Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyson Fury v Kevin Johnson - December 1st

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭megadodge

One of the worst fights ever so far. Round 7 and not a decent punch landed!

Jesus, did you see Freddie Flintoff's 'fight' last night?

I think Fury is boxing quite well. Johnson is his usual lazy self, but in his own way he's very hard to land more than one punch on. Fury has won every round with solid boxing. Nothing wrong with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

God i know it isnt the best fight but Johnson aint no bum and Fury has won almost every round against the guy he is winning easy against a decent opponent i say good job so far from Fury

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

God i know it isnt the best fight but Johnson aint no bum and Fury has won almost every round against the guy he is winning easy against a decent opponent i say good job so far from Fury

Johnson has barely thrown a punch :confused:

darced wrote: »
    Yeah honestly i think this is the best i have ever seen Fury fight very controlled and dominating a good fighter

• Advertisement

Melion wrote: »
    Johnson has barely thrown a punch :confused:
    Yes he is lazy but he his record shows he aint a walkover and Fury is doing well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Johnson took this fight with 3 weeks notice, he is not in the best of shape and fury cant open him up. Cant see how anyone can think fury looks good, he will get knocked out by anyone decent judgung by this.

m.j.w wrote: »
    Johnson took this fight with 3 weeks notice, he is not in the best of shape and fury cant open him up. Cant see how anyone can think fury looks good, he will get knocked out by anyone decent judgung by this.
    He has won pretty much every round against a former world title challanger who only has 1 12 round loss i think thats quit impressive or did you think Price knocking out a 45 year old with 6 losses to be impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭trixyben

One of the worst fights ive seen in a while, the heavyweight division is very poor at the min, Fury way way over rated imo...Price would finish him early and easily enough

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Can you imagine how tedious a Klitschko v Fury 12 round borefest would be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭badabing106

Vitali vs Fury in Croke park next year is a genuine possibility !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Ill eat my own head if that happens

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭megadodge

trixyben wrote: »
    One of the worst fights ive seen in a while, the heavyweight division is very poor at the min, Fury way way over rated imo...Price would finish him early and easily enough

You obviously don't watch much boxing then.
    You only have to go back 24 hours to see a worse one. WAAAAYY worse.

Vitali Klitchko couldn't stop Johnson. Fury's winning every round. It's a good showing and most of all his conditioning (which I've criticised in the past) looks excellent.

Melion wrote: »
    Ill eat my own head if that happens

If Flintoff vs Keith duffy was the undercard, it would be sellout

megadodge wrote: »

Vitali Klitchko couldn't stop Johnson. Fury's winning every round. It's a good showing and most of all his conditioning (which I've criticised in the past) looks excellent.
    Agree fully Fury has boxed great very controlled he has been just as impressive as Klitschko was against Johnson

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

better scrap in the croke park jurys.............
    load of pikeys vs ukranians

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

personally, I think Johnson slept his way through that, never came alive and acted like he was just putting in a day at the office. Did not sit down or get rocked once, and still lost. Fury won, and well done to him, but by God, Johnson lost it for himself. His corner need to put a rocket in his pocket - he has it all, durability, strength, ringcraft and an ability to dictate pace, but no fire whatsoever. Very dissapointed in Johnson, happy enough for Fury.

I think Fury is Vitali's next Mandatory now? I think Vitali said he is making a decision on whether he is continuing his boxing career Mid December .I think Vitali vs Fury would be far more interesting than Vital vs Haye!What do ye say?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bk2101

Yeah, Fury was really impressive. He fought a clever fight, and his defence was good. In some of those earlier fights where he got hurt or dropped he got over confident and walked into big right hands. I'd say he could have a very good chance against Vitali.

• Advertisement

I've no doubt that Fury would want to fight Vitali , but I wonder would his management want him to fight someone that could potentially destroy his career. Vital will be retired very soon no matter what happens , and Fury could easily become WBC champion without having to fight Vitali .It might make more sense for him to be reigned back a bit. He is only 24 lets not forget!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

I thought that was a decent enough fight, Johnson lacked ambition but that could well have been down to him being completely outboxed.
    Fury is continuing to improve and the fact that he couldn't hurt Johnson isn't the end of the world as Johnson's chin was rock solid.

