Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei Ascend G330

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Since the update I've lost the ability to switch manually between 2G and 3G. The option used to be in Settings --> Wireless & networks --> Mobile networks iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Since the update I've lost the ability to switch manually between 2G and 3G. The option used to be in Settings --> Wireless & networks --> Mobile networks iirc.

No such issues here, maybe try a restart? Its Setting - More - Mobile Networks

Im on Meteor btw

naughtb4 wrote: »
    No such issues here, maybe try a restart? Its Setting - More - Mobile Networks

Im on Meteor btw

I checked and there are only six options there now, I think it was called "Network Mode".

I'm on Three but I got the phone from eMobile. I'l assume both of our phones got the same update, the name at the end of the update file said it was from Meteor.

It's slightly annoying because I have to set the network mode manually if 2G doesn't handover to 3G, which is a problem on their network. I'll guess I'll have to use airplane mode to force the phone to reassociate with the network from now on.

I checked and there are only six options there now, I think it was called "Network Mode".

I'm on Three but I got the phone from eMobile. I'l assume both of our phones got the same update, the name at the end of the update file said it was from Meteor.

It's slightly annoying because I have to set the network mode manually if 2G doesn't handover to 3G, which is a problem on their network. I'll guess I'll have to use airplane mode to force the phone to reassociate with the network from now on.

What six do you have?

The one for me is "Use 2G Network Only"

naughtb4 wrote: »
    What six do you have?

The one for me is "Use 2G Network Only"

Data enabled
    Data roaming
    Enable always-on mobile data
    Access Point Names
    Use only 2G Networks
    Network operators

It looks like this, obviously the screenshot is from a Samsung phone but it's the only screenshot of the setting I could find.

• Advertisement

Data enabled
    Data roaming
    Enable always-on mobile data
    Access Point Names
    Use only 2G Networks
    Network operators

It looks like this, obviously the screenshot is from a Samsung phone but it's the only screenshot of the setting I could find.

I think GSM is your man on that one. Its odd we have different menus but both do the same thing

GSM = 2G only

• Registered Users Posts: 30,084 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Haven't done update yet and have the seventh "network mode" option, did anyone else lose it after the update?

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭zil

The new update sees to be a lot worse on the battery drain for me, on the upside no restarts in 2 days.

Edit: Guess i spoke too soon - restart after a day and half uptime :/

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

Is there anywhere in Ireland/ N.I to buy this phone on any network, and then unlock to Vodafone. Or should i wait for the Huawei Y300 to be stocked in Ireland by emobile.

I have one going on adverts.ie if you want it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭skaface

manutd wrote: »
    Is there anywhere in Ireland/ N.I to buy this phone on any network, and then unlock to Vodafone. Or should i wait for the Huawei Y300 to be stocked in Ireland by emobile.

I am also on Vodafone. Maybe Vodafone will be stocking this phone aswell???
    Where did you hear that emobile were getting the Y300 in stock, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 stueymc

@EarthlyPangaea - is see you are on the Three network with the G330 bought from Meteor. Did you need to unlock it, or was it unlocked out of the box?
    The only reason I ask is I found naughtb4's G330 for sale on Adverts, but he isn't sure if its unlocked. Maybe you could help the two of us out..

@naughtb4 - hope you don't mind me asking. I am interested in your phone but its not for me, its for a child. I'd rather be sure it was going to work than have the tears. I did find loads of "unlock" websites that all offer unlock services, so I may still go that route. Hope you don't mind me trying to get a bit more info on the phone. We might just meet up anyway - I'm only 25 mins from you.

In general I'm glad I found this thread. It didn't make good reading when I came across the snags, but it seems the OTA update solved some of them. As all here say, the spec.'s of the phone are quite impressive for a budget/beginner phone.
    Look forward to hearing back from you...

Hi,

Yeah no bother, the phone does the job, i was just lucky to get on the One X bargain alert from a few weeks ago. Tbh if it doesn sell im not too worried, great back up phone.

It does/did havea few niggles but the update had seemed to have solved a good few (but hadnt tested it long enough). AFAIK most fo the unlock sites give a refund if not successful

stueymc wrote: »
    @EarthlyPangaea - is see you are on the Three network with the G330 bought from Meteor. Did you need to unlock it, or was it unlocked out of the box?
    The only reason I ask is I found naughtb4's G330 for sale on Adverts, but he isn't sure if its unlocked. Maybe you could help the two of us out..

It was locked to eMobile out of the box. I used some seller on eBay for the unlock. The code I got worked first time, just search for the make and model and you should get some results.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭mondeo

Hi lads

Can somone post here when the Y300 becomes available? Its the replacement for the G330 model.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

mondeo wrote: »
    Hi lads

Can somone post here when the Y300 becomes available? Its the replacement for the G330 model.

Thanks

sticker.png

http://bit.ly/14P9wtS

mondeo wrote: »
    Hi lads

Thanks

It's on Meteor's website - https://store.meteor.ie/phones/pay-as-you-go-phones/huawei-y300

For those with the random turning off issue, i think this is caused by a loose battery. Had loads of trouble this weekend and inserted a piece of card to really jam the battery in. Have had no issues since

Advertisement