p I never got ! I honestly have a hard time Listening to him. Couple of woeful names , chingy , piles and the likes.

It's worth mentioning I was extremely pi**ed after buying rotten apple by banks after a great debut. Jay z's blueprint 3 was pretty cat on a whole too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Lil Jon - Crunk Juice.

I was 16 and thought Get Low was a good song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Master p I never got ! I honestly have a hard time Listening to him. Couple of woeful names , chingy , piles and the likes.

It's worth mentioning I was extremely pi**ed after buying rotten apple by banks after a great debut. Jay z's blueprint 3 was pretty cat on a whole too.

Blueprint 3 wasn't THAT bad. D.O.A., Empire State of Mind, On To The Next One & Already Home are pretty good tunes. Kingdom Come by a weaker album.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I bought The Last Temptation by Ja Rule... My only excuse is I was about 14. I still wince every time I see it in my CD rack.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

from when i was about 10 and just bought sh1t for the sake of it:

All my cypress hill albums bar black sunday which i give the odd spin.
    Nellyville and country grammar (dont even ask lads)
    The ecleftic by wyclef, bought it based on my love for the fugees, got about 3 tracks into it and turned it off.
    Da real world by missy, another pile of ****e that i dont even remember buying, i coulda inheritied it from one of the aunties but man is it bad, makes me wanna kick missy elliott in the throat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Sisqo - Unleash The Dragon

*shudders*

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Sisqo - Unleash The Dragon

*shudders*

Sisqo or plies wins it I think. What the **** were the thinking?

Country Grammar was a great album though, so great party tracks on it

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've a few dodgy ones.

Richie Rich - Seasoned Veteran -> I only bought that because it had a Tupac verse I never heard and a good tribute song to Pac. I busted it out again recently and it's awful stuff.

Southern Confernce - Who Am I? -> I bought this off the back of its single Dead Presidents which is still dope.

But the rest of the album is dreadful.

I also bought a YoYo tape back in the day which had like 2 good songs on it, one of which was a back and forth with Ice Cube.

I'd agree on country grammar , liked that myself. One of my mates loved young jeezy too, I honestly found him painfully hard to listen too ! Still not mad about him to this day.

I'd agree on country grammar , liked that myself. One of my mates loved young jeezy too, I honestly found him painfully hard to listen too ! Still not mad about him to this day.

Also loved Country Grammar, and loved Young Jeezy's 'The Recession' but don't really like his other stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

iamstop wrote: »
    Chingy.
    I only bought it as a joke for one of my mates but it is pure sh1t3

+1 for Chingy. Probably liked it at the time but I was on some bullsh*t back then :D

• Site Banned Posts: 224 ✭✭SubBusted

US3 - jazz rap group from the 1990s. Gang Starr they were not!

• Advertisement

A bit of a controversial one , frank oceans debut. I kind of tried to force myself to like it and there are 1 or 2 songs I do like but the majority of this album is just not my cup of tea at all ,actually regret buying it.

I know he's r'n'b but that style of music isn't really what I'm into, I just bought it due to the hype. I suppose as far as R'NB albums go it is good ? I don't know I don't listen to them but Ye it's just not me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

There's enough good songs on Channel Orange to guarantee it's not the worst you've ever bought. Or if you're talking about nostalgia/ultra then you're just nuts.

Worst I can think of is Harlem World - The Movement. I was so pissed off that I wasted my money on it.

Makaveli wrote: »
    There's enough good songs on Channel Orange to guarantee it's not the worst you've ever bought. Or if you're talking about nostalgia/ultra then you're just nuts.

Worst I can think of is Harlem World - The Movement. I was so pissed off that I wasted my money on it.

well your more than likely a frank ocean fan so thats easy to say. I never actually stated it was the worst album iv ever bought either but it is one of them because iv no urge what so ever to listen to it again, it got tops 2 spins from me which is bad because i usually play any music i buy too death within the first week.

honestly its up there with one of my worst for reasons explained in previous post, its nothing personal towards the album itself just more so my taste in music hence it being a waste of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I don't really like Channel Orange, just a few of the songs on it. nostalgia/ultra was much better than it.

Makaveli wrote: »
    I don't really like Channel Orange, just a few of the songs on it. nostalgia/ultra was much better than it.

iv never listened to that, channel orange was the first iv heard of ocean.

Frank Ocean is a strange one for me too. I absoltuely love, and I mean really ****ing love 'Novacane' and 'Swim Good'... But those are the only two I really like. I've only really given Nostalgia Ultra one or two full run throughs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Nellyville and country grammar (dont even ask lads)

CG is a classic! Maybe not on an Illmatic or Ready to Die level but its still a top record for its time, still gets a listen for me.

He hasnt made barely one good track let alone album since.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

CG is a classic! Maybe not on an Illmatic or Ready to Die level but its still a top record for its time, still gets a listen for me.

Ride with me is a decent song, apart from that i literally cant listen to it

• Site Banned Posts: 224 ✭✭SubBusted

2615331.jpg

• Advertisement

Tip Drill and Na-Na-Na-Na!

Both excellent.

Advertisement