The crowd were a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭trixyben

Yeah Flintoff fight was a bar room brawl and an embarrassment to the sport imo...as for Fury only time before he is exposed, Hennessey will pick and chose very carefully and no way will the Kiltscho fight happen that would spell the end for Fury

• Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Folks - 3 weeks notice = 10 days training and 6 days rest approx so to compare this performance to the one against klit is silly.

Fury was brutal. Wilson was worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

When I saw John Breen in Johnson's corner the penny dropped that he was never going to be competitive.

Was quite embarrassing actually to have a supposed "elite level fighter" stoop that low and seemingly rent a cornerman for the night.

The ref actually called a halt to the fight at one stage and told both fighters that they were being paid to fight, and that the last and current rounds were a disgrace, and to get on with it.

The Channel 5 boys just glossed over it. Sure Fury is improving but he really is a pure bum. Never would he ever stand a chance against Wlad or Vitali, not now, not ever. His only hope is that both retire before before they get near him and that the heavyweight division gets even worse compared to what it is.

Same goes for Price.

These guys will be KO'd by the first proper live prospect. They can fight all the former title challengers (aged 40 and over) that they want.

The sport is a f*cking joke really, and barring the hardcore base, nobody has respect for pro boxing, with all the titles and versions of versions and shark promoters (who have zero interest in boxing either).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Folks - 3 weeks notice = 10 days training and 6 days rest approx so to compare this performance to the one against klit is silly.

Fury was brutal. Wilson was worse

Now I know why you where a donkey spending all your time resting !!
    That could have been 3 times a day training 6 days a week, no need for major rest in this time period-even with just 1 training session the weekend that would work out as 48 training sessions, drop 8 off for whatever reason ya want and still 40 sessions.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭The Davestator

cowzerp wrote: »
    Now I know why you where a donkey spending all your time resting !!
    That could have been 3 times a day training 6 days a week, no need for major rest in this time period-even with just 1 training session the weekend that would work out as 48 training sessions, drop 8 off for whatever reason ya want and still 40 sessions.

I think we both know he didn't do 40 sessions! He knew he wasn't fit so paced himself by not actually doing anything!

Both novices. Only good thing is that it wasn't on sky, they'd have fury on pay per view by now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

When I saw John Breen in Johnson's corner the penny dropped that he was never going to be competitive.

Was quite embarrassing actually to have a supposed "elite level fighter" stoop that low and seemingly rent a cornerman for the night.

The ref actually called a halt to the fight at one stage and told both fighters that they were being paid to fight, and that the last and current rounds were a disgrace, and to get on with it.

The Channel 5 boys just glossed over it. Sure Fury is improving but he really is a pure bum. Never would he ever stand a chance against Wlad or Vitali, not now, not ever. His only hope is that both retire before before they get near him and that the heavyweight division gets even worse compared to what it is.

Same goes for Price.

These guys will be KO'd by the first proper live prospect. They can fight all the former title challengers (aged 40 and over) that they want.

The sport is a f*cking joke really, and barring the hardcore base, nobody has respect for pro boxing, with all the titles and versions of versions and shark promoters (who have zero interest in boxing either).

and has been for years:D:mad::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭getuponthis

I thought fury looked very average to be honest. Isn't the cleverest of fighters and doesent have great defence. Someone with a decent bit of power will knock him out. As much as I hate David Haye I actually think he's better than fury or price currently are.
    Price still needs to improve an awful lot too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭soap1978

I thought fury looked very average to be honest. Isn't the cleverest of fighters and doesent have great defence. Someone with a decent bit of power will knock him out. As much as I hate David Haye I actually think he's better than fury or price currently are.
    Price still needs to improve an awful lot too
    Why is haye not looking for a fight with them,is there to much to lose by fighting them,i think haye would beat the two of them.

Advertisement