Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CHAOS in Aldi this morning--Winter Clothing

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Bet the ski masks are sold out though.

1235895400745.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭dodzy

juneg wrote: »
    Had intended getting some for the kids for sports but no point now obviously
    Why ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭jacool

paddy147 wrote: »
    Winter clothing,winter boots,ski gear and thermal underwear on sale in Aldi this morning.
    It was absolute chaos, with everyone barging in and battling each other
    A scene, coming to you soon, on mountains all across Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The best bit of winter gear I got in Aldi was about a month ago and they didnt even advertise them. It was the 3-in-1 jacket, a waterproof outer layer with a detachable fleece inside, 2 huge inside pockets for gloves/hats etc, wateproof outside pocket on your chest for phones, super warm and looks great, best jacket I ever had and for 30 quid.

Aldi Bray yesterday was swamped, couldnt get near the displays all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭another native

Aldi Super 6

Broccoli - 500g
    Salad Potatoes - 1kg
    Carrot/Parsnip tray - 500g
    Large Onions 3-pack
    Kiwi 6-pack
    Tomatoes 6-pack

All 69c each from Sunday December 2 for two weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Thargor wrote: »
    The best bit of winter gear I got in Aldi was about a month ago and they didnt even advertise them. It was the 3-in-1 jacket, a waterproof outer layer with a detachable fleece inside, 2 huge inside pockets for gloves/hats etc, wateproof outside pocket on your chest for phones, super warm and looks great, best jacket I ever had and for 30 quid.

Reduced to 18 euro in my local Aldi today.........Ha Ha.:P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Bet its S or XXL, L sizes that actually fit are gone in a day in Aldi and Lidl these days, also the amount of time Ive spent standing on train platforms in the freezing cold while nice and snug is worth a lot more than €12 to me so Ha Ha all you like :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

My local Aldi has a good bit of stuff left but it looks like a tornado hit the place,Lidl has loads of ski wear in stock since their promotion last week & even have some reduced in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

Thargor wrote: »

I have one of those I got about 6 years ago ans its still as good as day1 ... best jacket I ever bought!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Does anyone else find this a small bit weird or even disturbing?

The country is in the toilet bowl and some peeps are out killing each other to get ski and winter gear that they could get for around the same price in the likes of TK Maxx or even online?

Someone said it right earlier... i can just see a rake of yummy mummies saying "this would look great on Aoibheann and Fearghus" :D

People can be mad sometimes!

• Advertisement

Access wrote: »

The country is in the toilet bowl and some peeps are out killing each other to get ski and winter gear that they could get for around the same price in the likes of TK Maxx or even online?

Someone said it right earlier... i can just see a rake of yummy mummies saying "this would look great on Aoibheann and Fearghus" :D

Cheapset winter boots I saw in TK Max in Blachardstown today was 30 euro.

20 euro in Aldi will do me nicely indeed.:D

Plus Aldi is only 2 minutes up the road from my house and dont have the hassle of going out to Blanch and trying to get parking either.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

What are people at? Jesus, you hear people struggling to pay bills and then you hear this?:confused: Thread reminded me of Tommy Tiernan's joke:pac::

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Cheers for putting that up, it makes me laugh every time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭dodzy

Access wrote: »

The vast majority of the adult population have, and continue to work. True that some have fallen on hard times, but for the bulk of the population, it's business as usual. And I say fair f**ks to them. Plenty of bargains to be had. Too many begrudgers out there with the same old "country is in the shìtter" babble.
    This is a BA forum.
    There are more suitable areas to post gloom & doom shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Kind of on topic,Aldi in Enniscorthy had winter jackets reduced from €24.99 to €9 & dayglo long sleeve running tops for €4.99 (handy for Winter walkers)

I picked up a nice pair of hiking shoes for €8.49,they were marked as reduced to €11.49.Lots of other boots there that were suitable as Winter boots reduced also.

I assume the reductions are nationwide depending on stock.

BTW. Mr.Price has snow/ice grips that are almost identical to the Aldi ones for €1.49 a pair.

zerks wrote: »
    Kind of on topic,Aldi in Enniscorthy had winter jackets reduced from €24.99 to €9 & dayglo long sleeve running tops for €4.99 (handy for Winter walkers)

I picked up a nice pair of hiking shoes for €8.49,they were marked as reduced to €11.49.Lots of other boots there that were suitable as Winter boots reduced also.

I assume the reductions are nationwide depending on stock.

BTW. Mr.Price has snow/ice grips that are almost identical to the Aldi ones for €1.49 a pair.

Mr Price in Blanchardstown Shopping Centre??

That Mr Price fella has a very pervy voice on the radio,when hes advertizing all those deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

paddy147 wrote: »
    Mr Price in Blanchardstown Shopping Centre??

That Mr Price fella has a very pervy voice on the radio,when hes advertizing all those deals.

Bit off topic but anyone notice that the Harvey Norman lad must be hitting the xanax in a big way judging by the latest media ads

jmorrisey wrote: »
    Bit off topic but anyone notice that the Harvey Norman lad must be hitting the xanax in a big way judging by the latest media ads

Id say he has lost his voice from all the years of shouting out loud..."go harvey go"....:pac:

Advertisement