Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iTunes 11 Released

Options
  • 29-11-2012 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

Just spotted on Cult of Mac that iTunes 11 has just been released, downloading it through Software Update now.

Please don't be ****, please don't be ****, please don't be **** ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

No sign of an update on mine yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Installing now. Check the App Store. It's there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

I like the look of it so far ...change can be good sometimes:o

Yup. Came up after all.

Looks alright.

Have reset most of the view options though already.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Well this is..... different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Not showing for me yet.

Scratch that. Found it under software update rather than searching for the update in iTunes itself. Downloading now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

This is very different alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Don't use iTunes that much anymore. I just stream the ****e out of music these days, weather it be at home or on my phone. I'll give it a twirl all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Anyone know how to get the list view of songs?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Click on Songs along the top or select Playlists for a more familiar view. Alternatively click View > Show Side Bar.

Liking it so far, it's a fair bit different but I like the way it's looking so far !

Ken

• Advertisement

Really liking it so far. So much easier to use and navigate. Really like the up next feature ans the re-designed mini player. Seem much more responsive too with the new layout.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Need a few days to play with it, but very impressed so far. I only started a thread bemoaning the state of iTunes earlier in the year. I'm delighted to say that iTunes 11 resolves most of my issues with the old version of iTunes. Playlists are so much easier to manage with the new streamlined interface. Lots of nice little touches, like the genius suggestions and the artist galleries, that remind me why I love the Mac.

EDIT: a little tip - if you hold down the alt key while hovering over a song, a plus button will appear allowing you to immediately add it to Up Next.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Am I being thick or is there now no party shuffle mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Cork981

No show duplicates

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

It's a much, much needed improvement. But the real change will be what Apple does with music next and how well it integrates.

Drives me crazy how many opportunities Apple have missed with music in the last 2 years. Still, we don't know what's happened behind the scenes.

Awfully good update though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Anyone know why some songs are in lighter font that others on artist view?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Cork981 wrote: »
    No show duplicates

Oh dear! Hope I don't have any reason to import my music all over again...

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Davyhal

I downloaded it there last night. I think it is a great update, using the Artists tab of course. Much simplier format and works much better.

I hadn't spotted the lack of "show duplicates". This could be an issue for me if I ever have to re-import my music, but hopefully it will be included in future updates. I always found it a very handy feature

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭huggs2

What i like most is the big improvement in system sound.Everything sounds great.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I was setting up an iPhone for a colleague this morning oblivious to the update of iTunes. The new version takes an eternity to open on a Windows machine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Nice touch with colouring of the songlist to match its album cover. Can't seem to find coverflow?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Coverflow is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Been a while since i used itunes, does it play FLAC yet?

No and it never will. Although I thought there was third party add-on for this.

The remote app for ipad got an update as well and is great too. Add to que feature available on it and it works so much better.

Anyone know how to turn off the bloody icloud login pop up. Usually comes up on launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

The 'show duplicates' option is something I hope they bring back. Same as when they updated Safari to 6.0 and removed the Activity Window. The duplicate option wouldn't be used too much but still a handy feature to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Pretty cool, youre able to use the iSight camera to claim iTunes vouchers now. The UP Next playlist is also a killer feature

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

miralize wrote: »
    Pretty cool, youre able to use the iSight camera to claim iTunes vouchers now. The UP Next playlist is also a killer feature

This feature isn't available for me. Is it US only or has anybody been able to access it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

jester77 wrote: »
    Nice touch with colouring of the songlist to match its album cover. Can't seem to find coverflow?

Yeah colour rendering of the the Track Details from the Album cover is very nice like this one Yellow taken from the DG logo :)

230960.png

Advertisement