Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top 10 best boxing matches that never happened.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,684 ✭✭✭✭walshb

vision267 wrote: »
    You know your boxing walshb, Norris didn't want to fight Tito. Norris said he could get down to 147 no problem. Perhaps a maga payday against De La Hoya was a big motivation.

At 147 in 1997/1998 I would have to pick Oscar. In 1999, had Terry still be around I would pick Oscar with confidence. At peak to peak at 150 lbs catchweight I may go with Norris. At 154 (Oscar of the Vargas fight-Norris of the Mugabi/Leonard era) I would pick Norris with confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭clubwelly

Bit of a weird one but wuda loved to see Enzo Mac vs Johnny Nelson mainly cos I reconed Nelson wud take him on points but I had friends who reconned Enzo wud ko him.

Also Duddy vrs Lee or Macklin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Why did Gatt vs Naseem never happen? Gatti said he'd fight him anywhere & didn't mind fighting him in the UK. Was Naz dodging him?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,684 ✭✭✭✭walshb

tdv123 wrote: »
    Why did Gatt vs Naseem never happen? Gatti said he'd fight him anywhere & didn't mind fighting him in the UK. Was Naz dodging him?

Because Naseem was a FW, never ventured higher. Gatti I seem to recall was fighting at SFW/LW in the mid 90s. Gatti would have pulverised Naseem. Hamed's power would not have beaten a 130-135 lb Gatti. Gatti has far too much in his arsenal and would have been far too good for Hamed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

walshb wrote: »
    Because Naseem was a FW, never ventured higher. Gatti I seem to recall was fighting at SFW/LW in the mid 90s. Gatti would have pulverised Naseem. Hamed's power would not have beaten a 130-135 lb Gatti. Gatti has far too much in his arsenal and would have been far too good for Hamed.

I think it was around 97 maybe just before Gatti beat Ruelas in an article I read Gatti said he'd drop down to any weight to fight Naseem, he really seemed eager to fight him, I can't remember Naseem having much of a response at all if any.

I'd love to think that Gatti would pulverize him as well. I'd definitely rate Gatti higher than Naseem for the people he fought. But Gatti did get hit an awful lot & his eyes swelled up pretty much every fight he was in. Although saying that so did Naseem (getting hit a lot) the 1 time he fought anybody really good without being visible hurt too much & Barrera was a big puncher as well, maybe not as a big as Gatti but big all the same.

• Advertisement
Advertisement