Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dictator Poll

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Benito Mussolini the founder of Fascio di Combattimento the original fascist party which Hitler found inspiration from.

He is credited with developing Italy from a backward kip into a modern country,

He could kick CIE into shape and make the trains run on time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭K3lso

Ron Paul, although he wouldn't want the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

#KONY2012

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Josip Broz Tito.

/Thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

+1 on Tito
    .....Stalin took the matter personally and attempted, unsuccessfully, to assassinate Tito on several occasions. In a correspondence between the two leaders, Tito openly wrote:
    Stop sending people to kill me. We've already captured five of them, one of them with a bomb and another with a rifle (...) If you don't stop sending killers, I'll send one to Moscow, and I won't have to send a second.
    —Josip Broz Tito[66]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    The Dalai Lama.

Umm - I really hope that's a joke.

Living conditions in Tibet under the rule of the Dalai Lama were horrible.
    http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2010/02/15/tibet_is_no_shangri_la

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

> Dictator poll
    > No poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

Matayoshi Mitsuo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,541 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Italy in modern history have been a disaster when it comes to war, their messing in Greece and Yugoslavia delayed Germany's Operation Barbarossa by 3 months which in the end proved fatal to it's success with the Russian winter closing in. The joke still goes today that Italian tanks have 3 reverse gears.

Mark E Smith from The Fall wouldn't take part in Live Aid (or at least objected to it) related to Italians at war. "And any country (Ethiopia) that can be invaded by the Italians must be a load of crap. Am I right?’

Actually he's a bit of a dictator himself. The band has been through about 50 different members. He's either sacked individual members or his whole band.

Trent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

The joke still goes today that Italian tanks have 3 reverse gears.
    Italian tank commander Luigi Arbib Pascucci disagreed.
    Luigi’s company was inevitably cut off from the main body of the Italian force. He still needed time to regroup; Luigi decided that a last – ditch counter – attack would improve the situation. He ignored enemy fire and led the remaining eleven M13/40 tanks of his company into an offensive attack directly at the centre of the British armoured Brigade. The counter - attack broke the British line, and sent the 8th Armoured tanks into disarray. Luigi then continued to pursue the fleeing British tanks.Luigi was killed by the British during a running tank battle. He was found dead in his knocked - out tank after the battle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Charlie Chaplin

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Dracula88

The Dictator I would choose to lead Ireland would have to be as ideological as Cesare Borgia as strong as Josip Bronz Tito and as powerful as Julius Ceasar .

Advertisement